1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

In Game Pictures

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by jack102367, Jan 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack102367

jack102367 Avatar

In talking with some people, we came up with an idea of having the cameras actually create an in game picture that you could frame and hang on your walls. You could do something like sell film and then craft a frame. This is just the start of an idea but seemed like a good one so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks,
    Rambo

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

Many have suggested this before - including myself. Alchemy could make an "emulsion plate" which could be a raw material for a camera - a craftable item that already has artwork in game - the camera then creates an "exposed emulsion plate" that alchemy can "fix". I think of it being like a daguerreotype, the sort of photography that existed in the late 1800's.

Alternatively - or perhaps in addition - Tanning could create paints which could then be used with a easel and canvas to create a painting. Both the easel and the canvas would be new craftable items.

Of course the problem lies with the final results needing to be patched into the client - at least the way the client works at this time. With lots of paintings/photographs being created that would add up to a lot of additional artwork that would ave to be patched into the client. Of course if that artwork was made a dynamically loaded thing ...

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

This might be possible using existing tech for heraldry.. it stores images locally in
    %userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\TCache

I don't see why they couldn't do something similar with artwork, with restrictions on size.. they would likely have to set up some kind of import process on the website that would scale the uploaded image and compress it.. and needed some kind of approval because of the "that's why we can't have nice things" factor

Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That also effects the amount of game data. Each picture increases that more and more and more and more.......

Something like a contest with best picture(s) added would work better to keep that data amount down.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Wilfred likes this.
  5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

yeah a tool to create shots that could end up in in game paintings/books etc,

make sure its in the winshlist threads and good luck in 5 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.