Can't find answers about Michael (Highvale Outskirts)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I swear I've searched this whole area but I can't find any answers about Michael. Suggestions will be appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Go to the top of the steeple to the Mystical Looking-Glass and double click it to enter it. Turn north east. On the north east wall are 2 mirrors. Double click the one on the right. This will take you to a small shack. See a paper on ground. Click drag that onto your avatar.

Elgarion likes this.
  3. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I see your getting perma slowed as well, so is this a game-wide bug with enemy casting ice-field on player?

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah that’s bugged. It’s been reported though.

5. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

First things first: I ended up accidentally finding it SW of the Elven Camp. Just out of curiosity, why were the little thumbtacks leading me to that farm if there were no answers there?

6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

What do you mean? Are you referring to the encumbered icon in the upper right? If so, it's because I loot every corpse I see so sometimes I'm carrying 100 lesser wands and 50 rusty daggers.

Or are you referring to one of the glyph things under my name in the upper left? I don't pay much attention to those so I don't know what they were.

7. Toular

Toular Avatar

The first glyph under your name. If you hover your mouse over them it will say what the are. In the case of that glyph to which Anpu is referring, it says something like Move +0 and a duration. At some point an enemy (most likely a frostgiest) hit you with an ice field. There is currently a bug that causes that glyph to not go away after the effect expires.

And, the reason that farm was "thunb tacked" is because there is a quest to retrieve some items from one of the buildings there.

8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Are you referring to the quest where someone (Simone or the leader, can't remember which) asks the Avatar to bring back 3 bedrolls and 3 sacks of grain? If so, a) I had already completed that quest and b) why would the particular thumbtack for the ranch say "Seek answers" instead of "deliver supplies"?

9. Toular

Toular Avatar

Okay, then ... in one of the buildings in that farm there is another Mystical Looking-Glass. That's connected to that over-all quest and might be why the farm is flagged.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was just doing this quest (and only doing this one quest). It is indeed marking that area, because you can take one of the mirrors in that area, to the actual location the letter is to complete the quest. I can see why that is a bit confusing.

Were you able to finish this quest with the information I gave above?

11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

It was a combination of your information and luck, but yes. I went out the wrong door to leave the Elven camp and after a few steps thought, "hmm, I wonder what that cabin is... wait, why is there a thumbtack right in the middle of my compass while I'm walking toward it... OH! This is the place Anpu told me about! Good, I'll be able to get back to the monastery quickly."

Anpu likes this.
  12. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I just watched Blake and Sash stream this quest last week. I had done it myself on a QA character last month. It didn't seem to be a problem when I did it but I think the compass location in the middle of the farm is what throws it off. The items are sometimes nearby and you may need to speak with npc's multiple times and type in keywords that are not on the list.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This is one of the things I have observed over the years, and what that is, is player lack a basic understanding of WHAT the quest makers are indicating (of which I may actually do a guide on this...).

I went to QA, did a quest rest, ran straight to Hyla, manually type the word Help and got her quest.
    I then ran around and checked all the blue compass and map markers for this quest. They are all functioning correctly (they are all showing you the WAY to where that letter is in that cabin):

1. There's a marker for the top of the steeple to the mirror there, which leads you to the room of mirrors which you can click one of them and immediately go to the cabin.
    2. There's a marker for one of the houses in the Six Point Ranch. That ALSO takes you to the room of mirrors which you can click one of them and immediately go to the cabin.
    3. And finally there's a marker at the actual cabin where the letter is on the floor.

As you can see, all of these markers ARE showing you where to go to get the letter. But what players don't understand is the marker for the top of the steeple and the marker for the house Six Point Ranch, direct you to the room of mirrors, which can immediately take you to the cabin and then there is one marker specifically at the cabin where the letter is.

There's probably several way to clarify this quest process further, but I don't know how specifically the quest marker system works. I just know some basics of it just from observation over the years.

necronut and vulcanjedi like this.
  14. ArdRhi

ArdRhi Avatar

Sorry for the necropost in advance.

I am having trouble finding that consarned note. I went to the cabin on foot. Does it only appear if you go via the mirror?

Also that #%#!$ frostgeist frost field bug is still bugged. I got hit with it, and got -40 move. The counter stopped counting down at 8 seconds and it never went away until I used a recall scroll to leave the zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.