1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] Unable to re-buff Healing Grace

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by StarLife, Jan 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Title: Unable to re-buff Healing Grace
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:

If a party member has the ‘Allow Friendly Buff Replacement’ box unchecked and a healer has already cast Healing Grace on them then the healer cannot reapply Grace until the first healing grace as fully warn off.

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Create a party – One party member is attacker (attacks mobs) and second party member is healer

2) Attacking party member must have ‘Allow Friendly Buff Replacement’ box unchecked

3) Healer applies Healing Grace to attacking party member

4) Healer tries to reapply Healing Grace to attacking party member, while it is still active. Result: Healing Grace CANNOT be reapplied.

5) Healer waits for Healing Grace to wear off attacking party member then tries to reapply Healing Grace. Results: Healing Grace is reapplied.

User Specs
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16249
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 3029
    SotA.Win.64.1333.Date.01.10.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Salem
    Area Display Name: Salem
    Loc: (103.6, 38.0, 120.1)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxTYWxlbXwoMTAzLjU4LCAzOC4wMzEsIDEyMC4wOTMpfCgwLCAtMSwgMCwgMC4wMjMpfDE3Ny44NDE2fDI2LjczOTA3fDE4

Puddlefoot likes this.
  2. Puddlefoot

Puddlefoot Avatar

Confirmed, this issue is very aggravating. Typically, I'll toss a single stack grace on the tank, heal up party then go back and give the tank a full-stack grace but for those that don't accept buffs from others, I have to wait for the grace to expire before I can successfully recast on the target.

StarLife likes this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

This sounds like it's working properly.. if the recipient wants to receive the buff, they should check the box to allow for it.. otherwise the game isn't allowing it to be replaced, which seems expected?

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Echondas

Discussed w/ Alley Oop and it seems like there was a bug (or loophole) that allowed for replacing an existing buff of the same type, even if the box was un-ticked .. which was fixed.. so now the box is working correctly. If anyone feels strongly about being able to overwrite an existing buff with the same exact one but for a stronger casting .. that would be something to suggest in the wishlist forum.

5. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

@Echondas

You CAN cast Healing Grace on a party member even when that party member HAS the ‘Allow Friendly Buff Replacement’ box unchecked. That is you can cast healing grace on them, if the DO NOT already have it applied to them

This would indicate that the first time you cast healing grace on another party member it is NOT stopped by the unchecked ‘Allow Friendly Buff Replacement’ box.

When you go to recast Healing Grace on the same party member (and if your previously casted Healing Grace is still active) it will not let you update the buff if the ‘Allow Friendly Buff Replacement’ box is unchecked.

I'm sorry but this seems more than a little bit silly. It lets me cast Healing Grace on a player the first time, but I have to wait for the spell to completely wear off (placing the other player at rick) before I can cast it on them again, if the ‘Allow Friendly Buff Replacement’ box is unchecked.

I can understand why you'd want the ‘Allow Friendly Buff Replacement’ box to cover things like Shield of Crystal, immolation, Enlightenment etc. And, for example not allowing me to overwrite another players strength of earth with enlightenment, but not allowing for the refresh of a skill like Healing Grace seem a stretch to far.

There should be validation to confirm who cast the buff, e.g., Healing Grace and then if it is the same player who is trying to rebuff it then it should be allowed. That would make more sense.

I don't think it's a 'wish list' item. I think it's how the function should work.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Puddlefoot likes this.
  6. Puddlefoot

Puddlefoot Avatar

@Echondas
    In that case, Healing Grace should not be able to be applied by others on un-checked players period. Right now if the un-checked target doesn't currently have an active Grace then any party member can cast it on them but it can't be reapplied until the original one fades. In my opinion, Healing Grace should not be considered a buff, it is a heal over time spell. If you allow it to be initially cast on a target then it should follow the same refresh rules regardless.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    StarLife likes this.
  7. Echondas

@StarLife @Puddlefoot I could submit for dev. review to see if they have any feedback. How do Douse, Purify, and Purify Burst behave?

8. Echondas

I tested, and purify, purify burst, and douse all behave the same way - they cannot be overwritten (unless the recipient checks that box to allow overwrite). I'll ask Ravalox to look at this also, but I still have a suspicion this is working as intended and changing the behavior would be a wishlist request.

Puddlefoot, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  9. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Thank you

10. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I have read through the thread and reviewed the scenario, and as currently implemented this is working as designed. Healing Grace is handled as a buff and cannot be overwritten when the target player has opted not to allow overwrites.

So, if a change in behavior is being requested the best place for that is the Wish List forum. Be sure to include good detail as to what factors would have Healing Grace categorically stand apart from other buffs, so we can get a better idea and to look at it from another angle.

Anpu and Echondas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.