Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Drag a poison potion to your hotbar and when you click it it poisons the weapon you are using.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

drag a poison onto your bar. when you click it it will be applied to your weapon for an amount of time. there's a skill in subterfuge to extend it, but you don't need the skill to use them at all. i THINK there's a basic poison recipe on alchemists and then a bunch more as drops. they're not uncommon from mages.

edit: looks like they're all drops

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Get some poison potions and drag them to your utility bar. Activate that utility slot and your weapon will be poisoned for 20 seconds. The Poison Weapon passive skill in the subterfuge tree will increase that duration; adds another 20 seconds at GM.

[edit] I type too slow. [​IMG]

4. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

53. Is there a penalty for unclaiming a lot and moving somewhere else? I usee the lot deed from captain Kinsey to plop down but im thinking I'd like to try a town with a more responsive governor.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No, unless you want to use the Magic Mover to move a fully decorated lot to a new town; that costs crowns. But if you just want to dump the lot, house, and all the deco back to your inventory and unclaim the lot, that doesn't cost anything. Rent you've paid in advance will remain as "credit" in your lot UI so you can apply it against the next lot you claim.

Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or, to make that a bit clearer:
    • If you wish to unclaim a lot and claim a new lot (either in the same town or a different town) you lose nothing. Prepaid taxes will become credit in the Housing UI which you can use toward other lot taxes. You can remove all the houses and deco manually to your inventory prior to unclaiming. Any houses or deco on the lot when you unclaim it will be moved to the bank.
    • You can also move a decorated lot by storing the lot in your Magic Mover, and restoring it to a different lot. When you restore it, the house and all it's deco will appear on the new lot, same it was on the previous lot.
    • Note this only works when moving to a lot of the same size. If you deco a house on a row lot and try to restore it on a village lot (or vice versa) it won't let you.
    • If you are using the Magic Mover to move a lot to a new location in the same town, it will cost you nothing.
    • If you are using the Magic Mover to move a lot to a new location in a different town, it will cost you crowns to do so. It isn't very much, and I think even that price was reduced recently. I don't know what it is off the top of my head, though.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Wilfred, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe it's 100 crowns.

Wilfred likes this.
  8. Lained

Lained Avatar

I forget the amounts but the cost increases with the size of the lot.

9. Alley Oop

no longer!

Wilfred and Barugon like this.
  10. Lained

Lained Avatar

nice, it changed a month after I moved my keep I completely forgot about that. :(

Wilfred, Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

54. Are spells like Vanish and Camouflage actually useful? Seems like you have to stand still and do nothing for them to work, and only the stupidest monsters are going to stop attacking the spot you were standing just because you vanished. Are there other spells that allow you to remain hidden, perhaps while moving?

12. Alley Oop

yes, they're the level below vanish and camoflauge. in theory they are useful becuas ethey stack with the moving ones and if you don't have enough to sneak by something you might be able to stealth yourself while IT walks by YOU. in practice, though, they don't get used much

13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

55. How about Torpor while we're on that subject? Is that widely used? Seems like if I had immolation and ignite weapon on plus an Earth or Water elemental, if I was fighting a mob and getting low on health I could cast it and let the enemies burn and get beat up while I'm "safe". Seems like I could ask the same question about the Shield skill "Dig In", and the one underneath it that has a whole bunch of shields in its glyph (forget what it's called - Fortify maybe?) - are those practical and/or commonly used?

14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

This is an offline game with CotA-inflated levels and a save game file edited to give me hundreds of gold ore. Immolation says that I'm doing 0 to 0 fire damage - is that just a bug caused by the ridiculous cheating? Also, my immolation says that it's only doing 2 to 8 damage every second for 6 seconds. This is at level 179 - that seems awfully short. I'm wondering if I messed that up, or if having high skills in other areas or perhaps having cursed eqiupment I'm not aware I have is killing the effectiveness of the 2 buffs:

[​IMG]

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, does your combat log show mobs taking damage from your immolation?

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What is your fire attunement?

17. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Stealth does nothing useful other than hiding from other players. The Subterfuge tree is very underdeveloped. I'm really curious if there's anyone who have tried Subterfuge Spec lately to tell us if it's of any use.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Enemy NPCs also don't see you.

Anpu likes this.
  19. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Not to any relevant use, as far as I'm aware.

20. Lained

Lained Avatar

I mean you can't walk right up to them but you can get closer than usual without attracting their attention, handy for getting to harvesting nodes without having to deal with some mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.