1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Not a Bug] no runes from East Vauban Foothills or Blood River

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Duursyrras, Jan 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

01/21/2021 14:54
    Title: no runes from East Vauban Foothills or Blood River
    Reproduction Rate: persistent
    Blocker? no
    Details: over a week i've tried collecting the Invigoration buff from anywhere i could get it...doesn't work because there a NO rune drops in East Vauban Foothills and i get nothing solving the Blood River puzzle....
    Steps to Reproduce: ?
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics (16) System RAM: 15789
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1333.Date.01.10.21
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_01
    Area Display Name: East Vauban Foothills
    Loc: (416.9, 114.4, -252.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV8wMXx8KDQxNi44NTQsIDExNC40NDksIC0yNTIuNDEzKXwoMCwgMC45ODYsIDAsIC0wLjE2Nil8ODUyLjIzMzZ8MjIuNDUyODN8MA==

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

YEP. but login a second ago seems to have revealed a rune in the bookcase where i logged out...i'm trying to collect them and *lock* them to inventory like i've done with the key-sets for the DEX buffs in Midmaer and Lamech's...you don't have to reclaim them once placing them...but i've been unable until now...that means i've gotta see if the 3rd rune is dropping now that this one appeared...funny, can't collect the rune i'm seeing: unclickable even with ALT-click...hmm, something's definitely wrong...

4. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

yep, even a full reboot of my cpu doesn't allow me to collect the rune in the bookcase, and prior to this, i've only found the Rune of Body...Rune of Mind seems to be in my inventory (one on the shelf) but there's no indication that i've taken it...

EDIT: okay, i've found them all now (been weeks), but it sure appears that there's something going wrong with the scene; the castle didn't rise out of the water but just appeared...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's probably an issue with gpu occlusion, which already has a number.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ual-glitches-at-east-vauban-foothills.162844/

if it's not an issue with gpu occlusion for you, please file a new bug; i'm closing this puzzle item one since you were able to complete the puzzle.

6. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

01/21/2021 14:54
    Title: no runes from East Vauban Foothills or Blood River
    Reproduction Rate: persistent
    Blocker? no
    Details: [EDIT] so i was able to open the buff with only 2 of the runes listed in my inventory...still trying for the 3rd...

[ORIG] over a week i've tried collecting the Invigoration buff from anywhere i could get it...doesn't work because there a NO rune drops in East Vauban Foothills and i get nothing solving the Blood River puzzle....
    Steps to Reproduce: ?
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics (16) System RAM: 15789
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1333.Date.01.10.21
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_01
    Area Display Name: East Vauban Foothills
    Loc: (416.9, 114.4, -252.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV8wMXx8KDQxNi44NTQsIDExNC40NDksIC0yNTIuNDEzKXwoMCwgMC45ODYsIDAsIC0wLjE2Nil8ODUyLjIzMzZ8MjIuNDUyODN8MA==

7. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

officially have all 3 runes in hand; don't know what the problem was...

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you trying to collect multiple runes?

9. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

sorry, the problem resolved itself. don't know what was going on. and no, not collecting multiple, just the set of 3. i recently learned that locking buff items to inventory not only means you don't need to acquire them again if you screw up, but for Midmaer and Lamechs you can run into the tombs click the appropriate key slot and jsut run out without reclaiming the key-sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.