R86 Announcement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Jeebus, @Elgarion... did you actually take any time off over the holidays?

Anpu, Wilfred, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Also...

So that's why they did that. It was so annoying to try and buy from them...

Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I didn't notice too many of us taking a lot of time off, hehe. 6 week releases are nice! :)

Anpu, Hazard, StarLord and 4 others like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

For Catnip's sake and ours, I think 6 week releases should be the new norm !

Xee, Anpu, Elgarion and 1 other person like this.
  5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

This release is really good, thanks devs!
    My fizzle RNG seems to be reasonable right now, like I can actually cast 50% spells without 5-10 fizzles!

Kelly O'Shay, Elgarion and Wilfred like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Looks like lots of new stuff to do this release.

Elgarion and Wilfred like this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

At the very least I know that happens in Etceter, and today I was in another town's bank building (can't remember which one) that did that. Basically it's the "NPCs will try to close opened doors" idea, only the path is so long that the doors close on their own first, but they don't stop and turn around until after they get to the doors.

Elgarion likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I always remember them doing it over and over. But it's been a while since I visited them regularly. Maybe that was back when there were more players visiting the bank more often, opening the door all the time.

Elgarion likes this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, @Elgarion... since you're getting some drop rates adjusted, maybe lich skulls could get a look? Drops to make potions of Deftness and Might are relatively easy to come by. Acumen, not so much.

Widsith [MGT], Barugon and Wilfred like this.
  10. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You bet -- added to my list. I think I've added those skulls to a recipe or two lately (the spawner maybe?) so probably a good idea with that in mind as well.

Anpu and Wilfred like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So... what counts as a "lich boss" in regard to the necro shrine recipe?

And does the air recipe that "drops in the Well of Aldur" drop anywhere, or just certain mobs?

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Shadow essence too. After an hour of grinding, I'll be lucky if I have enough for one go.

Cora Cuz'avich likes this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Digging the Well of Aldur scene. Well, until I got to the Isle of One Million T-Ridiculous Air Elementals. Would have loved it if we'd gotten a t10 version of the scene, though. I'm all for group content, but it kinda seems like we haven't really gotten any solo scenes since Spindelskog.

Cirsee and Aldo like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And was that like, a T10 cotton node or something? 18% chance?

[Edit- musta been something like, that I got 15k xp from harvesting it.]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes please. I'm sorry to the SotA developers that think everything should be group content but I usually just want to go do a thing by myself. Introducing only group content is really making the game suck for me.

[edit] BTW @Cora Cuz'avich, if you can make it to the next platform then it's not so bad. Still though, I can't take more than one of those air elementals at a time.

[edit2] Oh yeah, I killed two of those T14 air elementals during the livesrteam and got 20 gp and 13 gp respectively as loot. That's it!

FrostII and Aldo like this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I mean, the tech is already there to make a lower tier version. Well, minus the tech to scale the loot down.

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

20!? Must have been bumped!

FrostII, Anpu and Barugon like this.
  18. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Elgarion Since you are the man that get things done in this game now. Thank you for all your work. I totally enjoy that when you implement things it fully work and thought out well. Thank you. Here is a suggestion for going forward and could you let your team know please?

• Wave Battles
      • Skinning and Wave Battles is an extremely bad idea, this is one of the reason Superstition Canyon is not popular, the fact that your character is disable and goes into an uncontrollable animation to perform a skinning action during combat is an extremely bad thing, especially when you are fighting a T14 type mob.
      • The new wave battle even though it is fun and unique for everyone and actually has some kind of loot people are going to do it. However it is frustrating to the group because how skinning loot work (Only gold is share among the group and the skinner gets all the loot).
      • In a group that is organised and wanted to distribute the skinning order i.e. player1 loot the first large Wyverns and player2 loots the second and so on doesn't work well because everything dies on top of each other and players cannot predict what will get skinned due to everything pilling on to of each other. This can lead to unfair looting and cause conflict in the team.
      • The zone platform is uneven which make skinning very difficult, which mean players will need to keep adjusting their position every time to find the sweet spot to perform the skinning action. We all know the location between the neck and the body of the Wyvern is the place to click but doesn't work well when there are 10 pilled up on to of each other. With the uneven platform the has make skinny even more annoying.
      • Could you please take a group of five DEVS and do the wave battle yourself and see how difficult and annoying it is for you guys to loot all the bodies, just so that you can see and understand what I am talking about. Do a couple of wave and give us your feedback. I know you have slowed down the times between waves, I just wanted to let your team know that wave battles and skinning does not go well together.
    Wave battle looting should be like any other normal looting, having to stop, perform an animation you cannot control and putting your character in a comprised position is extremely bad for a wave battle. Make all wave battle instant loot to make it fun and less annoying for everyone.

Well of Aldur! has been the best Episode 2 content we have ever had in this game, this is how all Episode 2 zone should be released with content, enjoyment and loot. Unlike the other Episode 2 zone I really like this one and I will be using as much as I can and so will many other people.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, I have to say, this has been an excellent release. Sooo much to do and hunt and look for.

Wilfred, Sarek, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  20. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

This is good feedback. I've added it as issue #68660 and we'll discuss possible options behind the scenes.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    FrostII, Aldo, Wilfred and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.