Anyone make a Shrine of Attunement yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jan 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I worked on it all weekend starting Friday afternoon. I spent a lot of hours doing the wave battle at sequanna colossus. Got 16 common Suutak's Blusters (obviously) and 26 common Gaia's Hearts, also got one random uncommon Frozen tear of the Titan's.

Anpu and StarLord like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I got the fix for the Shrine of Sorcery submitted -- once Chris gets it patched in, the recipe will drop in LB's castle as intended. Apologies :( I checked the drop rates for all the shrine recipes, so far so good. The lowest drop rate one is the Necromancy one, but it seems to be doing okay and dropping in 3 locations. Perhaps might become the rarest of the recipes? Or perhaps you guys aren't grinding that one yet :p None of this stuff is crazy dragon head type rareness, however, even the off-hands.

Wilfred, Anpu, Leylu420 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does the Shrine of Sorcery recipe also drop on Xavara?

Elgarion likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ruins of Ravensmoor, and...? I suppose the Rise lich, and ERG?

I suspect it's more to do with the fact that there aren't a lot of lich bosses that aren't accompanied by a crap ton of high level skeletons, making it tricksy to farm unless you have a group.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

ruins of ravensmoor, quel shardfall, deep ravenswood

Anpu likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, one out of three isn't bad.

Interesting on Deep Ravenswood. That might be a bit easier than Ravensmoor.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For sure.

8. Alley Oop

yes and no. it's off the lich of the mound and he can go hours without spawning

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, but as far as I know, Roedberk doesn't respawn, so you'd have to exit the scene, search for his organs, and fight through the other lich battle to get to him. (Or at least, hope you can get through the secret door without too many skeletons following.) In Ravenswood, the other mobs aren't as tough, and won't all swarm you at once.

10. Alley Oop

i think the other lich battle also qualifies as a boss lich

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm hoping that any of the liches in Deep Ravenswood can drop the recipe.

FrostII likes this.
  12. Elgarion

No, I just added Vexlyn's Spark drops to her. The recipe only drops in LB's castle.

I put it into quite a few boss lich tables, so I suspect there will eventually be more than 3 locations showing in the API on that one.

Barugon likes this.
  13. Glepo

Glepo Avatar

How about enchanting and masterworking the new offhand artifacts? Is it planned?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Any hints on at least what qualifies as a "boss lich?" Some of 'em are obvious, but there are other "boss liches" that are lower level than those obvious candidates. The guy down in Crag Mines, or Hilt, for example. Or the one that shows up occasionally in sieges. Semantically they are bosses, though maybe not in terms of loot tables.

Don't need a list of all places the recipe drops (but if you're willing to provide one... ;)) just looking for a bit of guidance as to what might qualify.

15. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can people get the fire shrine yet?

Is that a server side patch or client side patch needed to fix that?

16. Elgarion

Hi there Glepo -- Yup, once I figure out enchants and masterworks, I can also start looking for any artifacts that are missing those capabilities at certain (or all) tier levels (common to epic). Hopefully R87 will include all those updates. I should be diving into it shortly (and cooking recipes).

I think you guys are on the right track, You've found 3 lich bosses already. I'm sure others will become known as more people adventure. As far as I can tell, I didn't miss a single lich boss loot table, but I could be wrong.

The next patch (should happen today if all is well) will include the Shrine of Sorcery recipe, and it will drop in LB's Castle. This patch will have a lot of fixes.

Anpu likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Will it finally fix bard buffs that don't stay with the caster?

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

So making this stuff is gated behind rare drops of rare spawns / boss tier monsters. That's a shame, as these are actually a pretty cool addition - but I've been burned too much by the drop rates in Sota in the past and I'm not willing to subject myself to mindlessly grinding the same content dozens and dozens of time for no payout. For each statue. Especially if we're talking group content and you end up competing with a half dozen people for a 1% drop. Oh well. Still waiting for content that can be worked toward rather than being meted out by a lottery, again - these seemed like a great opportunity for that, but alas no, we continue down this road. The worst part is, I'm sure in a months' time there will be people who have the full set, guess I'll just wait until they start getting sold for gold.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Only some of them. Shrine of Gaiasm recipe drops from earth elementals (I got more than 10 recipes while collecting Suutak's Blusters at Sequanna Colossus) and Shrine of Thaumaturgy recipe comes from smashing crates.

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Last release announcement has the full list of who/where stuff drops from. Seems like the most "powerful" ones are the only super-gated ones. Though, I don't know that there's a lot of moon mages soloing high level content, but their stuff drops from aether creatures and shadow beasts...

True, but the shrines can be used by anyone. So unless you really want them for yourself as deco/PokéObjects, if a gracious adventurer places the shrines where they can be accessed by the public, you could still get the shrine buff.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.