About buffs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

After finding out from alley that there's a cap to a number of buffs, I guess there's a need to know more about them.

Can anyone point me to any posts on buffs?

Am planning to publish another book on this topic. Thanks in advance!

To start off, I suppose there's a need to know what kind of buffs there are and the max it can stack. Do let me know else to add on.

Devotionals (Max 2)

Attunement shrines (Max 2)

Blessings (Max 2)

Food (and alcohol) = 6 points (each food/alcohol has a point value)
    You can't have the same food twice but there are lots of options.

Obsidian Potions (no cap)

Potions (no caps)
    You can't stack two of the same potion but you can use one of each if you want. I regularly use Acumen, Deftness, Might, Cat's Grace, Shadow Form, Wolf Speed and Haste potions all at the same time. Throw in an Obsidian Potion of Preservation and occasional poison as well.

Skills Special caps:
    • Damage Avoidance Skills: The following 5 skills, Dig In, Fortify Defenses, Glancing Blow, Evasion, and Shield of Ice will now only allow any two to be active concurrently. Casting a third will overwrite the oldest. All five of these skills have been added to the 100% unlearn list. This change was to address overpowered damage avoidance gained by unlimited stacking that was making players virtually unhittable in certain situations.
    • Only 1 main attribute skills from strength of earth, air's embrace and enlightenment
    • Only one shield spell active at a time
    • Only two movement speed buffs at a time
    • Only two attack speed buffs at a time
    • Flurry and Berserker's Stance are mutually exclusive. You can use Potion of Haste with either though.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Only one shield spell active at a time
    Only two movement speed buffs at a time
    Only two attack speed buffs at a time

Anpu and Nick like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

• Attunement shrines = 2
    • Blessings = 2
    • Food (and alcohol) = 6 points (each food/alcohol has a point value)

Nick likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Avatar

That's a lot of food. I suppose you cannot have 2 of the same food and alcohol right?

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can't have the same food twice but there are lots of options.

Nick likes this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I seem to not be able to use Flurry and Berserker's Stance at the same time. Am I bugged or is it an exception?

Nick likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Flurry and Berserker's Stance are mutually exclusive. You can use Potion of Haste with either though.

Nick likes this.
  8. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Oh thx for that info, I didn't know that was possible!

Nick likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Avatar

wow... where does all these info come from? Self experimenting?

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Haste potions are great especially since they bumped up the duration. They're also free! I have hundreds of them and I've never crafted any; I just find them as loot.

Nick likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Avatar

Are there any limits to the number of potions that you can use?

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can't stack two of the same potion but you can use one of each if you want. I regularly use Acumen, Deftness, Might, Cat's Grace, Shadow Form, Wolf Speed and Haste potions all at the same time. Throw in an Obsidian Potion of Preservation and occasional poison as well.

StarLord and Nick like this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Release notes and Chris tweets, mostly.

Nick likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And also just personal experience.

Nick likes this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

You can use regen potion and imbued regen potion both at the same time and it gives you 2.25 health per second in 10 and 20 second intervals for 1 hour. Its stronger with the elixer power skill whatever that is

Thats also affected by healing effectivness bonuses

Nick likes this.
  16. Nick

Nick Avatar

Buffs

by Cora Cuz'abich, Barugon, Arkah EMPstrike and Magic Press

If you have not done so, you should to buff up your avatar to survive in these new lands. There are many ways to buff up your avatar. The most obvious ways are through consuming food and potions. You can also visit devotionals and blessings to improve your stats. Lastly, you can learn and use glyphs that buffs your avatar during combat for short durations.

Devotionals (Max 2)
    Devotionals are town decorations that, when used, will impart a Town Blessing on the character.

Each Devotional offers a different blessing, and the power of the blessing is based on how many people live in the town. To receive a blessing you merely need to stand near a Devotional that has been placed in a POT (or NPC town). Players can only have two blessings active at any time, so visiting a Devotional while two blessings are active will overwrite the older blessing.

Attunement shrines (Max 2)
    These powerful and crafted statues utilize 9 related off-hand artifacts to craft, which provide 3-day attunement buffs for any character which steps into their aura. These buffs are on their own separate buff channel, and 2 buffs can be simultaneously utilized.

Blessings (Max 2)
    There are nine reward blessings for use in adventuring areas that contain challenging puzzles and/or repeatable content, giving players extra reasons to revisit those areas. You can find the location of these blessings in the book: Blessing Locations. These blessings give a three day buff. You can only have up to 2 blessings at any one time.

Food and Alcohol (Max 6)
    The type of food in game can go many pages long. Each type of food has its own unique buff. You can either make your own or visit player vendors specialized in making food. You can't have the same food twice but there are lots of options.

Other than food, there is alcohol too, specifically beer, whiskey and wine. You can make your own or buy them from players. Cooking and Brewing recipes can be found from NPC vendors in Novia. Give a shout in universe and someone might just teach you for free.

All foods and drinks have been assigned a numerical value from 1 to 3 which indicates how many food buff slots are utilized when eating and drinking that item. Up to 6 food channels are possible, so if a character eats 6 single point foods, they can fill up all 6 food channels. If the character eats 2 foods which have 3 points each, all 6 food channels are also filled.

Obsidian Potions (no caps)
    Obsidian Potions are available from the crown store, also available on many player vendors. As a subscriber, you will also be entitled 3 obsidian potions per month. There are 8 types of obsidian potions that can last for 7 days.

Other Potions (no caps)
    You can't stack two of the same potion but you can use one of each if you want. You can use Acumen, Deftness, Might, Cat's Grace, Shadow Form, Wolf Speed and Haste potions all at the same time. You can throw in an Obsidian Potion of Preservation and occasional poison as well.

You can use regen potion and imbued regen potion both at the same time and it gives you 2.25 health per second in 10 and 20 second intervals for 1 hour. Its stronger with the elixir power skill. That is also affected by healing effectiveness bonuses

Skills caps:
    You can stack various skills to give your avatar an advantage in combat. But there are certain skills that has a limit to what you can use concurrently. When the limit is exceeded, the newest skill cast will over the oldest.

Damage Avoidance Skills
    The following 5 skills, Dig In, Fortify Defenses, Glancing Blow, Evasion, and Shield of Ice will now only allow any two to be active concurrently. Casting a third will overwrite the oldest.

Main attribute skills
    Only 1 main attribute skills from Strength of Earth, Air's Embrace and Enlightenment may be cast.

Shield Spells
    Only one shield spell active at a time.

Movement Speed skills
    Only two movement speed buffs at a time.

Attack speed skills
    Only two attack speed buffs at a time.

Other skills
    Flurry and Berserker's Stance are mutually exclusive. However You can use Potion of Haste with either though.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    Anpu and Arkah EMPstrike like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

If this is going to be an in-game book, credit Cora Cuz'abich. The "v" spelling here is only because the previous forum moderator had his mind in the gutter and thought my name sounded dirty.

Nick likes this.
  18. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

There is a limitation on potion buffs: you may only have one of potion of elemental resistance or potion of magic resistance active at one time. Using one cancels the other.

While it's true that flurry and berserker stance do not stack, I'm not aware of any limit on the total number of attack speed buffs active at once. For instance, I can stack flurry, potion of haste, fleet flute, and anthem of alacrity all simultaneously.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I thought that Fleet Flute and Anthem "didn't count" because they can be applied by other party members, and it would be dumb to have your own buffs overwritten by others. Does Anthem overwrite Berserker, Dash, Wolf Speed, or Sprint if you already have two of those?

Still, I may be wrong about the limit of two. I would have tried to use Flurry, Haste, and Berserker; and if two of those are exclusive, I might have interpreted that as a limit of two. Is there a way to search old patch notes? I do vaguely recall it being a thing aside from my own testing, but I also wouldn't be surprised to be completely wrong.

Mimner likes this.
  20. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

Anthem adds "% move rate", similar to pirate hat, and therefore doesn't count vs. the limit of 2 skills that add "move speed". Fleet flute does add move speed, and therefore counts toward the limit of two move speed buffs.

Regardless, the attack speed % is not limited to a specific number of buffs. It is only limited in that one cannot use both berserker stance and flurry simultaneously.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.