Friday Stream Questions - February 5, 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfred, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    Here are the questions from the Feb. 5 Friday Stream, with timestamps for the answered questions.

Shroud of the Avatar stream with Atos and Sannio!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/902443515

----------

3:52 Coswald_Dirthmire: !question
    Will the new offhand artifacts be able to accept gems and enchantments like the older ones can? (though some older ones are bugged)
    - Chris answered about 00:37:35

4:04 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    When are you planning on a much deserved vacation?
    - Chris answered about 00:42:55, more about 00:58:05

6:18 Dr_L: !question
    Splintering strike still is not applying the weapon damage bonus described in it's tool tip. Did you decide not to add that effect?
    - Chris answered about 00:53:30

6:31 ElrondKingOfElves: !question
    new enchants and masterworks when ? Combining artifacts with crafted gear when ?
    - Chris answered about 00:39:00

6:45 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Relative to humans, kobolds & elves - how intelligent are dragons and daemons in the world?

7:02 BuZz_KiII: !question
    are you happy with the way aim shot is working ?

7:10 Dr_L: !question
    What do you think about introducing a bard song that increases spell critical damage to give a boost to non-fire magic users?

8:01 cathy888: !question
    Can we get an alliance chat channel? So all sister guilds can communicate in game.

8:34 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    What are your thoughts on Dragon Egg Omlettes?

9:29 toular_fairloe:
    A scene with harvestable four-leaf clovers and a small trickster "deamon" that drops little piles of gold around.
    - Sannio responded about 00:10:15

9:38 ishymata: !question
    Any plans on getting a possible stat page to track Elementals progression?

11:14 SereniaMellorian: !question
    When will the loveseat placement bug be fixed? This makes it really hard to finish any deco projects...
    - Chris answered about 01:19:35
    1:20:25 SereniaMellorian: You can't move or place several of the loveseats now. I posted a bug report a while ago. Justyn knows about it I believe
    - Chris responded about 01:20:55
    1:21:11 Foobunny: Yes the loveseats are not placeable
    - Chris responded about 01:21:20
    1:21:30 SereniaMellorian: Bug number is 68499

11:36 Paladin_Michael: !Question
    Sannio, when can we await Episode 1 storyline will be continued? :)
    Exactly at the point, Episode 1 ended...
    - Sannio answered about 00:44:15
    45:39 Paladin_Michael: Thank you, Sannio!
    45:56 IamSannio: You're welcome!

11:42 AzazelReborn: !question
    when is the new mining zone coming, also please dont make us kill insane amount of hard mobs to get 1 node pretty please?

- About 00:11:55 Chris said that Lord British and DarkStarr might be on the stream next Friday.

12:41 StymieLLTS: !question
    Can we get a MAX Button for the Crafting Menu so we don't have to Mouse Click 50+ times to Refine or Craft something?
    - Chris and Sannio answered about 01:02:05, also talked about improving player dungeon upgrade menu.

14:30 randomdude611: !question
    @Sannio What's up with the fragile plaques in the Well of Aldur scene? Is there a hidden quest for them?
    - Sannio answered about 00:24:55, more about 1:03:30
    25:44 Coswald_Dirthmire: I tried to break the one that used to not break and it wasn't even spawned :/
    26:27 IamSannio: @Coswald_Dirthmire Do you remember where it was? Or can you submit a big for it after you get the location coordinates?
    27:16 Coswald_Dirthmire: @IamSannio I'll get the exact coordinates, I remembered it being on the wall behind the large shrine on the alst platform befor the wyverns
    27:59 IamSannio: Thanks. That's the one I fixed. I fixed it by moving it about 8 feet to the left. Same wall area, but not in the recessed area.
    37:19 Coswald_Dirthmire: @IamSannio I think I found the plaque at its new location, 276,-1,-370. Spawned and breakable, I just wasn't observant enough after the move
    38:03 IamSannio: @Coswald_Dirthmire Thanks for checking!

14:55 Irishize: !Question
    Why wont my shrines work when facing West
    - Chris and Sannio answered about 1:03:45
    1:05:46 Irishize: it is only the new shrines @shroudoftheavatar
    1:06:40 Irishize: in my town anyway
    1:07:28 SereniaMellorian: In my bug report someone else mentioned that in Whyte Roc they don't work when facing south

- About 00:15:25 Chris talked about how Elgarion was the one who made the new shrines.

16:30 ElrondKingOfElves: !question
    teraforming pots when ?
    - Chris and Sannio answered about 01:07:25
    20:02 belladonna_rose: !question
    How is the terraforming tool going. Really would like to test it and see how it works
    1:01:32 belladonna_rose: !question
    Again....any updates on the terraforming tool. This is greatly needed for Pots

16:56 Oop_of_the_Vale: !question
    when will birdbaths be fixed?
    - Chris answered about 01:19:35
    1:20:00 Oop_of_the_Vale: the birds were removed a few years ago. maybe limit to one a lot?
    - Chris responded about 1:20:10

17:22 Nightraven1d: !Question
    Is the Bard song Atonal Aria going to get fixed. It does not matter if you single stack or 6 stack it does the same damage and length of the song.
    - Chris answered about 01:09:00
    1:11:09 Nightraven1d: I feel your right on how the bard song should follow the bard
    1:11:37 Echondas: bard is 'playing' the song.. should follow the bard.. like instruments follow the player using it
    1:12:20 Foobunny: yeah I am okay with the song following the bard. Thing I hate about bard is the length of charge up and casting... very un bard like
    - Chris responded about 1:12:35
    1:13:22 Foobunny: How about require an instrument in the offhand
    1:13:55 Echondas: make some songs instant cast, but effects stop when the song stops
    1:14:00 craftymethod: lead programmer getting involved with balance is a black hole :p
    - Chris responded about 1:14:10
    1:14:27 Coswald_Dirthmire: As a heads up, Concussive Canticle is supposed to cost focus but doesn't. In PvP it will cause the other player to loose focus instead (so can be very deadly to anyone running chaotic feedback)
    1:15:28 Coswald_Dirthmire: The "Lose xx Focus" stat is in red though, so seems like it just needs to be changed to apply to the singer and not the recipient

17:34 DuursyrrasBohdie: !question
    when does the dragon in The Breach appear? only seen once...
    - Sannio and Chris answered about 00:48:40
    49:31 DuursyrrasBohdie: ha ha. wow, yeah...it was a true beast
    49:43 DuursyrrasBohdie: ty both!

17:50 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Will you be able to set the circle size (e. g. whole POT VS castle walls)?

18:17 serrpeters:
    If we cannot get Riposte to work correctly in group scenes due to buried code, then can we get a new skill to replace it?
    19:25 aknightowl01: !question
    from serrpeters If we cannot get Riposte to work correctly in group scenes due to buried code, then can we get a new skill to replace it?

19:46 Paladin_Michael: !question
    what about some sorting tabs for our Quest Journal this year? |Episode 1| |Love|Courage|Truth|Oracle ... and |Episode 2| :)

21:22 Pop_Lancermane: !question
    Check your spreadsheet for XP applied when trying to raise Meteor shower, celestial blessing, and fire flies (probably most of the moon tree) skills, they are NOT applying enough XP per attempt (as was the case with the lvl 2 skills for enchant).

- About 00:26:00 Chris talked about a charity auction they will be putting on. The proceeds will be donated to support CatherineRose's daughter in her fight with cancer. A Lord of the Isle bundle will be auctioned. The original dippy bird will also probably be one of the items in the auction.
    26:13 ShroudoftheAvatar: https://theavatar.express/home/hard-times-for-a-wonderful-sota-community-member-catherinerose
    - More about 01:24:40

26:33 master_elas: !question
    Any word on when you will make the update to the crafted gems letting them be broken down to fragments like the standard gems?
    1:02:46 master_elas: !question
    Any updates on updating the crafted gems to brake down into fragments like the main gems?
    1:14:15 master_elas: !question
    Any updates on updating the crafted gems to brake down into fragments like the main gems? It should be a super quick change as you have it working on the regular gems now.

27:38 DuursyrrasBohdie: !question
    any update on the reported bug involving inventory in containers/subcontainers getting randomly dumped in parent containers?

34:21 ElwynMoon: !question
    are you guys going to fix the enormous mining nodes we ended up with this month?
    - Sannio answered about 00:35:05
    36:24 ElwynMoon: there were quite a few of them, I know I saw some at the basement of graff mines
    - Sannio responded about 00:36:45
    36:57 ElwynMoon: some of those were already big though
    37:18 IamSannio: I'll check anyway, @ElwynMoon . Thanks!

37:12 toular_fairloe: Is that "bigger is better" rule true for other harvestable types? Cotton, for example?
    37:50 toular_fairloe: Or garlic? I've seen garlic that's almost as tall as me...
    38:29 IamSannio: @toular_fairloe That garlic sounds too big. Please report a bug when you see super-big garlic!
    39:01 IamSannio: Only ore should get bigger in higher-threat areas. Every other resource node is a single, standard size.

37:10 AzazelReborn: !Question (about Well of Aldur)
    Sanio, Skinning and Wave battle this is a bad idea, what is your views on it?
    - Sannio and Chris answered about 00:54:35
    55:19 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: It's the best wave battle in the game!
    55:30 GwendolynObscuro: we need an option to roll for skinned loot
    58:31 Echondas: make the skinning timer near instant, like on a meticulous, that would help mitigate until a bigger change can be made?

- About 00:37:45 and 00:40:10 - One of Elgarion's nicknames is "Young Jedi" :)

39:07 AlleineDragonfyre: !question
    When can we expect the map system to be completed, specifically the ability for Governors to write on their own POT maps, which are currently unmarked. Thank you!

46:06 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Are there any hidden scenes or quests that no one has discovered yet?
    - Sannio answered about 00:58:25

46:43 ishymata: !question
    What's your favorite weapon type and why is it Polearms?

47:03 craftymethod: !Question
    Any chance we can see a different stance on juke boxes showing custom stations to other people or maybe players entering a lot hearing the owners radio already playing?

48:44 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Have you seen the player priority poll and if so what are your thoughts on the top voted responses?

- About 00:50:00 Chris talked about a new mesmerize resist stat that is being added. Chris also talked about how Adventurer Level does matter for mesmerization resist and a few other areas.

50:49 craftymethod: !Question
    isnt changing companies a chance to change the games first menu in game? Its like buying a new house and leaving the last owners welcome matt

52:01 beestriker2: !question
    could the npc interaction menu be like the quest items menu... have the click options listed on the left and main chat on the right.

54:58 craftymethod: !question
    Is there any reason the free lots from the storyline cant be used for abandoned NPC towns?
    - Sannio and Chris answered about 00:59:25

55:17 AMoldyPotato: !question
    any update on when the Hospitaller title will be fixed? Only older players have this title on their list I believe
    55:55 DuursyrrasBohdie: @AMoldyPotato, actually, i've got it, and i'm new as of late summer
    56:55 AMoldyPotato: @DuursyrrasBohdie thanks!
    57:18 DuursyrrasBohdie: yw!

57:40 craftymethod: !question
    why are towns full of castles if there isn't any type of risk. Could that change?

- About 00:58:45 - Hi from Maxine :)

58:57 mobilenerdgames: !question
    do you work on a german translation because it is not easy for many german peopel to write things in chat in engl. ?

1:02:08 beestriker2: !question
    Please give us a way to summon party members into encounters. There is no good way to find out where they are if they don't know where they are.

1:09:23 AzazelReborn: !question
    when can we get scalable episode 1 zones. Please add 3 a month causal players are struggling with new contents.?

1:09:37 craftymethod: !question
    is it a goal for the game to place an onject on the ground outside lots?

1:11:20 jDredd_GG: !question
    can you please fix atonal aria targeting?

1:18:57 Vik_Kannon: !question
    Will the Obsidion City home ever be on sale? Still waiting from 4 months ago..

1:23:08 Griffler: !Question
    would it be possible to have all the maps in a folder accessible by players so we could use our own custom maps for areas, pots?
    - Chris answered about 01:23:20
    1:24:29 Griffler: cool cool cool, good to you see you guys too!
    1:24:38 DragonhartWyrmkin: have a default mapset, and a alternate toggleable folder for user provided maps.

----------

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    Sorgin Txakal and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

This part is always surprising me... At about GM in everything in bard, you can cast a song in about 2 seconds, which is not all that long. Meanwhile, the "Charging" part, sure, charging a song takes a while, but you are "Charging up" the effect to make it insanely powerful... In a group setting, which I have started testing, you have time to stack them instead, and honestly I can stack 3 songs to 6 stacks each in about 10 seconds or so, so it isn't too bad. All my focus goes into that, but 1. it works and is way faster and 2. My party expects me to be doing just that.

Considering I give +40 Str/Dex, +130% Crit damage and some crit chance to ALL party members, with 1 song, I don't think songs should be made easier to cast, at all...

But once again, @Wilfred, Thanks so much for these! Was very happy to be able to snipe the answers I was looking for!

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree, plus I feel that Savage Sonata and Rhapsody of Recovery are giving me a pretty nice bonus even without charging them up.

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.