Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It reduces the aggro distance. If you have high level stealth then you can get pretty close.

2. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Even if you are using a stealth skill though, players can target you with their abilities if they know you are in the scene.

I've been aced by someone using rapid fire in my general direction because the skill automatically locks onto any relevant target. Because the game allows people to fish while invisible, I run around PVP scenes shooting arrows until I hit someone to flush out any players.

Stealth also is immediately eliminated under many circumstances, most of which will result in your immediate death if you are PVPing.

I would be shocked if anyone has been able to pick pocket anyone within the past year.

The only way a rouge/assassin/thief build is possible is relying surprise and stealth, and I do not believe one shot killing players in heavy armor and/or with air shield is possible - while acing an under protected sneak who can't use shield spells while invisible is very easy.

If anyone has made a stealth based build work in this game, I would love to hear about it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    FBohler likes this.
  3. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

There are some items that I have stockpiled and I'm wondering if there's any reason to do anything but sell them to an NPC vendor:
    Hemlock Borer
    Black Cutworm
    Boar Head
    Entrails
    Elf Skull (I don't remember where I got it, but it's just a white Elf Skull)
    Slime Ooze - I know poison can be made with it but I'd prefer to make poison with Corpion Venom Sacks
    Rotting Flesh - I know poison can be made with it but I'd prefer to make poison with Corpion Venom Sacks
    Granite Blocks - I don't ever plan to do any construction in this game, not my cup of tea.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

elf skull was a quest reward, it's just deco

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Borer types, Entrails and Black Cutworm have been sold to NPCs for ages. Now they seem to have some very specific uses in crafting. I bet most players still sell them to NPCs.
    Any animal head can be used to craft a headdress, which is fine to build up producer XP and to level Masterwork and Enchantment on them.
    You're right with slime ooze and rotting flesh.
    For granite blocks, I used to sell those to NPCs, but then I started messing around with deco and needed some. I'm not sure if players buy granite for any value.

6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I've actually managed to accumulate a few artifacts. If I never intend to utilize the artifact (i.e. if it's a mace or two-handed sword and I'm a polearm user, or if it's armor or a ring and I already have something better) is there any reason to do anything else but salvage it for Ancient Essence?

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not really. But I'd hold off, there's supposed to be some changes (at some point) to salvaging artifacts. Not sure on details, but this is from last weeks release announcement:
    So unless you really need an essence for something, it might be better to wait.

DalTXColtsFan and Elgarion like this.
  8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

This necklace of civility was given to me as a gift. Of course I need to repair it with some ancient essence first, but it looks like the alchemy table is going to let me socket it. Any reason not to do so other than the reduced durability? And after I socket it any reason not to enchant it once or twice other than reduced durability?

As far as the necklace itself, it looks like its only blessing is +5 Adventurer Level. Does that give me any bonuses other than a little more health and a little more focus?
    [​IMG]

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

If you want to use the item, by all means, go for it. You won't get the gem back if you salvage* it later for essences, but gems are pretty easy to come by these days.

Also, I'm not sure, but socketing/enchanting/masterworking might repair the item's minor durability Don't quote me on that, though. I may be thinking of other games. At any rate, enchanting etc. won't the alter minor durability, unless the the drop in major durability goes lower than the minor durability. Since your minor is already at 1, you're safe to do your enchants and what not. Worst case, you'll still need to repair it afterward.

*Unless the upcoming artifact salvage changes affect that. But we won't know until they happen.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Watch your chat when you have the necklace on. It can be... interesting, especially if you use a lot of profanity...

11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Am I the only one who's complained about having to wait until dawn to talk to Zalo? Seems like an unnecessary plot point, but I'm sure someone had a good reason. Is the time window really small? I walked away to go kill skeletons and it took me awhile to find him again, when I did find him again it clearly still said Dawn at the top of my screen but he wouldn't talk to me.

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is that the quest for that emote? I think it is. Offhand I do believe the times stated in the journal just didn’t match exactly when you actually could speak to them. So uh, just wait for the next time change in the compass. I’ll try to bug report that quest on qa so Sannio can see where it’s not working and hopefully fix it.

13. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

If I levelled up a skill for the sole reason of unlocking a skill below it, the skill below it is unlocked, can I "unlearn" the skill without re-locking the unlocked skills below it, so that I can use all that XP for skills I actually intend to use?

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You won't be able to let it drop below the minimum to unlock the next skill once you've unlocked that skill. So, Blinding Shot requires Disabling Shot at 40 to unlock it. Once I unlock Blinding Shot won't drop below 40.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. I don't think any required skills need to be higher than 40 to unlock the next skill. The most expensive skills in the game (Specializations) only need about 70k to get to 40, and those aren't need to unlock anything else. Most of them only need around 20k at most to get 40. You're not sitting on a huge amount of xp locked away or anything.

Skill XP Table

15. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Is there a reason this Darkstarr Spear is worth the 30,000+ he's charging for it? The spear on the right that I crafted myself seems superior to it.
    [​IMG]

16. Lained

Lained Avatar

It's not the stats that make it valuable but the eternal pattern that you get when salvaging the spear and you can apply it to a crafted spear, as eternal you get the pattern back if you salvage or apply another pattern to the crafted spear.

Barugon likes this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Plus, it was an old telethon reward. Granted, that stuff seems to be for sale on occasion as "From the Vault" items, but once upon a time if you didn't get one in the telethon, you didn't get one, period. Unless you bought it from another player. It might have been listed a long time ago, when that was still true. Though, I think when that stuff does come up for sale now, it's no-trade, so this spear still has some value over the newer ones.

But yeah, what Lained said. The value is cosmetic, not power.

Lained likes this.
  18. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

The skill glyph just above specialization requires 80 before you can open the specialization.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ah, yeah. I knew there was something that required a higher skill to unlock. Obviously I didn't search too hard...

Those are at least somewhat mitigated by the fact you can only have two at a time. So unless you like to switch specs a lot, you're only ever going to have to potentially get 80 in two skills. And odds are, that's not wasted XP, because if you're picking a spec. you're probably using those skills a lot anyway. Except maybe Death, since the skill to unlock is the summon innate, and the death summons are kinda sucky.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Reward and crown store items are also indestructible (their max durability is never reduced). Just wanted to point that out.

Lained, DalTXColtsFan and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.