1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Switch to a 2 month Release Cycle

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Feb 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The current once a month release content delivery system I feel would GREATLY increase if you did switch to a 2 month Release Cycle. Having a 2 month window gives the team a larger amount of time to focus on various content (be it bug fixes or new content or tweaks to existing content). The monthly login reward and reward program rewards would still remain as a monthly delivery. Just the actual release content delivery.

Also the perception of the game would also be greatly increased by such a change as well.

We all know you all do a tremendous amount of work every month and we all appreciate that every release. Really, we do, and thank you! But having a larger window of development time would give you much more time to work on various things, and we the players also then benefit from this change.

This is merely my own opinion and observation of playing this game since release. But I do feel strongly that such a change would greatly benefit the game overall. But that is only my opinion. I do also wonder what others think about this as well, or perhaps such a change they would greatly dislike. Please do feel free to share your opinions as well.

Thank you for your time!

Net, Echondas, Elgarion and 6 others like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I think this would be a great change. The past few updates felt bigger and much more interesting than the ones before that, and I heard they were 6 week releases, which would explain it.

For me, the biggest impact would be that most changes wouldn't feel like we are receiving at a dripper rate, ex.: The recent balance pass done to combos was great, but only a few (10 or so) combos were affected! If the release cycle was longer, we could have seen many more combos being buffed, which wouldn't give this "Incomplete" feeling that it left me for now.

+1 from me here!

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  3. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

I would prefer quartlerly.

Net, Anpu and CICI like this.
  4. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I like quarterly, but raise you to Biannually.

Net and CICI like this.
  5. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

Either way, I have no comment on the decision. to shift to monthly release ( don’t mistaken me, I appreciated it, the intention is good), however, you still have to make repetitive tasks into auto pipelines (CI/CD), it’ll save you more time in long run. Microsoft teams are very very agile, and made daily release possible, it’s all about automation.

Lained likes this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

I think that quarterly system would be better. Perhaps having a major updated every three months and minor bug fixing or balancing a month after that. Then two months to get ready for the next release.

That being said I have no strong preference either way.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.