1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Make "Auto Roll for Loot" the Default

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Wilfred, Apr 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

"Auto Roll for Loot" should be turned on by default.
    Options > Controls > Auto Roll for Loot

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

It didn't used to be the default, but I believe it is checked by default now....

3. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

OK, good if Auto Roll is the default.
    I met a player in Eastreach Gap today who was not aware of it.

4. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

It would also be nice to add an option to have a decline threshold.

Additionally, moving auto-roll to the side of the server instead of the client would drastically improve performance. Currently there are unnecessary network waits on auto-roll that are creating unnecessary lag in the process.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Most parties I've been in just have the loot threshold set to "1" which means that every individual reagent has to go through the roller, which just seems horribly inefficient not to mention what it does to my chat log. There's nothing wrong with dividing all this stuff evenly, I don't object to that, but it would be nice if (related to this request) we could see the loot rolling system expanded a bit to add specific filters. Quite often, even distribution of junk picked up results in someone becoming overburdened with all the crap weaponry etc. but there's no way to NOT roll on certain things and if you don't turn your auto roll on at all, it just holds up everyone else and in these scenarios, everyone tells that person to turn it on :x

Personally, I'd prefer not to roll on rusty silverware, dirty dishes, etc. that just results in pointless clutter. But because the only filter we have is "value" this doesn't help.

It'd be nice to see something like:
    Auto roll on:
    [x] Reagents
    [x] Crafting Materials
    [x] Supply Bags
    [x] Artifacts
    [x] Equipment
    [ ] Kitchen implements and cutlery
    [ ] Crappy food
    [x] Recipes

And unselected ones it simply declines. If everyone declines, the item gets vaporized and the body disappears.

Or just add a filter by name exclusion list. I would absolutely personally take the time to add the dozens of things I never want to pick up, ever.

6. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'd also like to see stacks be divided evenly instead of rolled on.

7. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    I just wiped and reinstalled SotA because it developed a crash bug.
    So I can confirm that "Auto Roll for Loot" is still currently off by default.

Please make "Auto Roll for Loot" on by default.

Also:
    - "Auto-Attack" should be off by default. (Auto-Attack really should be removed from the game.)
    - "Show Translated Location Names" should be on by default. Having location names translated by default would really help with new player retention.

----------

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I personally do not want auto attack removed.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Nor do I .

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why? What good would this do for the game? If you don't want auto-attack then turn it off. I don't speak for others but if they removed it from the game then they effectively remove me from the game too.

FrostII and FBohler like this.
  11. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Auto-Attack makes the game feel less immersive. It makes combat feel like you are just an observer, instead of actually being involved in a fight. Since there's no input tied to Auto-Attack, it removes a lot of the small quick decisions that are normally required in combat. Which results in bland and boring combat.

If Auto-Attack is to remain in the game, it should at least be turned off by default.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

According to you.

FrostII, Anpu, FBohler and 1 other person like this.
  13. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Some play styles actually use auto attack, I don't see a reason to take the option away.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.