Crafting Wishlist - Underutilized Ingredients

Discussion in 'Queued for Review/Processing' started by Elgarion, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Sorry to bump the thread @Elgarion , just really hoping we can at least get a butchering recipe for Coelacanths this next release even if the food recipes won't make it.

I have so many barrels full of unstackable coelacanths, being able to process them into stackable meat at least would be a huge win.

Couple recipe suggestions though, considering coelacanth's oily texture:

• (Ardoris Inspired) Coelacanth Kusaya and/or (Norgard Inspired) Coeacanth Surströmming
      • Coelacanth meat (20)
      • Bucket of Water (10)
      • Sack of Salt (4)
      • Fermenting Barrel
      • Fermentation period of 3 in game days (Kusaya) or 6 in game months (Surströmming)
        • Fermenting Barrel
          • Wooden Barrel
          • Wax (5)
          • Cooking Symbol

• (Xenos Inspired) Coelacanth Garum [fish sauce - ingredient]
      • Coelacanth meat (5)
      • Bucket of Water (10)
      • Sack of Salt (4)
      • Garlic (4)
      • Onion (4)
      • Fermenting Barrel
      • Fermentation period of 1 in game month
        • Fermenting Barrel
          • Wooden Barrel
          • Wax (5)
          • Cooking Symbol

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Lained likes this.
  2. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Elgarion Black Desert Online has a system called workers, you send out workers to different nodes in the world and the perform the task only when the player is online. We have conversationalist, can we do the same with them. It will give everyone a reason to use and have a conversationalist.

Obviously your teem needs to put some rules behind it but if you could look into this it could be very new type of game play in Shroud.

Oh one more thing just a little thing, I use OCX Tools to track the loot I pick up, since you renamed the gem the tool hasn't been able to pick up Citrine. Today I figured out why. A small typo, you have an extra space in the wording. "Citrine (Unrefined Gemstone)". So removing one of the spaces before the bracket will align them with the others.

3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Cool, I'll keep this in mind for sure, thanks Arkah. First thing is for me to make all artifacts break down to a crafting component, which I'll be attempting next release with other salvage work. This month my big projects is giving food/drink buffs some lovin', which goes well with 2 big things Bzus did this month, to be revealed on Release Day ;)

Ah, please do bump the thread. I look at this every time I make a new recipe for ingredient ideas. And the Coelacanth is the only fish without a recipe? I think might notes might have had another one missing, but I'll check before I dive into it. Those look pretty good :)

Ah ya, I've played other games where you could send companions out to do crafting/gathering and even missions. Definitely some new tech, but could give folks some extra use for companions at some point for sure. And the typo is fixed. It might get patched in before R87, but if not it'll make it in on release day. Thanks for the heads up :)

Wilfred, Sorgin Txakal and Anpu like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

none of the four new ones added recently: coelacanth, ichthyosaurus, plesiosaurus, trilobite.

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Ya, just the Coelacanth is the only one that is a (un)common catch that doesn't stack. Trilobites stack and they are as common as Anomalocaris, so I have something approaching 2k Trilobites in a single stack in my cooking barrel. If anyone has multiple barrels full of Ichthyosaurs or Plesiosaurs I'd be shocked.

I'd love to seek cooking recipes for all of them, but am okay with not rushing it if it was waiting on the exceptional cooking recipes to be implemented, so for me it is more just a need to condense storage containers. I lost my dungeon building chest somewhere over the past week and have been going through ally my chests and barrels trying to find it :confused: - just realized how many barrels of coelacanths I had been accumulating.

Considering coelacanths have been "fermenting" in barrels for the past six months, a fermented stinky fish cooking recipe seems appropriate though :D

Lained likes this.
  6. Elgarion

Okay, I'll try to get in ASAP. Thanks Alley :)

Wilfred and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  7. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

trilobite and coelacanth do we have recipe for these. Where do I get them from?

8. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

None as of yet, that's what we have been discussing in the posts above.

I do have an old recommendation for Trilobite cooking recipe though

Trilobite Jambalaya:
    • 1 Pork Meat
    • 1 Chicken Meat
    • 2 Trilobite Meat
    • Jar Vegetable Stock
    • 2 Tomatoes
    • 3 Peppers
    • 1 Garlic

9. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Sorry, forgot to add this here before:

Grape Juice and Apple juice are a placable deco, but currently cannot be crafted or are used as an ingredient in anything.

[​IMG]

Wilfred likes this.
  10. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

To that, there are also empty ceramic jugs that cannot be crafted as well. Empty Ceramic Jugs could be container components to Grape and Apple juice. Would be a good use for clay blocks in crafting ceramic jugs.

Wilfred likes this.
  11. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I'd like to add Trophy Pumpkins as an underutilized ingredient. They can only be used for trophy pumpkins per my awareness. They cannot be used for existing pumpkin recipes.

12. Elgarion

Nice one -- I'll definitely keep this in mind, I'm not set on any names. Nice ingredients too :)

I'll try to give these uses soon, in my notes.

Hopefully we can get a use for these soon :) I actually have a long list of mundane loot items and world stealables that'll need more purpose that is much larger than this list. I'll be looking through it every time a recipe is added :)

Already on the list. I'm sure we can give them some lovin as well. No ETA just yet, but yes, they definitely need more purpose.

Jefe, Wilfred, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  13. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Some uses for corn

Cracklin Cornbread:
    2 Bacon
    1 Suet
    3 Sack of Cornmeal
    1 Sack of Flour
    1 Salt
    1 Sugar
    1 Egg
    1 Milk

I think suet needs more food use. But, fat would work as well. With all these ingredients, I think this should be a good strength bonus and focus regeneration balance type food.

Grits:
    1 Sack of Cornmeal
    1 Salt
    1 Butter

Could also add a cheesy variant with milk and cheese

Sorgin Txakal, Anpu and Elgarion like this.
  14. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

With the new salvage system coming online, I wanted to bring up that there is currently very limited uses for unicorn horns. And as they are tied to virtue, the value of dark unicorn horns is very low. I don't suggest changing the virtue relationship, though perhaps expanding on what can be done with the horns so they can also create consumed items will help add value to them; possibly adding a pvp function where dark unicorn components can be used to hurt high virtue pvp players and vice versa.

Here are a few additional things I think could be done with the unicorn horns:

• Crafted Wands (I was pretty surprised to find out this isn't already a thing)
      • Play off virtue and/or sun & moon attunement and/or life & death resistance, etc.
      • Enchantment Bonus: (5%) chance to randomly cast either the light or dark unicorn's light cone attack (depending on wand)

• Shards of Unicorn Horn (Butchery/Blacksmithing Crafted Item)
      • Used to make Bundles of Unicorn Shard Arrows at Carpentry Station (like 144 per horn, consumable rare high-powered arrows)
      • Used to make thrown high powered explosive potion/grenade (like 20) - large powerful thrown AOE, perhaps useful in PVP when used against players with opposed virtue stat from the grenade thrown?

• Used in alchemy table to make Light/Dark Ground Unicorn Horn (alchemy & cooking ingredient)!
        • Cooking: Used to make Unicorn Marshmallows (ground light unicorn horn, sugar, salt, vanilla)
        • Cooking: Used to make Gummy Unicorns (ground dark unicorn horn, various fruits or fruit juice ingredient, sugar)
        • Alchemy: Light/Dark Unicorn Poison (Potent PVP poison based on virtue score of player used on)

Wilfred likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No Unicorn Bread? Unicorndogs? Unicorn on the Cob? Unicorned beef?

Sorgin Txakal and Anpu like this.
  16. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Well, there are already 3 unicorn foods in game, 2 stews, and unicorn medley. The unicorn meat is scarce enough as it is, so before coming up with more foods around it, maybe lets wait and see how the feed the village bonus (if any) is applied to unicorn meat. So, trying to come up with ideas around their horns which are more readily available, and the dark unicorn horn historically has never been worth more than base artifact price ~5k, so I think it would be ideal if there could be ways a person of high virtue can use its properties to their advantage in a PVP consumable way and/or there was just more uses for it in general which may drive some demand for them.

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Creamed unicorn? Unicorn chowder? Unicorn meal? Unicandy Corn? Unicornetto? Unicorn corn corn corn baked beans sausage and unicorn?

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Unicorn and spam? Spam, eggs and unicorn?

Anpu likes this.
  19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

You misspelled "unicorn."

20. Elgarion

I've just reread this entire thread before I start diving into cooking stuff again for the next release. Thanks so much for the input! I was hoping to have time to comment on everyone's thoughts, but please be assured all thoughts were considered. I've got great ideas now for recipe names and ingredients for these. Thank you all for your comments. I even found more things to put on my to-d0 list related to the food work, but not sure if I'll have time for R88. I also reviewed this thread again and am posting a similar response: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...oming-food-drink-buff-changes-for-r87.167364/

Thanks guys and gals!

Wilfred, Anpu, Lained and 2 others like this.