1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

pattern crafting recipe

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Feb 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

With the pattern system becoming more flexible, I found myself wanting a pattern of a crafted item (the dragon headdress) that I could then apply to my equipment. Thinking this through I thought about a new way to pattern.

The concept is based around a new recipe for all skills that need it called something like Recipe: Item Pattern.

The recipe ingredients would be a piece of equipment (any equipment including crafted items) and a blank piece of paper. Crafting would destroy the ingredients and create a pattern of the item.

We could then eliminate salvaging patterns and keep salvaging to scraps and components, solving the problem of a million crap patterns salvaged.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Gravidy, FBohler and Lained like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. While I do really hate the pattern spam, especially on things like elven bows where I'm going after components, I think I'd still like there to be some chance involved.

But, for crafted items like a dragon headdress, I think it makes sense to be able to craft a pattern.

FBohler likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I always thought they should make the tag value of patterns 1 gold and have them in addition to the other things rather than instead of.

Tirrag and FBohler like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That would be ideal, of course. For all things: scrap, patterns, components. Elgarion said he was going to look into that when (if) other crafting changes happen.

5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Seems all the barbarian clan headdresses don't have patterns for some reason, yet the other pieces do. I'll put on my to-do list.

Some salvage improvements are coming with R87 and R88 that should give more purpose to overstock.

Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the headdresses don't have patterns because they're recipe drops. all the other barbarian pieces are direct loot salvaged for patterns

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ah gotcha, makes sense. Thanks Alley :)

Wilfred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.