I need advice: get gold

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilith Ayin, Feb 20, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Good morning, SotA friends.
    I need your advice on how to get gold.
    My dream is to have a lot of city size.
    The deed of the lot costs 27,900 COTOS, more or less 6,700,000 gold at the exchange, and I am missing more than 4 million.

I have found that the fastest way to get gold is to cut and sell wood. I have also tried gold or silver ore, but I get more money with wood. However, it is still a slow method.
    The most I have achieved in a day cutting and selling the wood has been 80/90,000 gold. And I've been chopping, chopping, and just chopping wood for several weeks to get gold. I am making every woodpecker on the planet homeless. And I'm going crazy running from tree to tree almost all playtime.
    I also plant and sell cotton, but I have little space to plant and I only get about 5,000 gold every other day.
    Can you recommend any other method to get gold, please?

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

1) Don't burn out. Don't forget to take break (even in game) from grinding this stuff.
    2) Sell the bark. Not as rare as beetles. But, still valuable to crafters. Especially dye makers.
    3) Hit every cotton bush along the way. They have a change to drop Beetle Carapace. They sell for around 1500.
    4) Hit every ore node. Gold and Silver may be the most valuable ores. But, copper/iron are need for weapon/armor as well.
    5) Iron/Copper ore also has rarer ores (Tin, Tungsten, Nickel) that are needed to make allow advanced metals.
    6) Scarp all the junk gear. Crafters need scrap.
    7) Those random encounters on the overworld are good source of materials and great way to change things up between areas.

In general, the higher tier the scene, the higher the chance those rare materials will drop. In theory, you could make more gold per hour in a iron mine than a gold mine.

necronut, Wilfred, StarLord and 2 others like this.
  3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Hard to say, since we don't know your level/gear/build,
    In general, try Verdantis Shardfalls it is the best location to chop wood with accelerated tree respawn and the high chance of rare components drop. (don't forget to forage cotton there, since the beetles are expensive)
    P.S. It's PVP zone so be careful, but I think that your chance to be killed by a player there is very low. Usually, in Sota high-level guys don't kill low-level ones in low-tier zone.

Wilfred, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  4. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thanks to both of you, I will follow your advice. Especially "dont burn out", so much cutting trees I had forgotten to have fun.
    A few days ago, I was killed by a player "in red" in a pvp zone while picking cotton. He asked me for 400 ransom gold for my sickle (a normal sickle). Of course i didn't pay :p

Wilfred likes this.
  5. dayero

dayero Avatar

What you are doing sounds like you are not enjoying it. So my advice:
    a) Do something you actually enjoy in the game even if it gets you less gold. And do not convert whatever non-gold stuff you are getting to gold right away, so you don't see your "progress bar" all the time.
    b) only try to get to around 75-80% of your gold / coto goal and try to get the deed on the player market or on sale.
    c) Consider cleaning out your inventory and taking a break. Find the stuff in your chests you will never ever use and put it on a vendor, priced to sell. Check back a week later, whatever you got might shave of a few days of your work camp sentence ;-)
    d) Remember that all the grinding you do only amounts to very low amounts of real world value. Unless you really (really really really) enjoy earning your deed ingame or have no way to earn more money irl, consider just earning real world money instead and buy the crowns. Your 90.000 gold best day is what? $4?

Spinok likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

Do you need more land to plant? I have some space that you can use. :)

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Lamech's Bazaar in Mistrendur beats Verdantis for wood, easily. You can avoid all the mobs and purely gather. Mostly pine, and some maple. But lots of cotton and ore (copper/iron) nodes as well. The nodes are the same at all difficulty levels, so no sense in doing the harder versions. Even if t7 is too tough, since you can pretty easily avoid fighting (there's a few nodes you'll have to pass on because the boars or pirates get too close, but there's still plenty of others) it shouldn't be a problem. The area is big enough that once you complete a route, the nodes will have begun respawning. Between wood and beetles, you can do pretty well there.

Elwyn, Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Wilfred, Anpu, Spinok and 1 other person like this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Some tips I can share to help alleviate the boredom (somewhat) and spend more effective use of your time:

1) Go to different areas that have the resources you are looking for. Like for wood (actually chopping trees, because that gives crafting xp). Set a timer, and then run from tree/cotton node and then only stop to kill anything preventing you from harvesting that resource. Do not stop to skin anything (that is a complete waste of time and takes too long, even at GM skinning). And then continue on to the next tree/cotton. Repeat. After an hour then stop. See how much wood you have gathered and take note. Now head off to another area and repeat this process. Find the area that for your level of skills, provides the most output of wood (beetles are just a bonus).

a) You might also consider an area that does have a lot of trees but also has Reapers. Reapers also drop wood. Chopping trees and killing Mr. Reaper (if you can) might also provide you more wood.

2) Alternate between gathering wood/beetles, ore, gold. For example: Head off to the area that provides you the most wood. Spend some time there. Then head off to Elysian Mines, and gather silver. Then head off to Etcter Craig mines and gather gold (or Graff Gem mines). Then head off to Twins foothills and go play with the Rogues, Swashbucklers and Thugs there. Gather all the weapons and armor they drop.

3) Throw everything into a chest called Sort Later. COMPLETELY ignore everything in that chest (this is the important part). After a couple of weeks, or a month (whatever works for you), then sort all the stuff however you sort stuff.

4) Make sure to sell all the armor and weapons to the 2 Tag Match NPC vendors (Currently Zangroff in Ardoris and Theo in Owl's head will give you the best price on armor and weapons).

5) Take some time off from harvesting and incorporate some of the Daily Quests that offer a reward that seems reasonable to you, in your routine. Many of the areas for these do have some resources you can continue to gather.

Wilfred likes this.
  10. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

If you are a lower level character Hallowed Plains is excellent for wood. The elves there are not problem with a 70 Adventuring level or higher. Also, 90,000 gold per day is about 3-4 hours of mining in Elysium with current silver prices. So i'm estimating that 3-4 hours per day is roughly your game time amount. Slow and steady wins the race...mix it up so it doesnt seem so monotonous. Also, consider Resolute sewers...for low level characters it is an endless supply of spiders for spidersilk that you can sell for 5gp all day to players, venom sacks that go for 15gp each at the potion seller in Desolis and spider eyes and spider legs for food making. Plus the crafting xp is as fast as u can skin them....the spawn rate is incredible and they only have 200-250 hps each...One Ring of Fire even at low level can wipe them. If you have any aspirations of being a potion crafter or enchanter, the venom sacks make a poison potion that sells for gold very well after creation. No money is lost on the 15gp per sack. It really is a free conversion for excellent crafting xp at the alchemy table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.