We need skinning monster drop in roll systems!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dyonisys, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Hello fellow avatar's!

So just a quick post! This morning we had a blast grouping up at well of aldur! We were on the wyverns platform killing it with all waves and it was awesome but...

If you saw the scene and been there, you need skin while fighting to be sure you dont miss loots. If not go watch my morning stream at www.twitch.tv/bjorndyonisys and you will be able to see !

I really think skinning drops should be roll amoung groups so everyone got some loots and as equal chance of getting drops!

I am not a develloper so dont know if it would be a lot of works tho but would be nice to get this live!

Whats your thoughts!?

Bjorn Dyonisys

gtesser, Saesa, Xee and 5 others like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

I agree, we have the same system for containers such as treasure chests. You keep worthless items with value 0 (e.g. quest items) and you share the rest of the items with nearby players in the same party. Would make sense to use it for most gathering as well, not just skinning.

However, I remember few releases ago, it was used on fishing and that was not great, I like to keep the trophy fish to myself. I guess it makes no sense to use to for agriculture either. And should there be trophy heads with data, they could be possible exception as well.
    The artifacts, consumables and crafting ingredients should be shared among party members imho, there are few scenes where someone has to fight all the time, and it would be nice if the loot from all the skinning (and mining and chopping and cutting or whatever you do with the sickle) was shared among the party members automatically.

PS: For some quest items, like dragon tooth it would be awesome if everyone with the quest could get the item, but that might be hard to implement so that can way.

3. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

I have said this before when Well Of Aldur came out. Skinning and wave battles is a very bad idea, it causes friction in the group dynamic. For wave battle only either make it lootable like a normal mob or share the loot.

Also the platform the skinning is done on is not even, making it difficult to skin, making avatars stuck and spells not working correctly, Body Slam or any charging skill get stuck. Character also get stuck because of the uneven platform.

This was not tested at all by the developers, I don't believe they even attempt to do the wave battle themselves to see if it work or even fun for the group.

4. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Would also be interesting to have the butcher actually butching for the group

Net likes this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I think boss type mobs should always roll, the wave battle does not have much time after to loot everything unless your with a group then its a mad race to do. or during fights you end up with some skinning well others fighting but loot is not passed out via rolls.

Net likes this.
  6. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

The waves are awesome with wyvern and i love it. We just need a loot system fair to everyone in group :) otherwise if you have a good tank he can make the wyvern face on other side of main group mage and archers this way you wont get stunt by the attacks!

This place you need a tank who knows how to play ;)

Net likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Our programmers have an item on their to-do list to investigate changes to skinning to be a bit more like collecting loot from dead bodies. In the meantime, I have a task on me to make adjustments to the wyvern platform in Well of Aldur to improve how groups of players can collect loot more comfortably, with issue #68729

gtesser, Elgarion, Saesa and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.