We have lost two great warriors and beloved friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tailz, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

It is with deep sadness that I write this to inform the shroud community that we have lost two amazing members recently.

Ozzy Questor is no longer with us, he passed on February 9th 2021. I know that many of you know him and have had direct dealings with him in game and on discord over the years.

Ozzy was a great friend to many, an honorable person with integrity and a huge heart. He has helped hundreds upon hundreds of new and existing players in shroud with everything from cotos and gold to gear and weapons. He was one of the best crafters of all time and I would not doubt that some who play today are still using his crafted goods.

Ozzy was known for his calm and funny attitude regarding almost everything in life, he was a Knights Watch member and later an Element Zero member in shroud. I remember first meeting Ozzy in Kingsport… he was slaying chickens… and I send him a message to let him know that slaying chickens may affect his virtue. He first laughed and then asked if I was serious, the rest is history.

He was a personal and dear friend to my friends, guild members and to me and he will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Ozzy Questor

It is also with deep sadness to inform everyone in the shroud community that Boris Mondragon has passed on September 26th 2020.

Boris was known by many in this community for his pirate stories that lead to the epic PvP battles between the forces of good and evil. He was a pillar in the RP community and dear friend to many and all. Boris loved playing shroud and helping new players in many ways, he also loved selling his loot at very competitive prices so that he could advance his character in PvE.

Boris shared his music and stories with everyone to enjoy, he was very active in the community and was a member of House Serenite of Grunvald. We met at a social party one evening and exchanged friend requests, it was then he told me about his plans for all of the pirate stories and expansion of PvP that he wished to help create and be a part of in shroud.

Boris will be sorely missed by my friends, guild members and myself, he was an absolute gentleman pirate.

R.I.P. Boris Mondragon

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I am truly heartbroken over both losses. Both of these men were great entities in my life and i have great fond memories of both of them. RIP Ozzy and Boris.

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I am very sad to hear of their passing.
    My deepest sympathy and condolences to all of their family and friends.
    They will both be missed.
    R.I.P. Boris
    R.I.P. Ozzy

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  4. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Have lots of gear by Ozzy :(

R.I.P. Boris
    R.I.P. Ozzy

5. Osunn

Osunn Avatar

Still using my Ozzy gear - what makes a game is the people and Ozzy made the game better. He will be missed.

6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Very bad news. Both guys were great.
    RIP Boris and Ozzy

7. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

sad news, a huge loss !

8. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

So sad to hear this, Boris was always very kind and friendly, and I used to love his song choices on the song of the day thread. They will both be missed.

9. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

So sad to hear that we lost two great guys - Ozzy & Boris. Life goes on, but each loss means life is that much harder to deal with. I will miss them both. RIP Ozzy and Boris.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm sorry to hear this news. I've heard of both players and read many enthusiastic posts also. I always wanted a nice pirate bundle for Boris and was sad the game did away with neat reasonably priced bundles. I never agreed with the choice to eliminate a cool bundle system for those who could and would spend. This is a free to play game after all and will always need funding to continue to improve and grow. Don't listen to those who say otherwise it was this games downfall.

Anyway I'm so sorry Boris you didnt get all your cool piratey things and bundles added in to enjoy before your time expired. Please rest in peace Boris and Ozzy. Best wishes and sympathy to the families.

11. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

All thoughts to family and friend RIP

12. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I didn't get a chance to get to know Boris, I wish I would have, I always enjoyed his posts in Discord.

Ozzy was a great guy, very kind and generous.

I wish their family and friends well, I can imagine the void left by their absence is a very painful one.

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Such big losses to our community, it saddens me very much to see such great figures go. My thoughts go to their families as well as their friends.

14. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

**sob** Ozzy was the best...decorator, blacksmith, tamer, friend. I can still hear his voice trying to tell me the right way to do something. A very tragic loss.

I didn’t know Boris, but admired his spirit.

thanks for posting Tailz!

15. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Most time I am watching the list of people entering and leaving the game, while I am online.

I was wondering, why Boris Mondragon wasn't on for a while - he was last seen on 25th. of Sept. 2020.
    I got the sad news a few days ago - and got aware, that he passed away in that night.
    What was his last adventure? I assume he was visiting The Rise ...

Well, all of us can follow to The Rise or another adventure, leading to a path, our missing friends went before ...
    Where and when our last adventure will lead us - that's only for our own. Nobody will know - yet.
    But somedays we will follow - and let's hope, we did something that made us happy, while dreaming away, thinking about all those adventures of our whole (also virtual) life ...

Fare well, my brother Boris, I wish a good journey for a very special Captain ...
    You will be missed - but your humor and your kindness will be saved in our hearts ...
    Also your books you gave me as a gift :.)

Unfortunately I didn't know Ozzy Questor - and I can't remember if I met or spoke to him.
    Because of this, I really like it to read/hear some stories about those people I never met. Like Tailz told above.
    I am thinking about Halte Khasa, also a nice person I unfortunately never met in game.
    Wonderful memories have been shared here about him. And I was really touched.
    It provides a small piece of those peoples life - and we can take part, even we can't talk to them anymore in real life.

So I like to say: fare well on this special path to a new life ...
    I am sending good thoughts to all family members of both players.

And again I think it would be nice to have a place, where people could find some written short stories or special items, representing those people who walked the paths we may follow in this realm ...

@Elgarion,
    another time I am asking for a kind of Avatar memorial place in game, where friends may rent or buy a tombstone for a good friend, with a possibility to leave some letters and special items.
    A place to visit old friends and remember them ... or to hear and read tales about Avatars who lived here - a long time ago ...
    For sure, you can place memories somewhere, but that's not the same ...

It could be a kind of place to pilger and meet others, may be also to celebrate events ...

A great Monastery / Church /Chapel and a nice designed area around would be fine.

There are so many unknown buried people all over Novia, with short stories on their tomb stones.
    Why not having a place to remember and to honor friends who shared the love for this game and community? :)

16. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I will be putting a player memorial section in the Brittany Graveyard scene. This area will be a wrought iron fenced area reserved for plots for each player who has passed in the real world. This has been on the list of things to do ever since I started working on the game in earnest over a year ago. I will bring this up the list in priority so that we might have this available by R90 latest.

I have to shift existing stones around to clear an area, but had already plotted the location and what stones I would need to move (and where to) last year.

17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I didn't know Ozzy unfortunately, so i cant comment on him, but comments from others shows he made a difference here. But i did know Boris rather well and it is a big shock to me hearing this sad news. Boris loved this game immensely and his spirit touched all from in game and here on the forums, where he even encouraged/cajoled me to add to some of his earlier story chains he did. He worked tirelessly to afford his achievements in the world and did get his pirate ship @majoria70 , he was so proud when he showed me around it. And also very proud when he eventually tamed the Rise solo after a few failed initial forays there with myself which didn't end to well.

Excellent news that the game will be dedicating a portion of the graveyard to fallen players, we have a place to remember them there and I'm sure it will be a slight consolation to them to know that their name will live on as part of the world they loved.

RIP Boris & Ozzy

18. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Very sad news. I clearly remember Ozzy positive behaviour and good manners in discord and Boris efforts to make Novia a wonderful and exciting place for all us.
    Rest in peace friends

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 6 others like this.
  19. InLight1

InLight1 Avatar

Ozzy leaves a very big hole in this world and I am very sad to hear this news. Between him and Strom, SOTA will never be the same! :(

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 6 others like this.
  20. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

My deepest sympathy and condolences to all of their family and friends.

This famed poem by José de Espronceda was written for people like you Boris, descansa en paz hermano.

Canción del pirata

Con diez cañones por banda,
    viento en popa a toda vela,
    no corta el mar, sino vuela
    un velero bergantín;

bajel pirata que llaman,
    por su bravura, el Temido,
    en todo mar conocido
    del uno al otro confín.

La luna en el mar riela,
    en la lona gime el viento
    y alza en blando movimiento