1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68727] Can't get Wildflower Quest in Tanglemire

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jan 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I know this post is marked resolved but I feel the conversation really needs to be changed. I had done 2 of the 3 required quests before I guess and when I asked how I could help he told me he wanted a wildflower on his daughters grave. But I didn't get the quest. There needs to be a better pointer that I need to earn trust instead of telling me what the quest is but not letting me do it. Overall I have found this area very frustrating.

Anpu likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, It appears you need to do at least three other Tanglemire quests. Not actually sure of the number, since there seems to be some confusion, with people reporting different things. You can repeat them to get to the "magic number," though. I did the nibbled bone quest once, the spirit wheel quest once, and the bag of runestones quest once, and that unlocked the wildflower quest. Others have reported doing nibbled bone twice and spirit wheel twice.

Regardless, the fact that either of the parents will say they wish someone would put a wildflower on her grave without giving you that actual quest is poor implementation. You have all the information you need, and can go get the wildflower, but there's no indication you need to do anything else. At the very least, they should mention that their daughter used to enjoy collecting wildflowers in Spindelskog, but they shouldn't mention putting them on her grave at all until you've done whatever is needed to unlock the quest. Otherwise, it just feels like something is bugged.

Additionally, maybe some dialog somewhere else that indicates people will ask for help only once you've gained their trust. or some way of saying, "hey, do stuff and we'll ask you to do more stuff." Admittedly, I may have missed such dialog, if it exists. But it would help to let players know what the deal is.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This would probably be better discussed in the feedback forum for the current state of the Tanglemire quests.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Give a guy a medal, and suddenly he thinks he's in charge... ;)

Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

You need to do any 3 Tanglemire quests in order for the wildflower quest to be unlocked. (If doing a repeatable quest, only the first time should count.) I'll look into updating the related NPC responses to give better feedback. Issue #68727

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Is there an actual "Tanglemire Reputation" score which avatars earn that triggers the wildflower quest (similar to a truth/love/courage score) or does that quest just count how many times you've done the other quests?

Also, people (Anpu, for one) have reported doing the dailies multiple times to unlock the wildflower quest. Is that unintended, if only the first time is supposed to count?

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Each player that does a Tanglemire non-repeatable quest gets their "Tanglemire renown" score incremented by a small amount either when they finish it (preferred by me) or sometimes earlier in the chain (sometimes I have to give the points earlier than at the end). When your score is high enough, you can pick up the wildflower quest. You can say "renown" to the town crier (or some other NPCs) to get a general sense of your local renown level.

You shouldn't get renown multiple times from a single quest. I'll look into this, but if it is happening then it's a small issue I'm not that worried about and the timeframe for a fix isn't critical.

Anpu and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This has been seen fixed in build 1384. Thank you!

[12:27 PM] Villager: Hallo, stranger.
    [12:27 PM] Ra: name
    [12:27 PM] Frida: My name is Frida.
    [12:27 PM] Ra: My name is Ra
    [12:27 PM] Frida: Well met, Ra.
    [12:27 PM] Ra: job
    [12:27 PM] Frida: I do carpentry work with my husband, Myndill. His hands aren't very good these days, so I do the fine work while he handles the simpler aspects. When needed, we'll also coffins.

[12:27 PM] Ra: help
    [12:27 PM] Frida: Our people don't know you well enough yet. After you've helped some others, I may have a task for you.

[12:28 PM] Ra: Goodbye
    [12:28 PM] Frida: Bless, stranger.

[12:28 PM] Villager: Hallo, stranger.
    [12:28 PM] Ra: name
    [12:28 PM] Myndill: I'm Myndill.
    [12:28 PM] Ra: My name is Ra
    [12:28 PM] Myndill: Well met, Ra.
    [12:28 PM] Ra: job
    [12:28 PM] Myndill: I prepare wood and help my wife, Frida, with her carpentry work here in Tangulmyr. I do the simple things while she does the fine work. When it's called for, which is all-too-often lately, we make coffins.

[12:28 PM] Ra: help
    [12:28 PM] Myndill: Our people don't know you well enough yet. After you've helped some others, I may have a task for you.

[12:28 PM] Ra: Goodbye
    [12:28 PM] Myndill: Bless, stranger.

I completed only the Nibbled Bone and then the Spirit Wheel quest (2 of the 3 required quests). I then spoke to both Frida and Mindill. Both now have a response saying they may have a quest for the player if they continue to help others in town.

05/16/2021 12:28
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1384.Date.05.10.21
    Area: Mistrendur_R1_Tanglemire
    Area Display Name: Tanglemire
    Loc: (62.5, 117.7, 115.6)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SMV9UYW5nbGVtaXJlfHwoNjIuNTE2LCAxMTcuNzM3LCAxMTUuNTk4KXwoMCwgMC4zMDcsIDAsIC0wLjk1Mil8LTM2LjIyMzQ1fDE3LjkxNjZ8My40MzM0NDE=

Sannio and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.