We have lost two great warriors and beloved friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tailz, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

So sorry to hear this news. I wish their friends, family and love ones the best during these times. If someone needs a hand with things (renaming of memorial items is asked for sometimes), please send them to my character Elgarion in-game with renaming instructions, and I'll send them back.

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 10 others like this.
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

What'd be nice is if some memorials were slipped into the game, such as statues into Brit Graveyard, on an ongoing basis. I know Eve Online has memorial sites, and even a MUD I occasional play, renames appropriate guild masters after their characters.

The game is getting old enough to have a history.

Asclepius, Sonja, Rinaldi and 5 others like this.
  3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

My sincerest condolences to both their real life and in game families. We'll definitely take care of any memorial requests for long time players. I knew both of these names fairly well as did most on the dev team and makes me very sad t hear this news. I keep expecting the world to turn the corner and stop delivering us sad news and disasters every day but seems haven't quite got there yet. :(

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 12 others like this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Sad again learning from twitter that we have also lost Nymphadora Nightshade/Demeron. Another soul lost. I remember bumping into Nymph from time to time throughout my travels in Novia. Always was a pleasure to chat

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 7 others like this.
  5. Elgarion

I'll add to my to-do list. I think there's quite a few memorial type deco you guys don't have available. If you spot any you'd like, just mention me in your forum post with a screenshot or location, and I'll take note of it. I should be able to get them in for R88. Ravalox said earlier he'll work getting some memorial work done in Brittany Graveyard to help in this matter as well.

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 8 others like this.
  6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

SInce we can craft those Standing Knight statues or whatever they are called. Would be nice if one could be made with a plaque at the base so it can be engraved. I love these small statues very much since my town is named Knight's Watch. So having one of those so i can engrave names would be nice. Still trying to think of something i want to do for sure. Another would be maybe a 2 or 3 story tree that can have a plaque on them as well that can be engraved

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 5 others like this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Boris was one of the best. He will be missed sailing the seas. Dragonspeed to your next adventure. <hats off>

Ozzie I only knew from his outstanding crafters reputation. Our condolences to his family and friends.

Asclepius, Sonja, Engel and 6 others like this.
  9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Hate to hear this. It's never easy when it hits close to home. My condolences to their friends and family. May the care and love of those around you provide comfort and peace to get you through these dark times.

-P.W.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Asclepius, Sonja, Rinaldi and 6 others like this.
  10. Dysis

Dysis Avatar

I appreciate knowing Tailz. This is absolutely devastating news, and I weep while I type this. RIP my friends. For now you are missed, but we will see you soon<3

Sonja, Engel, Paladin Michael and 2 others like this.
  11. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I am truly saddened to have had it confirmed that Boris Mondragon passed away. Although I didn't know Ozzy, I wish his guildmates, SotA friends and family, and his RL family well as they grieve his loss.

I haven't played Shroud in a while, but I periodically pop in and also check my guild's Discord. I noticed that someone asked in mid-February if they had heard from Boris, only to scroll down and see someone post that he passed away. I posted my surprise and then deleted it because it just seemed "weird" to be asking that in Discord - and since people are not on all the time, I just didn't want to have some meaningless "are you serious?" message lingering there.

I met Boris and @Duke William of Serenite in August 2018 in Miami, FL. They had agreed to meet me one evening for a drink. I had been in Miami with my father who was undergoing surgery for cancer, and it was nice to get away for a few hours to change my mindset at the time. It was cool hanging out with them, discussing SotA, and particularly discussing RP (to which I am relatively new) with Boris. He loved that pirate life! Genuinely a really nice guy who was super passionate about SotA and the RP life he created for himself within the game. And he had plans! Many of them came to fruition as is already known. I regret not being able to partake in some of the PvP RP that went on, if only just to lament about "raid" groups not being available and all the friendly fire that went on for that one big event. :)

My father passed away on September 17, 2020, just nine days before Boris. I recall being in Florida for the funeral and thinking about Boris and William. Godspeed, El Pirata! I wish his family well and send my deepest condolences to them.

Vrunk Hrrk, Elrond, Xandra7 and 10 others like this.
  12. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

The SOTA family grieves for the lost of two of our own. I am honored to have played with these two amazing, special and irreplaceable members of the Shroud family. We need to build some kind of memorial in game to remember the fallen.

Maybe we can have a special place in Brittany Graveyard - a wall where we can list the name of our fallen, and avatar can leave flowers to show respect for our lost family members. @Elgarion is this possible? A wall or monument for the SOTA family members we have lost? Maybe leave the name of their avatar and a nice description of them? And let us leave flowers?

Elgarion, Elrond, Asclepius and 5 others like this.
  13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

My sincerest condolences, rest in peace fallen friends.

Paulie Walnuts, Sonja, Tailz and 2 others like this.
  14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

15. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

My condolences to the family and friends of our lost fellow players. They will be sorely missed.

16. Engel

Engel Avatar

My condolences to their families and especially for you Tailz I know he was one of your great friends

I have good memories of several fishing contests with Ozzy

I did not know Boris but I know his good reputation

Forever in our hearts

17. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

:(

We were blessed. May angels bear their souls.

18. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

[​IMG]

Thank You Pirate for being the Kind person you were .... you will be remembered ..you will be missed .

Paladin Michael and Anpu like this.
  19. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Realmente una noticia muy triste. Nos dejan grandes personas. Descansen en paz.

Paladin Michael and Tailz like this.
  20. Elgarion

Ravalox is working on monuments in the graveyard, I believe :) Definitely good input -- thanks Robert :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.