1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Envy Bow Artifact Not Combinable

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

The Envy Bow has no rarity (common/uncommon/rare/etc.) and can't be combined.

[​IMG]

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So... if this thread is gonna be moved form Bug Reports to Wishlist Request, does that means it's not supposed to be combinable?

Anpu likes this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think it works as intended, but I like the idea of combining those to boost the damage and even get a Medium Strength Bonus at Epic ;)

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Maybe. I dug around, but couldn't find anyplace where they specifically said some artifacts wouldn't be getting the combo treatment. (Not that it didn't happen in a stream or something.)

Also, the Xen Penetrator is even more powerful, and is combineable. I suspect the fact that it is seasonal meant it just got missed. Maybe @Elgarion can weigh in.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Aren’t all artifacts combinable? Or perhaps this is labeled wrong as an artifact?

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not all artifacts are combinable.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm going to try to focus on cooking recipes review/cleanup for my big project this month, with perhaps time for artifact cleanup. If not, I'll do the same with artifacts next month. So hopefully by R88 they'll all be upgradeable and "enchantable/masterworkable" if applicable.

Wilfred, Anpu, Echondas and 2 others like this.
  8. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Elgarion Will you be fixing the cooking tree, it's the only tree the is not fleshed out. Also you are you going to be working on the lava fish that cannot be cooked?

The Other day I fished out a Large Dunkleosteus and I was very disappointed when I butchered it for the fact that it is so hard to catch, it would be nice to get more filet out of it plus the effect is not great at all.

Scorched Dunkleosteus
    4 Health Per Seconds for 4 hours
    3 Focus per Seconds for 4 hours
    1 Combat Health per Second for 4 hours
    0.8 Combat Focus per Second for 4 hours
    3 Strength for 4 hours
    8 Fire Attunement for 4 hours
    8 Fire Resistance for 4 hour

Scorched Mosasaurus
    4 Health Per Seconds for 4 hours
    3 Focus per Seconds for 4 hours
    1 Combat Health per Second for 4 hours
    0.8 Combat Focus per Second for 4 hours
    6 Strength for 4 hours
    2 Dexterity for 4 hours
    20 Fire Attunement for 4 hours

Grilled Ammonite
    2 Health Per Seconds for 1 hour
    2 Focus per Seconds for 4 hour
    0.5 Combat Health per Second for 1 hour
    0.5 Combat Focus per Second for 1 hour
    3 Intelligence for 1 hour
    10 Fire Attunement for 4 hours

Anomalocaris Surprise
    1 Health Per Seconds for 1 hour
    2 Focus per Seconds for 4 hour
    0.3 Combat Health per Second for 1 hour
    0.5 Combat Focus per Second for 1 hour
    3 Fire Attunement for 4 hours

For Fire Mages if you have the time and patience to catch fish you would mostly hope for Mossaurus but it's extremely rare to get this and it very time consuming. When I caught a Dunkleosteus I didn't like the buff and would of preferred to use Ammonite instead of it, its too weak and for a Fire Mage no benefit compared to an Ammonite.

Is this buff supposed to be correct and for me it seems it's a waste of my time to even catch it. Can something be done about it? What do I need with the Fire Resistance it's practically useless food for a Fire Mage when we have a resistance passive skill in our skill tree. Can the STR and Resistance be removed for a boost in Attunement or perhaps a INT stats.

Out time spent in the game should matter to the DEV team as fishing and adventuring does not complement each other well, as an adventure you have to commit to take time out, a whole day to commit to fishing just for a 4 hour buff and to spend that much of time to not be satisfied in the amount of time spend is very disappointing.

I now allocate a whole day just for Lava fishing and I am not seeing the reward I should get when other buff like Venison Surprise, Wolf Surprise and Dragon Stew are way easier and better buff than the majority of the Lava fish buff apart from one.

Can this be looked into please? Also the Health and Focus regen are not essential at all for food for End Game level players, maybe that can be looked into. I know I am only talking about a small sub-section of the game population but I want to feel that my time spent in the game is worthwhile and that the development team know that our time spent is valuable and worth noticing because its a resources as well.

These fishes are specific for a particular build, they should offer stats that complement those build, irrelevant stats are not good because of the time invested and difficulty of the catch. Please have a look at these and others when your making these new changes of yours.

Thanks.

Elgarion and Wilfred like this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Even if it only affects a small population, in this scenario, it should be the way the dev team looks at everything. If you spend dev hours working on something which won't be/feel rewarding, you are working for nothing. Fishing SHOULD be a somewhat competitive source of income/resources. I'm not saying "Make fishing as rewarding as soloing dragons", but at least make it so you can make a nice living as a fisherman. Black Desert Online has a system where EVERYTHING you do is rewarding. They have destructible gear, because you can replace that gear in a somewhat easy manner and because you can make money by doing every single activity, so you don't feel like you are wasting your time working on some new skill or something. This should be true for every skill/activity in the game...

Wilfred, Anpu and Past Blue Ribbon like this.
  10. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Violet Ronso a few weeks ago I spend all weekend just lava fishing and at the end of it I felt that I wasted my time, it's a lots of time sink for no reward at all. I know loads of people enjoy and love fishing but for some people it's a means to get food buff only. Some of use just want to have the right buff that fits the play style we do and the game should allow us to do so with the same reward as others get.

CrandalltheFoole and Pifester like this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And that is EXACTLY what I am saying, it should not just be means for food, it should be means for gold, means for possible mats, means for unique components/ressources. Fishing should make you feel like you are being rewarded, just like how every other activity should.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

One thing to keep in mind (if this actually happens) is that it probably isn't necessary to scale the hidden stats with rarity. The visible stats are the aggro increase, and the range decrease. Combining should affect those. (As well as the ability to get exceptional; TBH, that's the main reason I want to combine.) I don't think anyone would complain too much if the hidden stats stayed the same whether it was a Common or an Epic, though. And that might be more palatable to those who scream the Envy Bow is "already too strong."

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Elgarion likes this.
  13. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

What's the hidden stat to Envy Longbow?

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The only benefits that I know of are it's base damage is 8-24 (instead of 7-21) and it's strength bonus is low (vs very low for other bows). Those benefits are not hidden, they're listed right there in the tooltip.

Anpu likes this.
  15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Yeah, those aren't hidden by any means :D
    Now I'm curious about the hidden ones.

Crossbow of Accuracy gets extra charge to regular shots for example.

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Crit damage bonus.

17. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Oh is it?

Sounds OP when stacked with Tactics Spec and Savage Sonata!

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's not hidden either. It's plainly visible when you use it. Something like a critical damage bonus would not be though.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, though i can't prove it. I tried to search it down, thinking Chris had posted it, but it appears he stated it in a live stream.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

He probably meant that you get bonus base damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.