Well of Aldur secrets !?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dyonisys, Feb 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ah, I missed it. Sometimes the "spoiler" posts are hard to read because it's light gray text on a white background.

Net likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It wasn't actually that hard, with a couple tricks. (And plenty of speed. I had a six stack of Dash and a six stack of Berserker's Stance.)

I also used a potion of cat's grace, and a ring of frogkin.

The biggest trick is knowing where you'll end up when you leap off into the void. It appears as though you'll teleport to the platform you're nearest to when you teleport, so if you can jump far enough (hence the speed and frogkin ring) you'll appear on the platform you're jumping toward, rather than the one you jumped off of.

Before I started, I opened the first door, and activated all the movers. You don't need them all, but it's a little easier if you mess up, since you can ride them back to the start while you're dead, and avoid getting beat on by all the elementals.

Start at the wyvern platform. If you're on the little mover dock where the cluster device is, the wyverns can't get to you. Use your speed buffs and potions, then run over to the first plaque and break it. Run back to the dock, and take a good running leap off. If you get far enough, you should teleport to the other platform, with the giant shrine statue. Run behind it, smash the second plaque, then take a good running leap off the next dock, toward the platform with the lightning strikes fight.

This is the tricky one- the next platform (the one with a balloon) is too far to use the jump/teleport trick. (For me, anyway. You may be able to jump further, depending on skills and frog ring quality.) If you're lucky, the mover is right there and ready to ride. Be ready with the potions/healing, the mover will pause for a moment after it arrives, and you're a sitting duck. If the mover is too far away, take a good running leap off the platform. The mobs won't attack you whole you're falling. Be careful, though- on the side where the mover is, there's s ground area. If you can't jump far enough to clear it, you'll probably die when you hit the ground. If that happens, jump off again, teleport back to the top, and ride the mover over to the next platform, and use the ankh there, which is conveniently next to plaque number three.

Leap off the next dock to teleport up to the platform, and break plaque number four.

Leap off the next dock toward the main large area with the giant statue. When you teleport, you appear back up top at the bridge back to Thaddeus, by the crates. Start running across the bridge, and about halfway, leap off, angling toward the platform with Thaddeus. When you teleport, you should appear up on the Thaddeus platform, right near plaque number five. Run over to the nearby mover dock and leap off. This one is another tricky one, I was able to make the jump, but I had to really hit it right and jump at the last possible second. When you teleport to the platform, break plaque number six, then jump back off toward Thaddeus.

This is where the cat's grace potion starts to come in handy, aside from maybe saving you from death if you hit the ground jumping off the lighting platform. Head back toward the bridge, you should be able to leap off Thaddeus area by the tent and almost make it to the bridge, instead of taking the stairs. Run across the bridge, through the upper area, and leap off the ledge looking over the area where the huge statue is. Run out over to the aeronaut camp, and smash plaque number seven. Then turn around, and run back the large door, and break plaque number eight. The door should open.

Note: The sarcohpagi inside will open/close with the door, so loot them right away.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Net, Saesa, Wilfred and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Aw, man. I can't get the sarcophagi open. Maybe only if the door is open? I guess I took too long writing up that last post...

Net likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well. Certainly didn't think I'd be able to climb all the way up here.

[​IMG]

Not sure how I'm getting down...

Wilfred likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Nice view. Really would have been nice to find something stashed all e the way up here.

[​IMG]

Net, Anpu, Aldo and 2 others like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

Thank you, finally managed to get the effect, though I keep dying a lot and cannot keep it for long, it is rather hard one.
    [​IMG]

Elnoth, Barugon and Saesa like this.
  7. Boobles

Boobles Avatar

Which platform does Suutak spawn on? Is the spawn mechanic just kill mobs on that platform them it eventually spawns?

8. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Just the platforme before wyverns just need keep killing air elementals and cross fingers!

9. Net

Net Avatar

I am pretty sure I saw it on the focus draining platform with the lightnings and both water and air eles.

10. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Thought he was talking about the artifact drop my bad! lol

11. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just highlight the text with mouse selection/drag across it.

Net likes this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@Rinaldi Sannio dropped a hint in the livestream today. Well, more of a spoiler.
    Which led to this, at Loc: (-220.369, 4.095, -239.259)

[​IMG]

And another, at -167.753, 16.559, -224.843

[​IMG]

Of course, all I've found so far is spider silk. (Thanks, RNG.) But I believe this is where the amulets the professor is looking for can be found. Though, apparently you can turn them in to the aeronaut as well...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Anpu, Alley Oop and Rinaldi like this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And then:

[​IMG]

Respawn time on the loose stones isn't very long.

Anpu, Alley Oop and Rinaldi like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, the aeronaut doesn't seem to accept them. I brought it to the professor, who said he can't do anything with it, as it was already open, and therefore had no message to transcribe. I got gold/xp for the turn-in. So, now I'm wondering if this means you can randomly get a closed one, or if maybe finding a closed one will be a leg of the later main story, and aren't in the game yet... or what.

Anyway. Patch notes mentioned a jump puzzle added to the scene this release. That's next, I guess.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

[​IMG]

16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

[​IMG]

17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I know there is at least 5 loose stones in the zone.
    And at least one time i got a closed amulet. when I turned it in, the dude translated the writing on the amulet for me.

Not sure if there is more than one kind of amulet (i.e. different amulets may give different translations?).
    Anyhow, the translation i got was a paragraph of latin.
    For The latin to english translation, I may post it in the easter egg thread when i get a chance.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Saesa, Alley Oop, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  18. Saesa

Saesa Avatar

Net and I gathering amulet everyday, and both got 5 copies, I don't know if there is more copy.
    My blog is japanese, but there is screen shots so maybe help to find loose stones.

Sorry, I don't know how to make spiler:p
    https://shard-hahen.blogspot.com/2021/02/86well-of-aldurnpc.html
    Can you help to translate those copy to correct english?

Net, Alley Oop and Rinaldi like this.
  19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's on the wyvern roost. There's a room you can drop down into- run straight off the mover onto the platform, turn left around the wall, and take another left. There are some little platforms stuck to the wall on the side you can use to hop down, or jump straight it like I did. (Probably want to use a Cat's Grace pot if you do that, though, I took a pretty hard hit when I landed.)

Here's where you want to hop down, at the red x. the platforms are just out of view because the wall blocks the camera.

[​IMG]

Inside the room, looking up at the platforms you use to hop down:

[​IMG]

Look out the window/door in the room, and you'll see floating platforms that bring you down to another room.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Profit!!

[​IMG]

Net, Anpu, Alley Oop and 1 other person like this.
  20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, ya coulda saved me the effort by updating your puzzle thread... :p (unless you just edited an existing post, and so I didn't see an alert...) Kinda bummed I've only found three, though. Admittedly, I can't really check the last three platforms.

Sannio said nobody had found it yet. Guess he was wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.