Stacking cards and combo's

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by rayxor, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayxor

rayxor Avatar

Im just learning about stacking cards in my deck and combos. A couple questions about this.

First, do the 2 skills required to create the combo skill up when you use the combo? (thrust+ice fist=icy thrust. does thrust and ice fist skill up when using this?)

Does stacking the 2 skills required to create the combo add more power to the combo?

Is there an easier way to stack cards and also do combos instead of using the mouse to drag and drop?

2. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

G mornin,
    Answers as follows:

First, do the 2 skills required to create the combo skill up when you use the combo? (thrust+ice fist=icy thrust. does thrust and ice fist skill up when using this?)
    Yes, they do.
    Does stacking the 2 skills required to create the combo add more power to the combo?
    NO, it does not, but you are able to stack the post combo glyphs as you make more copies of them which do increase the power.
    Is there an easier way to stack cards and also do combos instead of using the mouse to drag and drop?
    hotkeys are your friend. I use 2-3-4 for stacking combos. Hold one and then press another while holding and you will get combos growing more fluidly

3. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

If you look at YouTube @Mac2 has an amazing SOTA channel with amazing videos on deck building which I think will answer your questions.
    Here is a link to his video channel - Mac is an extraordinary player and he explains things very well

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCuBnlkpnnxUpUehDde53Jbw

4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

this is my plalist covering deck building hope you find it usefull

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi there :) I see you mentioned some questions about the deck system above. I've linked 4 very short tutorials made by a community member which are phenomenal and really show players the basics of the deck system. You can make it simply and lock all 10 glyphs so the bar behaves like other games, or you can unlock slots for a more dynamic (and MUCH more versatile) approach.

Some skills/items can only go in the non-combat utility bar, some skills/items can go in both the combat and non-combat utility bar, and some skills can only go in the combat bar.

Press K for all your skills, L for all your glyphs and combos and Y for deck building. Experiment with dragging things around, from most of those areas, you can populate your bar directly, or you can adjust inside your deck building interface (Y).

Here are 4 great 2 minute videos to teach you the basics of deck building:

Locked Combat Bar:

Unlocked Combat Bar:

Hybrid Combat Bar:

Combos:

Sorgin Txakal and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.