Air Shield users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Dec 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

@Xee like you I am 100% caster - no physical damage at all. I love being an air mage - and I agree with your post about physical damage. But with .1 I still cannot survive many things. PvE things. Still I am useless in PvP since air shield is removed easier than insurance coverage after a disaster...... and my stun (which should be insane) is bit a space bar spam from being removed. One amazing PvP player I know did an experiment with me. I had my max dex gear on (over 600 dex) and I six stacked lightning and it did not even stun him. He did not even need a space bar!

I am ok with air being PvP useless - but please don’t take my air shield .1 from me. Please.

HogwinHD likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Also, because it's the only way I've been able to survive against bosses and stronger mobs using light armor. But yeah, the dex bonuses from attunement are a big plus.

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I played air pure even with out sun spec full dex it is very good vs some mobs for sure. the design of the air mage was not about speed. if you look at the skills you can technically kill with out worry if you slow down and use mainly stacks. the stuns on a full stack last the full time it takes to tick up another full stack allowing for 100% stun lock but no time to dmg. that is where pets come in as the dmg as its the only class that allows you to hit during the stun length with out breaking. for PVP you take a hit because you can't run with full shield half the time because of torpid requiring you to recast every torpid to survive. with out you are for sure much more squish. however if you take into account light armor with dodge and now the changes to Evade if you stack the dex with those bonuses on gear you can avoid a large % of physical dmg. 1 out of 2 hits on you will be dodged or avoided if you have 300dex or higher with the right gear.

Indeed it does help for sure. my other builds which are very squishy dont use air, instead you use environment cover which is the mechanic added specifically to support the ability of all classes to kill bosses. every Boss that exists in the game has cover around to avoid dmg by taking cover between attacks. its not as efficient as being able to stand in the open and sling attacks and spells with out worry but it makes it so that even a low level could take a dragon using cover.

Tirrag likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

For a hard limit after years of commitment, I think it's okay.
    For average player? Not at all.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a link to the twitter post in my post.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The reason archers use air magic is because the developers intended air magic to compliment archery (I don't use any artifacts BTW). Nobody should be able to become invincible and a 0.2 transfer limit seems reasonable to me (I honestly expected 0.25 or 0.3).

7. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I just can't help but feel I am playing the game wrong :confused:

I'm air specced and my air shield has never gotten better than .6 and I can't kill anyone in PVP who knows what they are doing :mad:

8. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

sigh and yet more nerfing.... please people stop complaining about some OP toon you see a few times and lets work on the skills that are weaker instead. I am really really getting tired of finding a build that does anything fun and then seeing it nerfed because some few people had to find a way to take advantage of it. While you all may think it is so easy to get your dex that high.. it is not for many of us. These skills are meant to mix and match. Personally I think that voice training should be removed from the tree, it defeats the purpose of limiting the power attainable with bards. However, if you put the points in, specialize, and have to utilize an offhand instrument, then you should still be as deadly as any of the other trees. True EQ bards had to equip instruments to augment or even use some skills. They could also use melee weapons and they could kite and charm and aoe dot. They were not just buff bots.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So you think god mode is okay for players?

10. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Okay, i cant believe i have to chime in on this but hey.. we seldom get to have peace..

These people that have achieved ''god mode'' have put time and effort into perfecting their build , dedicating to a build. crying out for nerf/balance just diminishes their time and effort

while i agree a 0.0 transfer rate is not a good idea or that i also agree some balance is needed by bringing some other trees up, i will say that i respect the time and effort those players put in to achieve that.

0.2 is a more reasonable cap for this , and just as a point of reference i went on to offline and edited my skills/stats and when i got to 0.0 my dex was such that it pushed it to 0.0 but displayed red, which meant that the shield was on but not doing anything, i took regular damage.

my overall point is this : People have worked hard to get to that point and what do they get for it? Nerfed. i have been around for a long long time and seen many a player quit because of this reason , i love this game i really do but at what point do we draw the line??

King Robert, Wilfred, FBohler and 2 others like this.
  11. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

PvE:
    In my guild, nobody uses air shield as a main skill, not even the mages. There are ways to find success by mitigating damage received.

I have two fire mage builds (non-spec), one has air shield as an escape mechanism; if hit points are low, it's activated to escape and heal up, then return to battle with immolation active (no air shield). My second fire mage build, the better build, doesn't use air shield, I use bard skills for crowd control; much better for you and the team than air shield.

If I feel selfish and activate that air shield with bard crowd control skills, it's a clown show of feeling invincible if transfer rate is 0.2.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Of course. People just abuse Shield of Air because that's how you can walk through content that was intended for high level groups.

13. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Is everyone god mode? Because I don't see that. There will always be those that strive for god mode. If they can achieve it with difficulty, then yes I can agree they have earned it.

Wilfred, FBohler and HogwinHD like this.
  14. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

I think this needs to be addressed. I came across an Ancient Orange dragon and even will all my fire debuffs I couldn't do any damage to it - the orange pit dragon is killable at a slower rate but to not even be able to do any damage at all is pretty disappointing - and this is with 400+ att and int and very high evaporate, :(. I had to call in my bandit air mage friend to take it down in like 1 minute.

FrostII likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Where'd you find that? I didn't know we had them in the game. The new hill encounter scene?

FrostII likes this.
  16. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Yeah. Appears that the Ancient Orange is new. So far I've had green pit, orange pit, ancient orange and baby dragons spawn there. And I found it in a wolf ash hill scene near Brookside.

FrostII and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Cool. I'd only seen the orange and green pit dragons.

FrostII likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i got an ancient green there once too, but only once

FrostII and Vero like this.
  19. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Sweet

20. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i just so happen to be working on a dragon slayer leaderboard. discovered there are lots of new dragons to slay :) and to answer the question, the top of the 30 day is:

Eric Blutaxt, 296
    TriniTa, 273
    Revenant, 252
    deltalok, 214
    Alexander John, 203
    Fina Mondklinge, 194

as for on-topic, i dont think 0.0 was ever meant to be reachable and only attainable because of development to other areas of the game affecting the math. that makes it more of a bug. i do feel a cap is good, but at 0.1 as the ability to reach that, as previously noted, takes such a great effort that not many will reach it even with years to do so.

FrostII, StarLord and FBohler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.