Accumulating gold in 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Now is a Tier 10+ Adventuring scene.

Anpu and Barugon like this.
  2. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

If you go into the sewers from Resolute you kill a skeletal mage in the cell and turn left. You drop down a ladder and turn right...then go into that room and follow the stairs on the left. There is a chest there at the end with a key near the relic hunters. Then you backtrack back down those short steps and look straight across and follow that path to the Hallway jail type door. (NOT the door where you found the chest) Go to the end of that hallway without going into the side rooms, (you will kill few human rogue type characters) and turn right at the very end of that long hallway and you will see the opened up spider room... be careful...they only have 250hps or so...but they come 10, 12, 15 at a time if you aren't careful. I usually start by going up to the entrance then running back and setting up my kill perimeter near that back wall. You want to be able to kill them in an area u can safely skin them. Look for Voltage Hurricane or Celestial Whisper in 5 hours from this post time in game and I will literally take you there and show you. Also bring at least 2 or 3 skinning knives....

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Jekyll Endros likes this.
  3. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Thanks for the detailed directions! Found that room - pretty cool - spider slaughter!!!

4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

This topic and its responses sparked some curiosity in me. Let's accumulate a list of 10k gp per hour SotA spots :) I never really tracked it that way before so I did a run of a couple of my haunts just to see the possibility. So here are two more 10k gp per hour spots. 10k accumulated through looting and then selling gear to Pip.

Lich of the Mound location in Deep Ravenswood
    Dragon/Scavenger mesa top in Southern Grunvald Barrens

In addition to getting 10k+ gold for 1 hour of time, I also received 2 artifacts per location and numerous resources including Gold/Silver ore.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Can't verify offhand, but I would bet the upper elf levels in Tartarus would give a lot of loot to sell, if you just ran back and forth between the three main rooms.

Probably Crag Foothills as well.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would run through the room, then lead them back to the T intersection near the exit to the Rise. Turn to face them, let auto attack take care of them while charging up Corpse Explosion. As soon as you get a body to trigger it, start going to town. I could usually take out a group of 10-20 with two explosions.
    I used to, until they made it so that scrapping 20 rusty swords resulted in 19 rusty sword patterns. Now I only bother scrapping stuff that doesn't have a pattern. Mainly long bows, triangle shields, and two-handed hammers. I have wood scrap to last forever, but metal is getting scarce, unless I go to K'Rul.

Wilfred likes this.
  7. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

This was mentioned in another thread I started, but in the NW corner of Twins Foothills there is a mob of rogues that drop messers which sell for quite a bit. Have to watch out for the T8 swashbucklers that spam at night if not properly levelled, but between those, the mass of thugs in the SE corner and the fairly abundant resources I don't think 10k an hour is out of the question there.

EDIT: I think I mentioned this already as well, but in Spectral Mines there's a big room with quickly-respawning hardened skeletons and quickly-replenishing iron nodes. 10k per hour is by no means out of the question there.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Wilfred likes this.
  8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

my goodness. i remembered a place my guild used to farm long ago. Kobold Expeditionary Camp. super fast respawn and has an arena that spawns baddies too. i just delivered 20k+ for 1 hour with selling loot. if you can kill fast enough that is.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    DalTXColtsFan, Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think The Rise is a candidate with the amount of elves in the quarters, dog room and mage room, not to mention roughly 5 dragons that you may kill in one hour. Have to test it though.

10. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

I would really like to see more areas like the resolute spider room. The only thing that resembles this kind of stuff is control points. The zombie rooms in tartarus are close, but the spider room is for mostly lower level toons and the zombies are for the higher level guys...I would like to see more midrange mob clustered areas...kinda like Kobold Expeditionary Camp, but less spread out. There are a couple good spots with quick respawn rates. If anyone can communicate more in this thread, please do so.

Also, DalTXColtsfan,...

Glad you found the room...it is a great lower level room that grants good cash items to either craft or sell. I love that room..makes a great alternative to mining in Elysium.

Voltage

Tirrag likes this.
  11. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Where specifically is this? Somewhere in Skrekk?

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's a scene in Norgaard, I think.

Hm. It's not on the old web map. I think it's near Ferig's Battle Camp, if I remember correctly.

13. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Correct. Go to Valhold or Estgard and exit to Novia.

14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I remember that camp now - we had to rescue a prisoner there as part of the path of courage quests. Watching him run away had me in tears. Wuss!

So here are the results of a few experiments I just ran, before both of which I ingested potions of expedience and precision:

60 minutes in the resolute sewer spider room:
    550,000 Adventurer XP
    250,000 Producer XP
    Sold the accumulated spider silk and venom sacks for a total of about 5,500GP

30 minutes in the KEC:
    360,000 Adventurer XP
    accumulated about 3,000GP just from the fights, sold the loot for maybe another 1500.
    1 artefact, 1 grey supply bundle

50 minutes in Spectral Mines (tried to make it to an hour but had to pee!)
    340,000 Adventurer XP
    400,000 Producer XP
    accumulated about 1600 gold, sold the rest for another 1500 (and over half of that was corpse wax believe it or not)
    103 iron ore, 19 nickel ore, 12 tungsten ore
    1 artefact, 1 grey supply bundle

So it seems like the KEC is indeed a place where you can get pretty darned close to 10,000GP per hour.

Obviously I was way off on Spectral Mines being a source of piles of gold, but 134 pieces of ore in an hour is nothing to sneeze at. I was pretty much able to mine for the entire hour - I never really had to "wait" for a new ore node to spawn, pretty much as soon as I was done fighting I could just turn my head and another one was there. I forgot to grab a new set of bones before I head back to Adoris for a session with the master tactics trainer - gotta take care of that next time I log in.

15. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Fwiw, you don't have to stay in one place at a time to farm gold or anything else. There's lots of places that have little pockets of stuff that are lucrative enough to make it worthwhile to just zone teleport around between them. It also makes it easy to keep track of how many rounds you've done since you can just check how many scrolls you have.

Anpu likes this.
  16. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Remember that players will buy your spider silk all day long for 5gp each. All mages have to buy it at 6gp each and most folks dont farm spiders. Also, you can get 15gp for each venom sac if you go to an alchemist or the magic shop guy in Desolis. Also, I do hope you are not selling the ore to NPCs, i'm pretty sure you are not, but i wanted to bring it up. All of that ore can bring good money to players...you just have to find the buy orders for it. Or you can go to the market gatherings that take place every Sunday and sell all the ore and silk you accumulate through the week. Also, as you can see the xp at the spiders is excellent although the cash isnt the best and you can get some decent producer xp as well.

All of this is information you probably already knew, just covering the standard basics of my limited knowledge. The purpose of the spiders is so lower level characters can accumulate xp quickly to get their skills up high enough to try other areas. It is one of my favorites, because it can translate overall to more producer xp. You gather the venom sacs to make excellent xp gaining poisons potions and you use the spider eyes and spider legs to make more producer xp with food products and the xp is excellent. Because it processes quickly it makes it close to dragon haunch xp per hour :) I use to kill like crazy, then setup poison making or food making while watching Youtube videos and eating my meals/snacks. I take new players there often and just heal them while they gain adventuring xp, producer xp and some cash along the way.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    DalTXColtsFan and Wilfred like this.
  17. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

so I am working on some new informational tools based on the public API information and have collected enough to start inspecting the data. i think we have a new entry into the killing for gold market :) i spotted Sequanna Colossus as being the scene with the highest gold amount attained since i had started collecting data by almost 2x the nearest scene (Tartarus). obviously folks are farming that area so did some looking into what was being farmed. Elementals... Air, Sand, and Earth. the average gold per kill for that area was 48gp. i have not been there yet with this new information to see where these elementals are spawning but it's obviously worth checking it out :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It’s important to note the api may show a lot of gold coming from there, but it won’t show you how many people are using the scene. Just like a large amount of COTO’s currently are found in the Well of Aldur. But that’s because a lot of people spend a lot of time there.

19. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

100% correct :) its interesting figuring out ways to get valuable information out of the API. one thing that i used for this was the gp per kill combined with the types of enemies being killed (ie lower tier) to help determine if this was a spot of interest. interestingly some of highest gp per kill scenes are Solace Bridge Outskirts, Blood River Outskirts, and Tenebris Harbor. of course this does not take into consideration sale of loot. currently i am summarizing data by day during my collection but realize now that maybe summarizing by hour would lead to more interesting data. will need to think about that...

going to do a quick Sequanna Colossus expedition over lunch to see if i can verify results.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

One other factor you aren’t accounting for is the chests that can be used per wave. The API won’t show how much gold is specifically coming from chests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.