1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add an option for the in game compass to actually use our New Britanninian Calendar names

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Anpu, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

We actually have a New Britannian Calendar for New Britannia but currently the in game compass is not even utilizing that.

I'd like for an option that is either on by default (or not). I'll let the devs decide that....

This option would actually then display the New Britannian Calendar names for the Day, Month and Season. For example as I write this post the in game compass currently displays this:

[​IMG]

What this option would now show would be this:

Tiwesdai Julius 17, New Britannian Season Name 613 PC

I don't actually know if work was done where you did have a New Brittanian Calendar Name for each of the 4 seasons (Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall)? Sannio might know? Or someone else may know. Seasonal information seems to actually be missing on the Wiki.

This is one of those "immersive" things that I feel would at least give you the feeling you are actually in New Britannia. Instead of constantly seeing the earth Day, Month and season. And as an option where some people who might dislike it, could just turn it off.

Thank you for your time!

Wilfred likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it used to. the compass only showed scene name until R18, when they added the extra info nb-style. it only lasted R18 and 19 before it was switched to earth-style.

Anpu and Wilfred like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Speaking of the compass, and slighly off-topic, I find it very difficult to spot weather and time of day mixed in with that much information. I hope that's one of the UI overhaul they're planning to do.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Interesting. I wonder why they removed that?

I still would however like the option to display the New Britannian Calendar names.

Wilfred likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

It seems to me its a lore thing and if there's a New Britannian name the devs expect us to know, it should always show the New Britannian name, rather than be an option. But its possible they ditched the idea of New Britannian names for everything, and that's why the changed since R19. But lore presented to every player should always be consistent imo.

The compass info btw has for a long time just seemed like an information dump rather than a user friendly display. There's no noticeable space or other delimiter between the bits of information, its just a string of words for the most part. It can be compressed for instance by showing the phase of the moon as a symbol rather than describing it, and this would allow more room for space between the bits of information.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Anpu and FBohler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.