1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Unable To Place New Circling Dragons

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Raven Swiftbow, Mar 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

03/12/2021 08:13

I had a different issue with them. They show as placeable - and I have used only 270 out of 470 external objects slots.
    This first screenshot shows the box just before I place it on the ground:

[​IMG]

But when I actually drop it on the ground it shows as red:
    [​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32590
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8011
    SotA.Win.64.1357.Date.03.11.21
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
    Area Display Name: Duanor
    Loc: (-60.9, 27.5, 252.0)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgtNjAuODU5LCAyNy41MDQsIDI1Mi4wMDIpfCgwLCAwLjg0NiwgMCwgMC41MzQpfDM3OC40MjA1fDM3LjU1Njc1fDIuMzA3Ng==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Raven Swiftbow, that's correct. like any vfx deco, there's a box on the deco toolbar to uncheck to hide the placement box.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Uncheck this:

[​IMG]

4. Raven Swiftbow

@Alley Oop @Barugon

Alley, I was not bug reporting this because I can see the box. I bug reported it because it will not allow me to place the item, even though I have enough deco slots to place it. That's why the box is red.

Please restore this as a real bug.

5. Alley Oop

i'm a little unclear here, you said the red box was

which sounds like it's green when you're in the process of placing it and red after placing it, but you can't place it?

6. Raven Swiftbow

I probably should have put this into a new thread, because if I had done so I would have titled it: Unable To Place New Circling Dragons

Because, yep, I cannot place them. Which makes no sense because I have 200 available deco slots.

And yes - it *looks* like it's going to place, because it shows up as green - but as soon as you try to actually drop it, it turns red.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So you can place it but it turns red and the red box stays there? Or does it go back into your inventory?

8. Raven Swiftbow

It will not let me drop it. To explain further - it will show green (that I should be able to drop it), but then when I actually try to let go it turns red and will not allow me to drop it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Raven Swiftbow

Okay, I just tried a different spot. It allowed me to place it - but it's still red. Does it turn green later?? In that other location, it would not allow me to drop it.

Ahhh, oksy. I see now - these boxes stay red, but still work. I'm so used to things that are "red" meaning that it's un-placeable, that I presumed this would be the same. They spawn over the "central" area of the POT, not over where you place the 'boxes' but I know that's been commented on. (I can't recall if that is considered a bug or not.) It's a bit of a shame as I was hoping they would circle over the lake area. Not that I would want to scare away any fisher-people. . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  10. Alley Oop

11. Raven Swiftbow

Cool. Also - as you know, I have the "mountain" template. Well, I took the "low" and "medium" level dragons down after I saw one fly underneath the ground, lol! It's because the terrain goes as high as it does in this particular POT template, I'm sure. So I suspect they didn't think about mountain templates when they designed these.

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

that should be another new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.