Crown store and new players leaving

Discussion in 'Crown Store' started by Rygen, Oct 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

kaeshiva, vulcanjedi and Wilfred like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I get it with the housing feedback.
    When I had my first exposure to Sota, in early early early days like R14 or 15 thereabouts, I was able to log in, kill stuff, get gold, go to a local vendor, and buy a (taxed) deed after me and Scoffer selling loads and loads of junk weapons to fund it, and we slapped a deed down in one of the little empty PRTs (Soltown was completely full even in those days). Between that, and "discovery" in crafting, we had an absolute blast, and threw a lot of funding at the game based on the principle that we could kill things, take their stuff, sell it, and build our own little empire, and decorate it up without having to pour in $$. Those systems have gone through a lot of changes. Technically, you can still do what we did way back then, but you have to understand that you have to convert gold to crowns to buy the things, and it creates a kinda misperception that things are cash-blocked when they really aren't, provided you can find players selling the cash things for gold (which you usually can). (Global market would be reallly helpful here). Like many systems I think the problem is accessibility/visibility - and I think people bail before they figure it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.