Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Practice Dummy/Archery Practice Target

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Bridge Troll, Mar 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I tested in QA and wanted to report two issues.

1. Existing practice dummies are invisible or non-existent until the owner of the lot logs in. After that, they seem to work correctly (kudos!) (I still need to log in again as non-owner to verify it shows up a second time)

2. Archery Practice Target does not seem to have been updated yet. It was present but I could not interact with it.

Both items test at Tummyrumble Thunderbottom lot in Solania.

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I will hit QA tomorrow (Saturday) and report back

Echondas likes this.
  4. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

The qa copies of my homes are so old that I couldn't test it in the same location.

I ran over to my owls head location and it had two dummies up. One worked, the other didn't. The one that didn't work couldn't be interacted with at all. I could retrieve it from the deco palette but it was invisible when I placed it. I didn't think to re-place the working one to see if it too, was invisible.

Past Blue Ribbon likes this.
  5. Echondas

@Bridge Troll I just tested on your lot on QA, and both practice dummies were spawned and I could attack both by double clicking them to select -- tabbed targeting doesn't seem to work with practice dummies.

[​IMG]

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

tabbed targeting doesn't work with anything with the neutral light green nameplate, like bunnies

Echondas likes this.
  7. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

The one in the doorway was invisible to me.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

is it maybe only invisible when the owner is present? can you check with an alt?

9. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I logged back in and both were working fine. Also tested renaming, also seems good. Getting close to perfect! I suspect there are issues that don't go away until you relog (for the person placing). I will test it a little more and see if I can nail down the details.

10. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I couldn't get it to freak out at all again. I will take the dummies up to my Spite lot and see if there is an issue when initially placing. I am using a co-owner and an unfriended alt to do my testing.

IIRC, I had this issue happen once before when DC first fixed them it was weird for the placer til he logged and returned. If it is an issue still I hope to get you details.

11. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

OK I went to Spite where I had 3 dummies in a basement. I could use all three, but there was no right click interaction with any of them. I was able to pick them up thru deco palette and they all placed correctly. One weird note, it immediately redraws when you place it - then you can position with the old, nice green box with arrows (thanks) and then when you place it as you like it redraws after a delay.

Picked two up and took them to a second Spite Property outside to see if there was any weirdness. Both placed and functioned fine. I then moved BT to Malice so he wasn't in scene and brought my unfriended alt to Spite and she was able to hit all 3 - 2 out in the open and one in the basement.

So the only weirdness I found was on my initial login and it wasn't repeatable.

Echondas and Anpu like this.
  12. Echondas

OK thanks BT - going to mark this resolved for now. Please submit a new bug if you notice anything broken.

Bridge Troll likes this.
  13. Alley Oop

side note @Echondas @Bridge Troll dc's work to make these active all the time changed the right click menu a bit. you should still be able to get it, but not over the whole dummy. try the outside edge of the shield.

[​IMG]

the display name is still an issue, but one dc knows about

Bridge Troll likes this.
  14. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Display names worked correctly for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.