Air Shield users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Dec 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Affecting the Focus restore from pots is silly, they have a cooldown anyway so its not like you can Chug them constantly o_O

FBohler likes this.
  2. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

im a fire mage myself and tbh, the change to fire isnt that bad, Plus side is, it will push down the price on Vex wands because Crit damage is pointless on them now :)

3. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

You can chug them constantly, put them in a dynamic slot, and level the potion boost skill, infinite focus.
    Chris's change is elegant, hardly effects lower level players, forces high level players to break and refresh air shield.

4. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i stand corrected, i honestly didnt know that :/

5. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Is there a reason for Sun Spec now if this patch goes in since crits only happen for fire mages on Arrows and Fists?

Spinok likes this.
  6. Restless

Restless Avatar

I farmed daemons on QA, focus and instant farming was still very easy as an air archer.

necronut likes this.
  7. necronut

necronut Avatar

I farmed ghosts in Spindel on QA last night. It was still insanely easy even without crit.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So far, I'm not finding the regen hit to be that horrible. I can no longer get my transfer ratio to .5 (only .6 now) and the slower regen means I'm chugging a lot more focus pots than I was. Fights against multiple high level ranged mobs are the worst, some of those are a lot harder to survive now. Honestly, I'm more annoyed with the speed nerf, I'm really noticing that.

Also, it seems the regen nerf affects focus regen both in and out of combat. Might sting a little less if exiting combat mode gave you your "normal" focus regen rate.

Jeebus, though. If there were ever a better explanation as to why light armor users need an air shield, I took some hits from the clockwork dragon in the 500-550 range. With a .6 ratio, those things are hitting for around 900. Even in a group, if I catch aggro, I'm dead.

FrostII likes this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I wonder what's the next nerf.

I'm gonna make a wild guess here:

Modify the math behind crit damage boosts so they don't scale 1:1 when stacking effects.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Chris said in his livestream just now that he would be rolling back the focus regen debuff for this release but keeping the reduction in effectiveness of dexterity for Shield of Air.

FBohler likes this.
  11. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I just hope that Chris will keep the newer players in mind too.
    Air shield at level 40-ish is more or less useless. I mean, one would use Air shield if one is expecting to be hit heavily. Result: all focus is gone in a few seconds. Newer players don't have huge focus pools to draw on. So the all the player can do is drinking focus potion after focus potion and hoping to get to use a skill before all the focus is gone again. That doesn't help! So at lower levels, the only use for Air shield is for emergency escape. So, how are we supposed to train this skill during normal gameplay?

I'd rather have an Air shield that at lower levels converts a smaller percentage of damage to the shield and the rest to health. In that way, Air shield at lower skill levels is still useful and can be used during normal gameplay. As skill level goes up, a higher percentage of the damage could be transferred to Focus, reaching 100% at, lets say, skill level 120.

Wilfred and FBohler like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a lot of things he could do, like remove the bonus from dex and redistribute the skill progression so that the non-minmaxers don't feel so punished.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    FBohler likes this.
  13. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

I'm pretty sure this was fixed. The dynamic potion glyphs now have proper cooldown timers like other glyphs.

Sun spec always sucked for fire because crits were never a significant portion of fire dps.

FBohler and Barugon like this.
  14. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I wondered why air shielders that were worse than me were still winning. Great that Chris is fixing this immortality bug.

necronut likes this.
  15. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

what will become of air shield archers..

16. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

indeed, but those ghosts surround you and death ray you at the same time is bye bye birdy, happened to me on more than one occasion o_O

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. necronut

necronut Avatar

I'm just fire/sun, fire/life now, but for the longest time farmed Spindel ghosts fire/sun. I plonk down my ring of fire and when the ghosts get close, I run to the other side of the ring. Never get hit by a death ray that way, literally never. If they get out of cycle and one gets close before others do, I just plonk down a 5 stack Stagnation, or an Ice Field and sync 'em back up.

But I'm always ready with a healing touch, healing ray, or potion in case one takes a bit of my life bar.

It's really, really easy to farm ghosts in Spindel. Wickedly easy.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  18. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

risk vs reward :D

19. necronut

necronut Avatar

It's great when you get all of the latter and none of the former. Like with farming ghosts in Spindel. ;)

20. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

The risk is you get caught out by a sneaky spider or 2, or even multiple ghosts, I'm one of the top players in the game and it still happens to me lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.