1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

May Pole POT Decorations

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Thoryk Omara, Mar 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Im sure this was asked before, but in case not. Could we get a May pole in game? :D

Look how happy he looks :D

[​IMG]

@Elgarion

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I think he's excited about how much new tech it would take :p Hehhe. To do it right, that would be pretty complicated, but you're right, that would be super cool :)

Thoryk Omara and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  3. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Well just the deco would be welcomed. :D

Elgarion likes this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ah like it's static and unused and the strands are hanging down, ya maybe so :)

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Elgarion

If you look up "medieval maypole" in an image search there are a lot of versions without the ribbons. Basically striped, with a wreath on top, and pennants. You have some with ribbons that are short rather than long and just decorative. Some instead of a wreath have a snaking garland wrapping around the pole. Some with a tower of wreaths and garlands connected with ribbons; some are fancier than others.

Its not on my list of things I want, but if you guys are thinking about doing things like posts for hanging lamps/store signs/street signs like I suggested in the other wishlist thread maybe its along the same alley. So maybe you could have plain wooden posts and then the ornate ones, and I noticed the game already has tall posts, if you look along the docks in Central Brittany, you see tall posts with ropes, but this is unavailable to players. Anyway, the type of pole you would need for a maypole deco seem a similar type of thing. Carpenters will also need pole decorations if wooden poles every become placeable objects, plus these make kind of cool structural elements for players to use however they want to use creatively to build custom architecture in their POTs. Then it seems the maypole maybe would be easy to put together with a few added elements, with the wreath and pennants and such. (Of course being able to place pennants independently would be cool too)

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Thoryk Omara

Thoryk Omara Avatar

Yes, just to make market and town square more active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.