1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68713] Performance issues still there for RTX cards

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Saevio Vehemens, May 28, 2020.

1. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

03/01/2021 10:48
    Title: perfomance degratation in the same map and position after some time of combat.
    Reproduction Rate: Tough question. it occurs after some time of fighting and once teleport back in Desolis. Pattern is Desolis -> Spindel -> Craftertown -> Desolis
    Blocker? It forces to reboot game client
    Details: After 2-3 maps change and some killing / merchants, perfomance degradation seems to occur in a very heavy way.

This was NOT happening on a previous rig I were playing with. Intel 4790k + Nvidia 1080ti + ssd + 32gb ram.
    It's only with this new 30x0 nvidia card/amd cpu combo

I hope the debug information in there will help give you guys more insight about. I can run all the test required.

This fps with fresh client. Front of my house in desolis. fixed position/camera angle
    [​IMG]

This after some random lollygagging around 2 maps, some fight and same fixed position as before/camera angle. Same total clear weather in map as before.

[​IMG]

NONE lua script installed for this test
    Fullscreen, Graphic Maxed out, All video setting enabled beside Pheriferical sync
    A lot of warnings about LoDs

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU RAM: 8043
    SotA.Win.64.1354.Date.02.28.21
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-12.0, 139.6, -304.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTEyLjAzNCwgMTM5LjYyLCAtMzA0Ljk0MSl8KDAsIC0wLjk1MiwgMCwgLTAuMzA2KXwxNDAuNDE1MXw0MS4yNjQ3NnwxOA==

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I'll try and repro this but I don't have the required hardware.

3. Echondas

Loaded to your lots from Desolis direct from login, seeing these errors:
    Missing AnimPrefab 'AnimController_Dragon_Inky' - character animation not setup properly.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExecutionFrame: AIMove+<Begin>d__53

ExecutionFrame: AIMove+<Move_Co>d__61

ExecutionFrame: AIMove+<Move>d__63

ExecutionFrame: DecoPet+<MoveToWander>d__96

at AIMove+<Begin>d__53.MoveNext () [0x0047b] in <d6b9449f9b1243ff85c298efe586917a>:0

at Portalarium.CooperativeThread.Execute (Portalarium.ExecutionFrame Frame) [0x0001e] in <d6b9449f9b1243ff85c298efe586917a>:0 | POSITION=(-62.7, 139.5, -340.7) SCENE=Novia_R4_City_Desolis GAME_OBJECT_PATH=_Housing/HousePlot009/Plot009/DecoProxy_Pet_Inky_Baby_Dragon_Red(Clone)/DecoProxy_Pet_Automaton CONNECTION_STATUS=Connected-Joined

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExecutionFrame: AIMove+<Begin>d__53

ExecutionFrame: AIMove+<Move_Co>d__61

ExecutionFrame: AIMove+<Move>d__63

ExecutionFrame: DecoPet+<MoveToWander>d__96

ExecutionFrame: DecoPet+<Wander>d__94

ExecutionFrame: DecoPet+<DoIdle_Co>d__92

at AIMove+<Begin>d__53.MoveNext () [0x0047b] in <d6b9449f9b1243ff85c298efe586917a>:0

at Portalarium.CooperativeThread.Execute (Portalarium.ExecutionFrame Frame) [0x0001e] in <d6b9449f9b1243ff85c298efe586917a>:0 | POSITION=(-62.7, 139.5, -340.7) SCENE=Novia_R4_City_Desolis GAME_OBJECT_PATH=_Housing/HousePlot009/Plot009/DecoProxy_Pet_Inky_Baby_Dragon_Red(Clone)/DecoProxy_Pet_Automaton CONNECTION_STATUS=Connected-Joined

As I expected, my hardware isn't allowing me to have similar issues to you. I loaded into Desolis from login screen, visited your lots, ran around a bit, killed 6-8 crocodiles and a spider in Spindleskog Normal, went to Crafters Town, opened several vendors, went back to Desolis.. not seeing any similar warnings/errors to yours, or having any performance issues.

This seems like it's specific to your hardware.

I think @Chris is getting an AMD processor for his new system, not sure about the GPU - maybe he can try to reproduce this or look into the error spew from your game client.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1354.Date.02.28.21

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Gia2 likes this.
  4. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

5. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

6. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

7. Saevio Vehemens

Saevio Vehemens Avatar

8. Echondas

9. dinheru

dinheru Avatar

@Echondas - I will test this on my rig now that I'm back in SC, but this problem existed long before Microsoft released KB5001330. That release was published on April 13th, and so couldn't be the cause behind many of the video examples posted here.

Scanphor and Echondas like this.
  10. dinheru

dinheru Avatar

So, to follow up on this. Turns out that while I was in Austin, my SC machine was turned off. I have not installed KB5001330 at all.

-D

Echondas likes this.
  11. Echondas

Oh well.. was just a shot in the dark. Don't suppose you play any other Unity games using similar version, to help trace the issue to SotA (2018.4.34) or Unity in general?

12. dinheru

dinheru Avatar

I also play Valheim, which I understand was done in Unity, but I don't know what version and I've had no problems there. I also should point out I've been symptom free since I returned to SC, but I think it's too early to declare this problem disappeared.

Echondas likes this.
  13. Echondas

@dinheru Assuming you're on Windows - right click on the game .exe (not a launcher or updater) and click properties.
    Here's an example for SotA:
    [​IMG]

14. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Spot on - this appears to be a fix for a specific issue introduced in Windows 10 patches in 2021 whereas this issue goes back over a year

15. dinheru

dinheru Avatar

@Echondas - The current release of Valheim runs on 2019.4.20.7197120

-D

Anpu and Echondas like this.
  16. Echondas

Gotcha so it’s a newer version of Unity, maybe better behaved with the newer video cards ?
    .. but a quick Google search for “unity 2018 nvidia rtx issues” turns up quite a few devs and consumers complaining of issues .. but some of them mention issues with newer versions of Unity also.

Hopefully your and others issues are less prevalent now but this sounds like something the developers need to investigate with Unity support.

Anpu likes this.
  17. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Just a quick update - chatting about this in /u earlier, still happening

18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Patch Notes

Release 97

Build Number 1499 – January 6th, 7AM

The “Bloom” option in graphics settings will now also disable HDR rendering. This is an attempt to fix the massive frame rate drop several players with Nvidia 20×0 and 30×0 cards have seen but we have been unable to reproduce. If you have severe frame rate drops in combat, please disable bloom and see if it helps!

19. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Created issues with ground targeting so it was reversed.

Played with it on for the duration though and had no slow issues. but dont think it was a long enough session to be sure of anything :)

20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

thats because yours is a 10xx card which does not have the issue. its only RTX cards from what I have seen and tested. I have tried machines with RTX , 1 with Radeon, one with intel on board and 2 with 10XX cards.