1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Remove the label `Housing` from equipement

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Morgathys, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

As the title says, remove the label `Housing` from the pieces of equipment in inventory. From my understanding, as the equipement can be placed as decoration, its labeled accordingly and then appear in the housing tab. As consequence, the same item appear in different inventory tab and take unecessary time to sort the decoration from equipement for salvaging.

As you can see in the picture, Cotton Cloth Helm should be shown in `Equipement` tab, Blueprint in `Crafting` tab, etc but its all in `housing` tab
    [​IMG]

Elgarion likes this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't think there's a 'Housing' label, just the bit of information which that says whether an item can be placed as decoration or not, and if it can, it shows up in the Housing tab.

Right now the Inventory tabs are really oriented around programmers' logic. Can it be equipped? It shows up in equipment. Can it be placed? It shows up in housing. Can it be dragged to the command bar? It shows up in consumables. Can it be used on the crafting table? It shows up in crafting.

I never really liked this at all, and don't think its intuitive from a player's perspective. A player is going to end up wondering what a 'consumable' is and find out that arrows, bait, and food are in the same category. Everyday people don't put those things in the same category, only computer game programmers do. You then of course have fish and raw meat as crafting materials, which makes sense because cooking is a 'crafting' skill, but everyday people tend to think of them as consumables, rather than 'materials.' IMO any tabs would be better off organized by role-playing logic rather than programmer's logic. (Is it a gem? Is it something you can eat or drink? Is it something used for bait?)

I think automatically excluding everything that's in other tabs from the Housing tab would probably give you the quick fix you want, but at least IMO there's a bigger issue here.

Net, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

tbh, I have no idea how the Dev build the items.
    I have played a bit with Articy in the past and I used labels (item property) to define the category so I explained this QoS request based on what I know ^^
    Thanks for your insight @redfish ;)

4. Net

Net Avatar

I am used to this logic and I rather like it. And when I am decorating with bunch of items on me, it is nice to see only those I can use, even if they are also equipment or crafting...

5. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

To make everyone happy, maybe a mechanism where you can configure your tabs as you like by checking the different item category (considering that every items are categorized :D ) like the chat.
    That being said, categorizing every items will be very tedious and time consumming, im sure there's stuff more urgent.. unfortunetely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.