Current Specialization Popularity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anpu, Mar 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I'm surprised to see Ranged in the first place.
    If they nerfed Tactics to try and force me into Ranged Spec, I would migrate to Bard Spec instead.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Savage Sonata is getting it's critical damage bonus halved tomorrow.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I would use the crit chance boost from spec to mitigate the loss.

4. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

I am not surprised at all by the low numbers in moon and water magic. Water magic is great for support and might be ok in pvp(I dont know, cause I don't pvp), but it lacks real offensive punch. Moon was designed to compliment a stealthy/stabby toon but the school was so weak for so long, no one bothered. Then they added Shooting Star to help boost the number of pure mages that might try Moon. The main problem is just as you indicate there are no buffs to add to moon attunement and with the aether orb crashing on enchantment(current bug), there are no good options in getting that attunement crossing the critical 200+ number at relative adventuring levels. The power of a school of magic is all about attunement. Pair that with a character who can only dedicate so much to a "support" school as a stabby/stealthy character and it means it just isnt strong enough to bother.

The ironic thing is I made a pure moon/water mage just a month ago to experiment and see if i can make that build viable. The short answer is yes...but it has to be the weakest meta in all of the game, but you can boost attunement with gear like I have for moon and water and you can make it work. My biggest issue right now is the cooldown on a full stack of Meteor shower, but I suppliment it with movement lockdown(aka Ice field) and just blast shooting star without a stack in between meteor showers. I think some folks forget that each stack only adds 20% bonus to damage on that particular skill, so you are better off doing singles and hope for crit. Those rules dont apply to Meteor Shower as you want the strongest version along with the highest duration, since technically, it is an AoE DoT. Anywho, I am going to make it work..and although I wont be ultra powerful...that doesnt matter...Cause I look cool with my dagger and Frosty Orb until they fix the dual Aether Orb combo I plan to do later on...

HAHA I will look like a traveling Fortune Teller :)

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Quick note you probably know most but I am laying this out there for those who might want to know how to play this.

I love the build you are using, if I am not mistaken, that is my current build, havent played because of valheim so I am not sure. A great thing to do is make sure you use a dynamic deck here, as it will allow you to send off some stronger 1-4 stacked shooting star (I try to stack it when I am doing something else). Also, aim for as much moon attunement as possible, everything you get from water will be high enough to be worthwhile, and this will allow you to get that moon attunement high enough to start packing a serious punch. This means spell crit / spell damage / spell crit damage Moon attuned gear, even your staff or dual wands (since you cant do anything with Aether orb, but wand + Aether orb would be great when its fixed). make sure to lay down an ice field on your meteor shower to make sure everything stays in it as much as possible, and then use Ice arrow as a wildcard spell to fill up your remaining dynamic slots. Chain lightning can be a decent addition as well to get some stuns off, lowering ranged target's damage output. Also, I for some reason really like to use Chain armor, or at least Heavy armor, to boost my health as well as combine my defenses to my Ice shield (avoidance + Fire resist!). in places where you need even more defense, or when you agro a bigger group, a shield is also amazing for this. Usually with this build I aim to outlast my enemy, not necessarily kill him as fast as possible, and in most cases this has worked quite well.

Powersurge45 likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

https://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1375027220201279488
    Since some changes went in that might impact their desirability all bard, fire, air, and ranged schools will be set to 100% xp return on unlearn for this release. This will not be in the initial release but rather the first patch due out later today.

Just FYI. Will see if this effects the top Spec schools...... or not. Will have to wait for the patch after release......

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. DukeUconn

DukeUconn Avatar

the 100% unlearn doesn't help those that put gems/jewels on weapons and gear.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Yeah, I find myself leaning toward more Moon attunement vs water attunement..but i was going to give them equal share until I had more experience working with the build. But yes all good tips. I was just looking to see if I could leverage an equal attunement to both. I mean Soothing Rain is a great skill and healing over time with decent attunement means its pretty effective...

Let's face it..depending on your goals, we can make anything work with enough experience and I have always been a "go against the grain" kind of player.

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

is that 100 or 200 attunement?

10. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

Yap. It was me. I am surprised about Focus in this list.

11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Focus helps with in combat focus regen and reduces fizzle chance. I know Elgarion used focus spec to deal with his focus issues back in the days.

Elgarion likes this.
  12. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

I would say 100+ is considered decent attunement...however, 180+ would be preferable.

13. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

They fixed the Aether Orb enchantment bug!!! After work today, I plan to go home and construct my 2 Aether Orbs of ULTIMATE POWER (Thank you Vesper and Margaritte)!! I am gonna feel like Moiraine Damodred with 2 Sa'angreal (yeah she is a lady toon) wielding the One Power :p

Anpu likes this.
  14. Juan Solo

Juan Solo Avatar

I know, I went Bard/Focus only for the Concussive Canticle. I thought I was the only crazy.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  15. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Oh well..the Orbs are off hand only...but I can at least wield one of them. Wish there was a moon wand or something. The shard of night is ok, but I cant get over 35 attunement from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.