Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yup, and more recipes to come. Also the reason I lowered the gold value is because I increased drop rates in some areas (high tier nodes) and added them to low tier nodes. Lowering their prices also encourages sale to players who need for the recipes. I'll continue to give them lovin as more recipes are added. Recipes will be added to the game at a very large rate going forward, so crafters should be pretty happy :)

necronut, Wilfred, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  2. dayero

dayero Avatar

1) is there an artifact weapon for bludgeon melee users, like a two-handed hammer or axe?
    2) is there any special property to the ancient two-handed sword artifact?
    3) do obsidian chips have any use besides chaos magic?
    4) are mounts good for anything? (havent tried them)
    5) how do ghost carry their gold?
    6) are there any daily quests with a decent item reward?

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's the Mace of Unsummoning and dread artifact Scepter of Dread. I don't know about others.
    I think it does double damage against elves.
    Yes. You can make obsidian ingots and then, in turn, make obsidian armor and weapons. They are also used for potions and possibly food now too.
    They're fun but their usefulness is limited. I recently unlearned the skills to get my 24M experience back.
    In an aether pouch of course.
    I've been coming home with some common artifacts from these quests (recent change this release).

necronut likes this.
  4. dayero

dayero Avatar

damn. something a bit more universally useful would have been nice.

oh yeah lol. i totally forgot about obsidian armor. thanks :)

i am playing single player and i actually measured how many of those commons i got. i did the kobold camp in nariyad (?) woods - idk the scene next to goti *g* - 5 times in a row. i had 90 artifacts afterwards. so in single player 1 common artifact isnt really a reward. might still be ok in mp though with the lower rewards.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The Mace of Unsummoning, 2 handed mace, deals extra damage against elemental mobs.

The recent update has made many quests give common artifacts, check the release update page on the main website to see these!

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I also forgot some options, not quite artifacts, but mauls and battleaxes have T3 component options, the Torc dawl weapons can be salvaged for the heads, and 2 different handles which have special stats on them, these are usually great

Anpu likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Combine those into more powerful artifacts.

Anpu likes this.
  9. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Are you talking about the Kobold Expeditionary Camp next to Ferig's Battle Camp? You got 90 artificats there? Is this online or offline?

10. Alley Oop

11. dayero

dayero Avatar

offline, as i said it's the scene next to goti. maybe you havent been there before since it's at the very edge of that landmass.

12. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i just spent 25 mins in Naryad Woods. with selling equipment to pip i received 7k gold and 3 artifacts. fast respawn rate so something you can loot continuously in a loop. also a lot of shock monkeys so if you hate 'dem monkeys you can have at it :)

13. dayero

dayero Avatar

did you loot the crates? the barrels are ****, but the crates can contain 3 artifacts, necklace of civility, rings of life and jones. plus some high tier recipes which sell for a bit of gold.

Tirrag, Kelly O'Shay, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  14. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I think I know the answer to this one but just want to confirm:

I was surprised today when I looked at all my skills and noticed I had not even LEARNED a second specialization (my first is polearm - it's at level 90). What an embarrassing oversight!

So, just to confirm, if I go to Mark the Master Heavy Armor Trainer in Owl's Head, learn Heavy Armor Specialization and set it to Training, then I just double-check that Polearm Specialization didn't get set to unlearning (I think it should stay at "maintaining"), and I'm good to go, yes?

It will continue to drain XP to MAINTAIN my Polearm specialization at 90 but my Heavy Armor specialization will continue to increase, yes?

15. Alley Oop

it will not drain any xp on maintain, that's old language.

Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Basically Maintain is simply to set your specialization ACTIVE without using experience to train it. Your specs can have 3 states : 1 Active, 1 or 2 Maintaining (depending on if one is active) and all the others are automatically set to unlearning, so Maintain is your choice when you dont want to use exp but keep the specialization active (thus having its effects).

FrostII likes this.
  17. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

And it's still true that i can actively start training heavy armor spec while maintaining polearm spec and get the benefits of both, yes?

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes. You can have 2 specs. But only one of them can be set to training. You can’t set 2 of them to train at a time. Just have to alternate between them to train them. At level 80 spec in a skill is when you get an additional set of glyphs you can use in a deck. And can stack some of the skills up to 6x.

FrostII likes this.
  19. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

I got past the room in the Compendium of Pain and Suffering where you fight 12 or 15 Hardened Skeleton Archers, went down the trap door to the room with the chest and statue in the middle, and now I can't figure out how to proceed. There's a "Find the Lockup" in my compass, but I can't figure out how to open any doors. Help?

Violet Ronso likes this.
  20. Alley Oop

the path through the compendium is generally lit with skull doors that have green eyes when they're available to you

Violet Ronso and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.