1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please allow workstations and printing press to be placed atop White Castle Walls.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bridge Troll, Mar 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

It seems almost everything else can be placed that, can we add the work devices please?

2. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

This change would allow us to put no fewer than 12 things on top of other things.

Wilfred and Bridge Troll like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Things that require pathing cannot be placed on other decorations.

4. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

..without creating a navmesh?

Thanks for the reminder as to why though.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Barugon likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I should've just said that there's not navmesh on placeable castle walls.

6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Sorry if I have not understood you well with my poor English.
    I understand that there are objects that I need to approach in order to use them, such as workstations, beds, chairs, printing...
    You say "things that require pathing cannot be placed on other decorations".
    However, on the walls of my castle (it is built with granite blocks), I can place some of those objects.
    I can place a bed, but it cannot be used.
    I can put chairs and cabinets, which can be used.
    I can even put up some bleachers.
    On the contrary, I cannot place many of the things that do not require pathing, like most of the tables. In fact, the only table I have been able to place on the walls is one sold by Decorations NPCs, but i cannot place table crafted.
    Perhaps the wish should be to be able to use castle walls as if they were a normal house. Really, I was somewhat disappointed when, when I finished building my castle, I have seen so many limitations to decorate it.

* Please can you tell me what is "navmesh"?

7. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I just tested this in editor across the transition of many wall types and many angles and many placement variations. ZERO aberrations. Chris said I can push it in for a patch. Probably won't make it until R89, but could patch in sooner.

Guess Alphaine will have crafting stations 5 miles in the sky on a tiny stone block soon. :p

8. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Thanks, as usual, for your attention, Elgarion and Team!

Lilith Ayin, this is the simplest explanation of navmesh I could find. It is kind of complex, but a navmesh system informs a game engine where characters (you and NPCs) can move. The reason it is important to this discussion is that SotA's workbenches (alchemy, Blacksmithing, ...) have an animation they play while you are crafting. Those require that you start with your character in a specific position in relation to the workbench. So - when you click a workbench the game tells your character to walk to the bench and stand in X position. To do that it verifies that there has been a navmesh defined to allow that.

9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I have understood that perfectly, thank you very much for your explanation, Bridge Troll :)
    And I hope I can decorate the walls of my castle with more decorative objects!

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  10. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

That was fast! Thanks team!

Wilfred, Anpu and Elgarion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.