Tier 3 and Tier 4 hunting areas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chubble82, Mar 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubbles

Chubbles Avatar

Hello all,

I am trying to find my feet again and I am trying to accumulate gold so that I can buy reagents for levelling other skill trees - namely magery types.

I am a melee user at present but can also switch to archer if required. Are there any tier 3 and tier 4 areas that are worth farming for cash?

Many thanks

Ysold and FrostII like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Some of the outskirts areas used to be pretty lucrative but that may have been... adjusted.

FBohler and FrostII like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I would say that with the recent update, it might be hard to determine which zones are the most lucrative for now.

A lot of earlier zones might have a decent drop rate increase now, but personally I haven't tried any yet, so I would recommend si.ply throwing yourself out there and trying it out. Aim for a place with humanoids, as those are the ones who drop equipment which will give more gold than the rest!

Chubble82 and FrostII like this.
  5. SeyuNanatus

SeyuNanatus Avatar

If you need gold :)
    go collect resources and sell them to the players [​IMG]

Elwyn likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That would be so much easier if there was a global vandor search.

FBohler, FrostII and majoria70 like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Dangit' @Barugon - ya' took the words right outta' my mouth !

Barugon likes this.
  8. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Try North Brightbone Woods - that used to be a good place to spam wood with other resources like cotton, carapaces and ore thrown in. Last time I was there the trees were buggy but the QA personnel couldn't replicate the issue, so maybe you'll be luckier than me.

Once you have a lot of stuff to sell, go to Crafters Town near Central Brittany and once there search for Gypsy Market. It takes a little bit of exploring but you'll find the vendors with buy orders.

I seem to remember that in the southeast corner of South Longfall Wetlands (a tier 2 scene) there is an endless spam of thugs who drop decent gold. Pretty easy fight, you can just have your character stand there while you read a book.

East of Ferig's Battle Camp (not on the main map) is the Kobold Expeditionary Camp. For a level 4 zone it's actually pretty darned tough, so be careful, but it's one of the best sources of gold and gear in the game.

Chubble82 and Violet Ronso like this.
  9. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

If you need to sell items and do not have a vendor look around in player own town. I know a lot of them have public commission free vendor and you just need to ask the owner of the town to have an access to them and be able to list items and start selling :)

I have some in Lys market. There is also two in novia Market. Pretty sure other pot have some too!

Chubble82 likes this.
  10. Chubbles

Chubbles Avatar

Thank you all for the replies. I will try some of the zones suggested

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Chubble82. As mentioned some will give access to commission free vendors. In Wizards Rest we have a residents lot for our residents with access to extra planting and a commission-free vendor to use. All Lots are set claimable by anyone. Have a great time. *cheers*

Chubble82 likes this.
  12. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

My favorite zones for farming were/are:
    South Broken Road (Tier 2, but lots of elves and bandits and regs to harvest)
    Sunless Barrens (Tier 3, Ebon cultists to farm and corpions for a.o. venom sacks, lava golems for regs), Upper Tears (Tier 4, barbarians of varying difficulty, silver), North Brightbone Woods (Tier 4, Ebon cultists, and lots of stuff to harvest) and Serpent's Spine Foothills (gathering).

Anpu and Chubble82 like this.
  13. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I've been meaning to put up more buy orders, as I am always in the market for animal carcasses.

I'll go through and put up more buy orders tomorrow, I always try to hit the public vendors in Soltown and Ardoris with buy orders and I'll drop some at all The Mad Chef locations (Novia Market, Crafter's Town, Britt Mart, Crossroads Alleys).

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.