Combat Stats

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Tirrag, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Wrote a little script that analyzes a chat log and shows general stats on kills and skills. I am not sure if I plan on enhancing it much and its not very pretty to look at but the info is pretty interesting. The largest chat file I had was 15MB so haven't tested anything bigger. That is not a challenge BTW to find and upload the largest chat file possible :) Thought I would share the script for others to maybe find useful.

If you don't know where your chat logs are at, while in game in the chat type /datafolder and it will open where SotA stores files. There will be a folder called "ChatLogs" that stores the logs this script analyzes.

NOTE: no information is stored on the server and your uploaded file is discarded after it is processed.

https://shroudoftheavatar.tools/combat-analyze.php

There are two main sections of infomation; one for the kills and one for the skills. Both sections contain yourself, your party members, and the enemies you were fighting (so you can see how their skills did against you).

An example of the kills output looks like:

[​IMG]

And an example of the skills analysis looks like the below. The first set of attacks dodged/glanced/blocked are how many attacks on you were dodged/glanced/blocked. The dodged/glanced/blocked counts in the individual skills are how many of your attacks were dodged/glanced/blocked.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the suggestion to show more info Violet :) I would like to add a breakout of the stats (and their skills) against a character by another character/enemy. Would be neat to see what enemies and particularly what skills of enemies affect a specific character the most.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Would be a nice idea to show how it works and show the results, what has been analysed and such!

I might try it when I play tonight, just to see what it looks like.

Tirrag likes this.
  3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Added counts on how many times the character was attacked and totals on how much regular and critical damage the character took.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Enhanced the script with healing information. Total healed and detail about healing provided and received.

5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Added the ability to select the chatlog start and end timestamps which allows analyzing a piece of the log. If you want to look at just a hunting session or an ERG session for example.

I also enhanced the script with the following information:

Damage Per Second
    Average Damage Per Attack
    Attacks Received Per Second
    Damage Taken Per Second
    Average Damage Taken Per Attack
    Total Heals Provided
    Healing Provided Per Second
    Average Healing Per Provided

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    FrostII and Anpu like this.
  6. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Another enhancement. I updated to detect sessions as entering a scene so I was able to breakout the numbers based on session. This helps eliminate the need to know a start/stop time if you are looking for a specific combat session. If you want to break out each ERG session for example, in-between sessions you simply need to exit and re-enter the scene and that will cause the script to detect it as a new session. If you don't leave the scene you can still use the start/end date values. Also, I added an "All Sessions" session which is values pre-session breakout. To expand the session details simply click the session name and it will expand.

7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

just a quick update this tool has been merged into an overall site. nothing changes here but they it will look a little different next time you visit :)

FrostII, Elgarion and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

fixed an issue in the analyzer where if your chatlog had an extra timestamp at the beginning of each entry it would cause the results to not process correctly. previously it was handling log lines that start with the format:

[4/2/2021 7:07:58 AM]

and now it will also handle log lines that start with the format:

[4/2/2021 7:07:58 AM] [7:07 AM]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.