1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Unroll Maps

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by dejunai, Apr 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dejunai

dejunai Avatar

Please make it possible to unroll maps so that we can layout a map on a table surface. Or have unrolled maps as a completely different asset. I wanna stage an area to play D&D with a map and tabletop statuaries ,

(also throw in some dice please)

Wilfred, Elgarion, necronut and 4 others like this.
  2. Toular

Toular Avatar

So, you want to play a role-playing game within a role-playing game in a reality that may be itself be essentially a role-playing game (or a simulation)? It like it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Anpu and Paladin Michael like this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Even if you just wanted to have a scene with a staged "war room" where you have a map unrolled on the table with markers. There are examples of this in Skyrim.

Yea I also think there are other cool uses of plain maps. It would be cool if say we could put a town map on a bulletin board, and then extra cool if we could click on it and it would show the location of all the shops (downloaded from the town crier lot list, with the shop types and names from store signs on the properties). This is ideally IMO how maps would work in the game, role-playing style. Instead of the auto-map feature, we'd have the object maps as originally planned, that would gain location markers as we went along, then could update location markers from other copies of the map we've seen (like again, in Skyrim). In any case, even if the devs never do all that, it would still be cool to put a town map on a bulletin board, for instance, and a framed map wouldn't make sense for that.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would love to have an unrolled map of my POT that would automatically update as lots are claimed and unclaimed. That would be frackin' sweet!

Dollar Bill and Lained like this.
  5. necronut

necronut Avatar

We have some craftable, mountable maps in game now. @Elgarion is it possible that we could have something like this? A table mounted map?

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sounds like a neat idea :) Maybe on another pass on map deco for sure :) I don't want to estimate a time though, but I've jotted this down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.