1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68806] New hills encounter stun bugs

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, Feb 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

02/27/2021 09:23
    Title: Razorback Destroyer pet freezes up in new hills encounter
    Reproduction Rate: twice yesterday in 3 hours, once already today
    Blocker? not really but makes things harder

Details: At least 3 times now while I was fighting green dragons (1 time an ancient) in the new hills encounter my razorback destroyer pet just stopped where he was and stopped attacking the dragon. Maybe he got stuck somewhere? But he quickly lost aggro each time. During the longer ancient fight I was able to teleport him to me but he seemed to get stuck again almost immediately. I will try to pay better attention to if this is always a specific spot but that can be hard with a dragon attacking! This was not just a case of the pig deciding not to fight because even after the fight he stayed put instead of following me around.

Edit: I will try to /loc each time this happens in the future to find where exactly he is stuck but I currently think it isn't so much a nav mesh issue as I think the green dragon does some kind of stun and the pig isn't ever released from it?

Steps to Reproduce: Kill dragons in the new hills encounter, using a destroyer pig set to aggressive as a tank and pay attention to when the pig stops helping.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.Win.64.1353.Date.02.26.21
    Area: RandomEncounter_Hills01/Wolf_Dragon
    Area Display Name: Hills Encounter
    Loc: (-35.1, 37.9, -47.5)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0hpbGxzMDF8V29sZl9EcmFnb258KC0zNS4wNzUsIDM3Ljg2MiwgLTQ3LjQ3OSl8KDAsIC0wLjg5NSwgMCwgMC40NDcpfC0xMjUuNjQ4N3wxMi4zNzQyMXwxLjY5MDI5

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    vulcanjedi likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

This has happened several more times. Always with a green dragon and when I teleport him to me after the dragon is dead he still just stands there dumbstruck.

Edit: I have confirmed it is not a specific location in the map this happens but it is instead a stun debuff that does not clear. After I finish killing the dragon if I hover the mouse under the piggy's nameplate it shows a mostly invisible debuff icon that counts down for about another 5 minutes and is not cleared with heal pet (taming spec makes this remove negative effects). The numbers shown for the strength of the stun are constantly changing so it is definitely bugged.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    vulcanjedi likes this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Gwendolyn Obscuro Where can I find the new hills encounter on the Overworld(s)?
    Thanks!

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

We currently cannot see terrain cells or terrain type while on the overland map. Would need a specific location coordinates for where one is and hopefully be standing in that exact spot that is an actual Hills terrain cell and hope it will activate a hills encounter while standing in the exact spot.

Currently only a dev can check this by loading a specific scene. We cannot.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Look for wolves on the hills up near port graff. Both green and orange dragons can spawn there but this issue is specific to green dragons. A stun debuff is applied to my razorback destroyer that can't be cleared and stays for 3-5 minutes even after the dragon is dead. (I haven't tried with other pets but it might be difficult to get them to keep aggro long enough to be stunnned)

Echondas likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Strophios this sounds like what was happening with your croc, yes?

vulcanjedi likes this.
  7. Echondas

I got lucky and followed someone into one - going to do some testing.

8. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

Same just happened to me. (It was my instance Echondas ported into.) :D

Pet spider stunned, lost aggro. Dismissed and resummoned pet. Same thing. Dismissed and summoned different pet. By this time I had aggro and I got perma-stunned.

The stun debuff appears by your buffs / debuffs as a sliver of black, and on mouseover the remaining time is glitching up and down.

Echondas likes this.
  9. Echondas

This is what I'm seeing so far.. empty debuff icon box with knocked down, but it's wearing off.. going to test some more..

[​IMG]

10. Gwendolyn Obscuro

@Echondas it looks like this. red number rapidly changes both up and down while white timer counts down as normal but lasts several minutes after dragon is dead.

[​IMG]

11. Echondas

Yep - I saw the same thing just now and got a video of it.. verified this bug. It's not specific to Razorback Destroyers, so I updated the title. The debuff did wear off after the timer expired, even though the dragon was dead.

See Video Here

(Moving this to World Building since it seems specific to this scene, and leaving a temporary link in Combat also.)

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68806

13. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

This bug also occurs with the named Green dragon in Grumvald Shardfall.

14. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

04/10/2021 16:07
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series GPU RAM: 8171
    SotA.Win.64.1376.Date.04.09.21
    Area: RandomEncounter_Hills01/Wolf_Dragon
    Area Display Name: Hills Encounter
    Loc: (52.6, 31.2, 66.2)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0hpbGxzMDF8V29sZl9EcmFnb258KDUyLjU2NywgMzEuMjI3LCA2Ni4yNDcpfCgwLCAwLjA2NSwgMCwgMC45OTgpfC00NDkuODg2MnwzMy43MDY3NXwxMC4wMTE=

Second time this happened. Green Pit Dragon Hills Wolf encounter on Spindrift Island
    Pet becomes immovable.
    A black icon shows a stun with a -number changing rapidly like 5 then 3 then 6.
    Like an inverse of the normal icon timer.
    And the timer shows 3 minutes and some odd seconds.
    If I can survive the pet will start moving again only if I command it or get hit myself.
    Tried this with razorback and legendary croc both same.
    Have not had this issue with any other dragons.

15. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I know that this has been [submitted] but when looking into this, please verify that Heal Creature with Tame Spec at least tries to clear stuns? I am not adverse to a dragon getting a stupidly overpowered stun, but we should have some way to clear it from our pets, and the text for Heal Creature implies that it should clear it. Thanks

16. Alley Oop

i don't think that's gonna work if the stun itself is a bug.

Bridge Troll likes this.
  17. Alley Oop

@Chris fixed this on stream today. patch pending.

18. Alley Oop

Fix Needs Testing as of 1386

19. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I still need to do a bit more testing since I used the croc this time instead of piggy and to kill more green dragons overall, but my testing so far points to this bug being at least mostly fixed. Me and my pet seem to be stunned much less often, the stun strength number when hovering over the stun icon seems to stay as one number instead of constantly changing, and the stun length is much more reasonable. The part that does seem broken still is that the stun icon itself is mostly invisible, but shows stats when I hover over it. Because the stun length is reasonable and because this testing is being done in the middle of fighting a dragon I haven't been able to test clearing the stun from my pet yet, but it also has not been necessary to do.

Edit: I was able to test a bit more, though still forgot to switch to piggy. This time I made sure my croc had aggro and I didn't fight at first so I could observe better. The croc was given a 25-30 second stun. I was not able to clear this stun with Pet Heal even though I am specced in Taming, but after the timer was up he started moving/fighting on his own again. I let him get stunned a second time and this time dismissed and resummoned him, which brought him back to the fight quicker but he had lost aggro. I do think specced pet heal should be able to clear the stun but it was short enough that I would not bother dismissing the pet and would fight through, especially since he kept aggro through the first stun. It would be nice if the icon showed correctly though.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  20. Alley Oop

@Gwendolyn Obscuro, the icon and the pet heal not clearing it would both be seperate reports, please.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.