1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Practice dummy in my home has disappeared

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Gabriel Nightshadow, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Title: The practice dummy on the roof on my home in the player owned town of Beran's Reach has vanished.
    Reproducible: Yes
    Blocker: No
    Details: Logged in and went to rooftop of my home, which I haven't visited in about a month (i.e., since previous month's update). Practice dummy is no longer there...and no one else has permission to move furnishings in my home. It's not in my inventory or bank.
    Steps to Reproduce: Logging in and out of the game several times made no difference. It's vanished into thin air...

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Gabriel Nightshadow there's some on-going bugs with dummies right now as they're trying to finally make them work when the owner is present. you can pick it up from the deco pallete. it MIGHT work in a basement or dungeon in the mean time.

3. Trezir Pyle

Trezir Pyle Avatar

Practice Dummies have recently vanished on my city lot in Immortal City. They are in the deco pallete, just not visible where I placed them. I reclaim them through the deco pallet then place them, they continue to remain hidden.

I have also moved my currrent house into storage, creating a clean empty lot. Placing practice dummy still remains hidden.

4. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

placed a training dummy on my keep lot in Berarn's reach, and it does not show up. I get a red square placing it, when it let go it does not show up. I can recover it from the deco pallet, but same thing happens when I place it again. Just made this training dummy. I used an alt to show it was not visible there when I was logged in. I tried logging out and logging back in but it was not visible then.

Waldo Ptolomy

5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

The practice dummy in my home has been made invisible. It's still there: I can pick it up in deco mode, but when I place it back it goes invisible again.

6. Trezir Pyle

Trezir Pyle Avatar

When the practice dummies are invisible, picking them up from deco pallet and placing them again still retains the invisibility. My assumption is they are on strike trying to form a union. Hopefully Devs and the Practice Dummies can come to a permanent agreement and bring them back to work!

Also might want to merge Owsley's post with this one, they seem to be on the same subject.
    Training Dummies and Targets disappear in Dungeons | Shroud of the Avatar Forum

./smiles

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

04/18/2021 12:32
    Title: Practice Dummy/Targets Disappear when dropped still. This makes it impossible to host our Sunday School event in Immortal City, sadly BUT I am very, very grateful for the ability to use them in POTs on POT land and that owners don't have to be present to use them soon!!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YES
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce: Place dummy/target on lot, it disappears. This is now going on three weeks.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8) System RAM: 28624
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 6097
    SotA.Win.64.1376.Date.04.09.21
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01a_template/Immortal City
    Area Display Name: Immortal City
    Loc: (159.8, 93.0, 344.8)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxJbW1vcnRhbCBDaXR5fCgxNTkuODA4LCA5My4wMDUsIDM0NC43NTQpfCgwLCAwLjUzMSwgMCwgMC44NDcpfDk2LjUyODIyfDQ5LjM3MTkyfDguNzE1NDY5

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  8. UnbelieverDragon

UnbelieverDragon Avatar

04/18/2021 19:13
    Title:practice Dummy disappeared
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Practice Dummy on my property in this location disappeared.
    I was just using it earlier today. I left town, came back, and it was gone.
    I exited the client entirely and restarted; this did not correct the issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16332
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GPU RAM: 8031
    SotA.Win.64.1376.Date.04.09.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Moonshine
    Area Display Name: Moonshine
    Loc: (72.7, 36.0, -101.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfE1vb25zaGluZXwoNzIuNzE3LCAzNiwgLTEwMS4yOTgpfCgwLCAtMC42OTUsIDAsIDAuNzE5KXwyNzEuODcxOXwyMy43NzIzNXwzLjQx

9. UnbelieverDragon

UnbelieverDragon Avatar

Well, I have the practice dummy back -- thanks for that -- but there's no right-click menu on him, so the only way to pick him up is via the decoration palette screen.

Also, he does not display with the name I've given him. The name is still there, if he's in my inventory, but when I set him down, he's just "Practice Dummy".

Any way to fix these things, or is this permanent? Thanks again...

10. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

Went to use a previously placed dummy and there it was, gone. Placed a spare one but it disappeared immediately. It was invisible but untargetable. I could place it in my inventory. The original one was not invisible it was gone.

PC Omen
    Processor - Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    RAM - 16.0 GB
    System Type - 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    Windows 10, version 1803, OS build 17134.472

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

do any of you having this problem have gpu occlusion on? are the dummies still invisible when you turn it off?

12. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

Don't know what that is Alley, sorry. But the good news is me dummy is back. Thank you ;-)