1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 66957] Thetis in Spite stuck in endless chat loop

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by TrikSteve, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrikSteve

TrikSteve Avatar

04/21/2020 15:50
    Title: Thetis in Spite stuck in endless chat loop
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: Talk To Thetis (barmaid) in Spite and endless conversation starts with other characters with ? at beginning. Unable to exit out without going to menu.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 16300
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU RAM: 8031
    SotA.Win.64.1181.Date.04.20.20
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Spite
    Area Display Name: Spite
    Loc: (138.7, 38.2, 107.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KDEzOC43MzgsIDM4LjE4OSwgMTA3LjQ5MSl8KDAsIC0wLjY5NywgMCwgMC43MTcpfDI3MS43NDQ0fDE2LjgwMTMxfDEuMjU=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #66957

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Does anyone know where this NPC is located? The location provided above is the location of a Players lot. Not where any NPC is located.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

thetis is one of the npcs in the tavern and she's not a barmaid. she is, however, one of the npcs that stop talking to you after you complete the love line, unless sannio opened up the others when he opened up shimzu, so you'll need a newbie.

this bug was reported when ALL conversations in game were bugged and is very likely obsolete.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  5. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Encountered this myself just now, as described by OP. Grabbed co-ordinates after relogging.

Area: Spite (Novia_R5_City_Spite) Loc: (137.712, 38.188, 107.844) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KDEzNy43MTIsIDM4LjE4OCwgMTA3Ljg0NCl8KDAsIDAuODg2LCAwLCAtMC40NjQpfDI1Ny4xMDQ3fDI1LjczMjExfDEuMjU=

N.B. currently following the path of love so Samael is with me... tried to insert a screenshot below but it's not showing for me and I don't know whether that's an issue with my browser or my post.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  6. Vaentorian

Perhaps related: when speaking to Sequanna later, Samael's first line was tagged
    but without the infinite looping text. All his other lines are tagged

7. Alley Oop

here is your image i dug into the source for:

[​IMG]

Vaentorian likes this.
  8. Sannio

Thanks for the update. Re-opened the original report and added the new info.

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Fix Needs Testing 1498

10. Alley Oop

not fixed in 1516. @Sannio, i'm running through this on a new character and had very carefully not talked to samael here yet.

[3/20/2022 10:53:32 PM] Thetis: Good tidings to you. I am Thetis, and I am a mage. You do not seem the type to visit such a town as Spite, outlander... do you seek the wealth of the treasure mine within Malice, or the more forlorn treasures of the loved ones lost within? Whichever it is, it comes down, in the end, to knowledge, as I am sure an adventurer such as you will know.

[3/20/2022 10:53:36 PM] Allium: outlander
    [3/20/2022 10:53:36 PM] Thetis: You are a challenge, outlander. Your soul is trapped within a world you were not originally a part of, yet a key part of you remains outside this realm. A mystery, to be sure. One I am not sure you understand fully.

[3/20/2022 10:53:38 PM] Allium: lost love
    [3/20/2022 10:53:38 PM] Thetis: Many are those who come this way, in search of loved ones that they have lost. Samael knows of what I speak, do you not, spirit-talker?
    [3/20/2022 10:53:38 PM] ?SAMAEL?: (talking to herself) That is not your concern, mage.

[3/20/2022 10:53:39 PM] Allium: spirit-talker
    [3/20/2022 10:53:39 PM] Thetis: (to you) His journey is a part of yours, and yet - entirely apart from it. Soon you may discover why.
    [3/20/2022 10:53:39 PM] ?SAMAEL?: (talking to herself) Be careful with your speculations, witch. I have business in Malice that you know little of.
    [3/20/2022 10:53:39 PM] Thetis: (to you) His journey is a part of yours, and yet - entirely apart from it. Soon you may discover why.
    [3/20/2022 10:53:39 PM] ?SAMAEL?: (talking to herself) Be careful with your speculations, witch. I have business in Malice that you know little of.

11. Vaentorian

I was running through this storyline last week so can confirm that having talked to Samael in the tavern before talking to Thetis, I didn't have the ?SAMAEL? issue. Don't know whether that needed confirming but Alley Oop's post earlier today is the first one in this thread which emphasises the order in which NPCs are spoken to, I wasn't aware of that being the likely cause.

IIRC Sequanna still had some ?SAMAEL? lines when I spoke to her, before I spoke to Samael in that scene.

12. Sannio

I'll try another fix Cross your fingers for this one!

Vaentorian and Anpu like this.
  13. Alley Oop

fix needs testing as of 1519

14. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Still looping as of 5/1.

15. Sannio

Thanks for the update!

I don't know why this NPC and her conversation keeps failing as people describe. I may be at the point where I have to remove the back-and-forth part of the conversation completely and see if that stops the errors. :(

Jack Knyfe and Anpu like this.
  16. Alley Oop

fix needs testing as of 1536

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.