Resolition not sticking -keeps changing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowdog, Apr 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

Has anyone figured out a way to stop the game from changing my resolution, maybe some config file setting?

I run my PC in 1920x 1080, and run the game in 1280x720 (which looks less than stellar by the way) to be able to see the txt on the screen, because the game does not support text scaling.
    Not every time I start the game, but most times, the game reset the resolution to 1920x1080, this is really a pain. Can this be fixed? or give me a workaround to stop this behavior? Please?

I did post it as a bug report but I am not holding my breath on that front

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

oh well

Time Lord likes this.
  3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

are you running in windowed or full screen?

maybe it would be best to post a screenshot of the video settings.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

What's your operating system, is it just the video settings or do others reset between play sessions?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

The game is running in full screen and well reset when I boot the game up and also when it zones from scene to scene, also it is not consistent it happens a lot but not all the time. Just to be clear(er) Windows is not changing resolution it is the game.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

I thought it might be the registry being corrupted as that's where the settings are stored but since it's inconsistent probably not.
    This is really strange.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

So this is a known and long-time issue am I to just pretend that it is not a problem?

Why is the game checking resolution once it is set. Why cant this be resolved?
    I run the steam client and the standalone client, the stand-alone client does it a lot more than the steam client
    I just installed the standalone client so PLEASE do tell me its because I have both installed.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Katu

Katu Avatar

I run the game in windowed mode a lot, also switch to fullscreen often. Never had that kind of problems. All the settings stay as I have set em up. Steam client, windows 10.
    It could be that if you run those clients with different resolutions, it tries to remember you last settings but they override or corrupt each other.

How about you decide which client to use and stick to it.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I had something like this happen to me the other day... It hadn't happened before or since, but as I remember it, I was going from full screen to window so I could get some YouTube mood music going in the background. I had chosen Fats Waller's "Ain't Misbehavin" and then adjusted the window I had SOTA running in, when suddenly Fats Wallen's song wasn't cutting it, so I moved the SOTA window again and decided on playing Jimmy Barnes screaming for 10 hours instead of sticking with the YouTube list Fat's Wallen's song was listed in. When I had returned, I think instead of moving the window, I just hit "alt enter" which caused SOTA to resize itself into the adjusted/moved window it was running in, to fit on the small screen available with it's windows screen having been adjusted half off my full computer screen. Then I hit "alt enter" again after I adjusted the SOTA window and SOTA didn't resize itself though the window did. I backed out of the SOTA program and restarted it which fixed the SOTA resized problem.

So if you need the Jimmy Barnes YouTube video to fix the problem with (I'm not a computer tech savvy person, so I have no idea if Jimmy Barnes effects the situation at all, I can only testify that it made me feel allot better throughout the resizing ordeal), here it is:

I was redecorating my Wizard's Rest properties at the time.
    ~Time Lord~:)

Alley Oop and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

If you mean the text in the chat windows, this is resizable at least to a larger font. I'm not online now to recall exactly where one clicks but it's along the top of the chat bar.

I'm not aware of UI scaling because I haven't had to look for it. I recall it being asked for.

11. Lained

Lained Avatar

Click the cogwheel on a chat tab to change font size.

[​IMG]

Katu likes this.
  12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

AHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa WHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadeeahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawhowhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  13. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

So calling you names would probably get me banned so I'll just say thanks for the advice.

I ran the steam client (only) for years and the game would switch resolutions, it's not because I run both
    My desktop is in 1920, I run the game in 1280, (because the game won't scale text), there is no reason for it to check my resolution, it is a BUG that has not been fixed. I am not the only user that has reported this issue. Please resolve it

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Virsago2099

Virsago2099 Avatar

It happens to me occasionally, but only after being idle long enough for the screen saver to kick in. Once I turn the monitors back on, it's using a lower resolution. I assumed it's because I run two monitors that have different resolutions and when the game recognizes the monitors turning back on, it chooses the lower of the two resolutions.

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  15. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

So there is nothing I can do and it won't get fixed? After the last patch, it happens almost all the time.

16. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you post a bug report for this on the bug forum?

How to post a Bug Report

Elgarion likes this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I haven't had this problem myself but let's tag @Chris and @Elgarion to make this more noticed. Good luck to you. Everyone should get a response and not be left out when expressing valid concerns.

Elgarion likes this.
  18. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  19. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

it will match whatever my desktop resolution is. Just stop checking desk top resolution and leave it set to what ever I set it at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.