1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Needs Testing 69014] Shamanian Hills - Crystal receptacles can have incorrect state

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Elwyn, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

04/19/2021 12:36
    Title: Shamanian Hills - Crystal receptacles can have incorrect state
    Reproduction Rate: random, but I can usually get it to happen in under 15 minutes
    Blocker?
    Details: The crystal receptacles can sometimes be falsely occupied with a crystal. This happens when you point the cursor at an empty receptacle and the tooltip says "Shamanian Crystal" instead of "Crystal Receptacle". The E key will put a crystal in your inventory if you don't already have two crystals. Then you have a crystal that you can immediately put back into the receptacle. Sometimes clicking multiple times can cause this to happen, so it isn't consistent even in the same instance of the scene.
    The problem is that this bug can cause the elevator section to be in the wrong phase, and at that point the only way to get to the back area is to let the scene time out and get rebuilt. Getting the false crystal counts as emptying the receptacle, but then the elevator goes up with an empty receptacle because it is only changing a flag instead of looking at the receptacle state. At this point is impossible to have a crystal in the receptacle to flatten the bridge when the elevator is up, and there is no other way to unlock the back area without a scene reset.
    Steps to Reproduce:Go to elevator with no crystal, wave mouse cursor over receptacle, then move it away, wait a moment, and repeat. When you see the tooltip "Shamanian Crystal", press the E key.
    I have seen the tooltip change spontaneously from "Shamanian Crystal" to "Crystal Receptacle" while the mouse was still hovering.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 24533
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4008
    SotA.Win.64.1376.Date.04.09.21
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills01_01
    Area Display Name: Shaminian Hills
    Loc: (-54.5, 69.0, -21.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMV8wMXx8KC01NC40NzYsIDY4Ljk2MSwgLTIxLjYyNyl8KDAsIDAuNjQyLCAwLCAwLjc2Nil8NzkuMjIwNzl8MjkuMjg4NTd8NC4zNjk5OTg=

Anpu likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Just now I came to the elevator receptacle with two crystals in my inventory, and it took like 15 seconds for the "ghost" crystal to clear in the tooltip.

...anyhow, it's nice to be able to get a "free" crystal, but the elevator screwing up is a real pain in the ass

3. Indhira Dahgda

Indhira Dahgda Avatar

04/29/2021 16:17
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12) System RAM: 16253
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1378.Date.04.29.21
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills01_01
    Area Display Name: Shaminian Hills
    Loc: (46.8, 88.8, 34.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMV8wMXx8KDQ2Ljc3MSwgODguNzUzLCAzNC4yODQpfCgwLCAwLjY4LCAwLCAwLjczMyl8MTUyNi4xNDd8MjUuNDIwMTF8MS40MDU2NjE=

I am having the same issue only not the elevator crystal . I have been here for almost 20 minutes and when I go to put a crystal in, it seems like it thinks there is one already in there and that I am trying to extract a crystal. As I have two in my inventory - I get the error message "You cannot currently hold any more of this item (Shaminian Crystal). This is preventing me from getting the Lunar buff which I need as a Moon mage.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the reports! Issue #69014

Elwyn likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Any status on this? I didn't realize how long ago I submitted it!

It really is kind of a blocker if you're trying to get the items for the 3-day buff, because if this happens with the elevator receptacle, one of two things happens:

- you already have two and can't take another one, meaning you can't get up to unlock the maze part, sure you could drop one, but...

- if you don't have two, and you get the "ghost" crystal from the receptacle... At that point the elevator goes up with no crystal, because elevator status is always inverting, regardless of the crystal status... then you put the crystal back and it goes down. It is now impossible to have the crystal in the receptacle while in the up position, so the bridge won't work, and you have to leave the scene and let it reset.

I just had to wait 20 minutes for the stupid elevator receptacle to go to normal.

The bug wasn't really a problem until someone sealed all the holes in the maze that would let me bypass the elevator. I don't have a problem with sealing the holes, just that the bug is now a pain in the ass.

6. Sannio

Sorry, I don't have a good update for you. The bug isn't considered closed, but at the same time I haven't been able to consistently reproduce it, or in a way that makes it clear what the issue is. I'll add your extra info into the original bug report.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It's true that it's inconsistent, it's sort of a heisenbug, but the behavior of the elevator (inverting every time the receptacle is interacted with, regardless of the crystal state) changes it from inconvenient to a block that requires a scene reset.

It's an uncommon situation rather than rare though. Almost every time I go there it seems I have a problem with one or more receptacles. And apparently the ghost crystal state can even change while you're standing there with your cursor hovering over it with a tooltip showing, but it's so boring to watch that it's hard to confirm that.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing as of 1492

9. Sannio

I was today years old when I first learned the term "heisenbug."

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.