1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Dev Review] Wood from Swamp Reapers not increased

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by tyorl999, Jan 9, 2021.

1. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

01/09/2021 16:11
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:4 different players on four different scenes
    Blocker?
    Details:With 1328 the Wood-Loot from reaper should be increased, but we played now with 4 players in Mystery Swamps in different scenes and the loot from the Swamp repears is small as it was before 1328.
    Was the increase only for normal reapers or did you forgot the Swamp Reapers?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 32721
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1332.Date.01.07.21
    Area: swamp01
    Area Display Name: Mysterious Swamp
    Loc: (179.0, 19.3, 92.2)
    Debug: c3dhbXAwMXx8KDE3OC45NTcsIDE5LjMzMywgOTIuMTc3KXwoMCwgLTAuOTgxLCAwLCAwLjE5Myl8LTM3NTcuNjE1fDIwLjcxOTMxfDE1LjM3MDg5

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@tyorl999 Where did you see or hear something specific to swamp reapers? It rings a bell to me also, so perhaps it was something discussed/mentioned during a livestream? I recall during a few livestreams, folks asking about increasing the drop rate of ashen heartwood specifically, and if memory serves during yesterday's, Chris mentioned he would ping Elgarion to discuss it.

I saw this in the release patch notes, and it mentions only wood -- are you seeing more wood drop from reapers in general?

Build Number 1328 – December 20th, 4:30PM

Updates

• Increased the amount of wood assets dropped by Reapers.

3. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

@Echondas as you wrote:
    with Build 1328 the wood asset drop by reapers should be increased

before 1328 I killed something about 5k swamp reapers in Mystery Swamps about months (perhaps 2 hours per day) ... and I got round about 120 to 150 wood assets ( maple or pine) per hour

with 1328 the wood assets dropped by reapers should be increased,
    but today we tried in our guild simular with four chars in 4 scenes 2 hours killing swamp reapers and the wood asset outcome per char was still 120 to 150 wood assets per hour
    (we are high level chars and kill each reaper in seconds, every two minutes spawn 2 new reaper, so we made 60 reaper per hour with each avatar)

so it is the same outcome like before 1328

So my question / bug is:
    is this a feature like "we only increase the Output for normal Reapers; for swamp reapers there should be no increase of wood asset outcome"
    or is it a bug like " Uhh ...ohhh ... I think we only increase the wood asset outcome for reapers and forgot the swamp reapers"

4. Echondas

I gotcha.

It sounds like you have spent a lot of time with this and I will trust your observation.

Just to confirm - you've tested and other reapers are indeed giving more wood, but the ones in Mysterious Swamp are not?

I'll submit this for dev. review, since I have no way to determine something like this myself.

5. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

@Echondas
    yes, we tested "normal reapers" too ...
    Swamp reapers in Mysterious Swamp give something like 3-8 wood or only something like wood pulp or pecan nuts or other stuff and NO pine or Maple wood

other repears (a.e in Ulfheim) give something like 8 - 12 wood with each kill

each reaper / swamp reaper is the same level with something like 2600 moral; Ulfheim is a Tier8 Scene, Mysteriuos Swamp is a 10+ Scene

6. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

@Devs @Echondas

Are there still any news about this? ...
    its now shortly 4 month and there are still no changes added to the output of the swamp reapers in mysterious swamp

7. Echondas

@tyorl999 I haven't seen any updates on this yet. I replied back to the internal thread on this to see if there is any news or update.