1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Passive Earth resist to match the other 3 corners of Elemental magic.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by necronut, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Note, that you're seeing lower numbers in pvp due to the recent damage resolutions that Chris implemented for pvp only.

2. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

humm.. based on sotagraph.com (thanks again dude!) the PVP seems increasing since April 1st (on a 6 months trending)

http://sotagraphs.com/goto/40c3Cv9Gz

[​IMG]

Lower spikes but more consistant.. well, hard to say tbh
    anonymous is a real pvp beast :eek::rolleyes:

To respect the thread subject, yea if the other magic schools have resists, earth should have the resist as well.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  3. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Now that obsidian trials have level cap (100) our guild is planning make a weekly pvp event there with revenant streaming. If you guys have suggestions send me a PM.

About magic resistance:

After a long time playing pvp as a mage i noticed:

1) Magic damage is really strong if your opponent neglates magic resistance, 0 / 80 resistance players receive a lot of magic damage;
    2) Some players that level 10 skills at level 100/130 range, gear up with some magic resist (abundant these days) can reach 150+ resistance receive way less damage from spells
    3) If your opponent also drink resistance potions , put some warding gems in gear and train the magic warding skill, magic became inefficient on them. (almost all people who pvp constantly are in this category).

i finally gave up trying to be a pure mage in pvp and now im having blast with a hybrid build with some ignore armor physichal skills...

Some mage builds still viable for group pvp, but the majority of pvp nowadays are 1x1 and is too easy to counter a mage without a magic resistance cap.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  4. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

This is just a matter of choice as skilling up resist decrease the opposite attunement. Instead using fire mage as source of DPS (being aware that 50% of mage are firemage, its wise to skill fire resistance..) try to use Water spells.
    Keeping the same logic here, its also unfair to use chaos spell against a melee as there is no resistance against this magic school but every, at least a shitload of PVP build use it.

If a magic school is very effective from a DPS point of view, dont be surprise people wants resists on this specific school, this is just a matter of build / counter-build.

5. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

We have now a lot of Magic resistance sources with zero cost to other magic schools, double effects for potions, refrain of resistance from bards 5 stacks give me 66 to all resistances, legenday/epic warlock chain, double bonus for water and fire passives (mine up from 35 to 70), some obsidian plate pieces, new artifacts, all have 0 tradeoff just bonus....

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  6. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I personally never seen a 5 stack refrain of resistance being casted during PVP (the way the PVP works, it's not even possible to reach the third stack) :p

Regarding the resistances on equipment... well.. as you risk the item you are wearing during PVP, you gamble what you can efford to loose/paid.
    But whatever, both party in PVP have access to the same equipements, potions, skills, etc. This is not something "unbalanced".

mage vs mage, its a matter of build/counter-build
    mage vs melee, its maybe harder for a mage to deal damage but its also easy for a mage to fly away and avoiding melee attacks
    archer vs rest of humanity, its a big LOL

7. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

I use it and some folks i fight too, a secondary buff deck help

Ransom was never a issue, and since last release it is disabled.

The issue is not related with item accessibilitty, but how easy is counter any mage build... being almost immune... you cant do it against archer or polearm user because they have ignore armor skills.

If you manage your fizzle change you can blink around, and cast spells like a mage . I can show you if you want

8. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I will not quote you on every sentences, the only thing I can say is.. change your build if you dont like it.
    Thanks for your help but im fine with my current build, its not perfect and im sure that lot of people can kill me but im fine with what I have, im not complaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.