Recipes for the most simple of tasks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cairo Hayden, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I understand the need for recipes but we do away with recipes for every single crafted item, especially when it's as simple as putting roses in a vase? It feel it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to put 5 roses into a vase to create a rose arrangement of one specific color.

Bluntly I feel it's just plain overkill. Anyways, would be nice when some of the future content comes if it's as simple as this, please either a) put the recipe on an NPC POT merchant OR b) just give us the recipe without having to learn it.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Archer likes this.
  2. Katu

Katu Avatar

As in real life, if someone would ask me to do a Rose arrangement, I would not know how to do it, In a way, that one might expect.
    To me, recipe is "I have learned to do this, certificate" instead of a "how to do it guide".

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  3. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Cairo Hayden @Katu

Perhaps you have not heard this: The recipes that are marked "re-teachable" are "discoverable". This means, if you try and try again, and just happen to eventually put the correct ingredients and tools into the correct crafting workbench, the "craft" button will become active. Then, you can click it to attempt to make the item. The recipe will go into your recipe book after that and you will have learned how to make it!

4. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Well, I don't typically do a lot of crafting but I did look up the recipe for these and I did put them on the table and nothing happened. Perhaps I am doing it incorrectly then. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? When you say correct tool into the workbench, in this case do I need to unequip my carpentry hammer and manually drag it into the workbench rather then have it equipped? As far as I know that's the only step I left out.

5. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Fair point made. A rose arrangement of different roses and combinations of flowers or extras I could understand that. However, I still don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure it out nor a degree. ;)

Now as @Kelly O'Shay pointed out, if these are "discoverable" then I retract my original statement in this post. If it is not discoverable then I recommend more of these simple craftable items become discoverable.

Where do I see the list of whether it is discoverable or not or is that a hidden stat on the specific items?

Thank you for your feedback as well.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

https://sotawiki.net/sota/Re-Teachable

Recipes that are Re-Teachable can be learned (discovered) for free just by making the item at a crafting station, and following the exact recipe and have the required skill level. After you make them, the recipe is automatically added to your recipe book.
    Recipes and emotes that are Re-Teachable can be traded to another character, and that character can teach it to others.

Player Basics - Recipes
    Anpu's Guides to Getting Started - The Outskirts and beyond

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  7. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Katu @Anpu @Cairo Hayden

No, you can leave your primary tool equipped as per normal.

Some recipes require an additional tool such as a wood rasp or an ingot mold. That's what I was referring to when I suggested that you also need to place a tool in the bin.

And, the count of reagents needs to be an exact match to the recipe to make the "Craft" button active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.