Release 89

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Lots of really good stuff in this release except for these:
    Having NPC enemies remove Shield of Air is a game killer for me.

Chatele, Net, FBohler and 1 other person like this.
  2. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

I'll premtivley welcome you back now

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

haha think that is bad, my Sun build now has no protection, and lost one of my Anks so its not viable anymore as my alternate way to farm undead with it... I will have to wait and see what the new imbued gem stuff that will come with phase 2 salvage in the next salvage update. maybe I can break down one of my epic anks for a gem to put in a wand maybe.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'll admit, a run in the Rise with Air shield was VERY rough. I don't dislike the fact that they cast Torpid, the issue is that they cast it so often that I end up just casting Air shield till I die now (because yeah, costs 300 focus to refresh on top of taking damage, you can purify it but at the speed they recast it, you'd just end up purifying for days).

I'm gonna be changing my build around now, for sure, but they need some sort of global timer or a resistance buff applied to the player or something for scenes like that.

Surprisingly enough, Daemons don't cast it, or cast it so little that in 6 daemon kills, I haven't gotten hit by it once, but Elven mages, watch out, they have that on a semi-auto rifle!

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

yeah its the same in the Penoptogon. lol mages be like lets keep that debuff on that guy... lucky for me in there i am undead so does not affect me... but if I was my sun build I would have to rely on others to help keep me alive.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. dayero

dayero Avatar

Idk, that's it?

They changed just a fraction of all salvagable items and it doesn't seem to work on stacks. Fun fact: Almost every items they did change.... wait for it.... stacks.

If the plan is to make similar changes to weapon and armor loot too it will propably take half a year at that pace.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ghost debuffs last over ten minutes. No way to clear it other than leaving the scene.

8. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

Why did you change recipes to improve quality of artifacts? It wasn't too easy anyway! Who took it into their heads to add the ancient essence to the requirements? I'm ready to bite his (her) head off for this! It would be better to fix existing problems than to create new ones for crafters.
    Big thanks for the possibility of recycling decorative cans, fabrics and other things, but probably this is the only good news in this release...

9. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Example of the debuff spiders cast on you in Spindle.
    [​IMG]

Cordelayne and FrostII like this.
  10. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

The game rains artifacts now, ancient essence is not in short supply

11. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I didn't find the information so I'll ask here: is voice training and the whole instrument out thing to bard effectiveness in the game yet?

12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Nope, not out yet.

13. Michael DragonBreath

Michael DragonBreath Avatar

Unfortunately, raining artifacts isn't enough to keep up with the demand - you're going to need a downpour of artifacts! It takes 62 ancient essences to make an epic item out of commons and 4300 chunks of coal. So @ 2000 igg per essence and 6 igg per coal you've got nearly 150K igg invested in each epic item crafted from commons.

FrostII likes this.
  14. Michael DragonBreath

Agreed! From what I've seen so far, the NPC enemies cast it WAY too often, and if you use Air Shield along with Berserker Stance it's very hard to recast it because of the +fizzle chance on Berserker Stance. In addition, you made this change at the same time as to the transfer ratio nerf (a double whammy). Why not just modify the transfer ratio and see if it gives you the desired results. Instead you add in the debuff, too. This is hardly what I'd call "balancing", you've taken a skill and rendered it effectively useless.

FrostII and FBohler like this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm really curious why in gods name does ancient essence, and every artifact for that matter, are still worth that much, Have you seen the drop rate? I can get over 10 artifacts per hour EASILY, pretty much in multiple zones, and have been showing these zones to people. The majority of the artifacts werent worth anything anymore because people wouldn't buy them anymore because 1. The market was saturated and 2. many were overpriced. Look at the markets adjusting themselves in the next 2-3 months, especially with how crafted gear will regain its spot as the top of the class with these changes.

There are some scenes where I have been grinding with others that have dropped, for me only, 15-20 arties an hour, and there are scenes that have dropped me 10 arties + 15 ancient essences or more per hour, and that is after the split with the group. There is a downpour of artifacts, you just need to play in different locations.

And Chris has learned that from valuable, and correctly given, feedback. Mobs will cast Torpid way less, and shield of air will cost much less focus starting with todays patch.

Why do you insist on giving yourself a handicap in a situation where you know your tactic isn't working? If you are fighting elven mages, do you REALLY need berserkers stance? Why not use Flurry+Defensive stance? Sure you lose some crit, but not everyone has those crit chances archers get, and they can deal just fine. Get defensive stance + Flurry, You'll lose a bit of damage, but you will be able to recast your shield of air.

I am still facetanking a bunch of mobs with Shield of Air, and when I mean a bunch, I mean anything and everything that isn't a caster. By the way, that is with a 0.9 Focus Transfer ratio... You simply need to adapt in certain situations, it's possible, trust me.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

To be fair, outside of the Rise, you don't just see casters only. It's not the mages that are taking you out, it's the archers and melees they party with once the mages knock your shield off. But I agree with the point. I think dropping the insane focus cost and reducing the frequency might be enough to bring it from frustrating to challenging.

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree, I've been struggling a lot with the Lich Boss in the Rise, which is surrounded by hoards of archers. Maybe Berserkers stance isnt as much your friend as it used to be. I recommend playing with other stances for a bit instead, you don't need to min-max your dps output :p!

18. Michael DragonBreath

So you're okay with having to grind for an additional 6+ hours to craft each epic item?? Sorry, that's a tough position to try and defend.

I certainly understand that and I understand what you're saying. No need to take a superiority tone with me. My point is simply that they are adding a LOT of grinding time and cost to crafting items ... and that's not a BALANCE issue. If they want to make it a balance issue - take the coal out of the recipe or reduce it considerably. Higher essence salvage for higher tier arties will also help. That's a balance and it gets more use out of ancient essence.

I'll defer judgement until I see the result.

Sorry for you getting pissed, but don't blame me because you clearly missed my point! I wasn't looking for you to tell me how to play the game, I was simply pointing out that the debuff results in the skill being completely useless in some area/zones. This change doesn't BALANCE anything, it removes the skill from being a viable option. Is the solution to find another way to do the zone/area, YES, of course - and I immediately did! My point was simply that this is not a move which BALANCES the use of the skill, it BANS and completely removes it from consideration.

Wow! Not even sure this one is worth commenting on. I'm really impressed how you're able to deduce all this about me and my play style when all I did was point out that the balance of Air Shield results in it being useless in many areas. If you must know, I've never used Air Shield in the past 5 years I've been playing. It's only been during the past two months that I've finally accepted the fact that it is (or was) the easiest path to success. Can I play another way - sure, I have and will where necessary.
    What you need to understand is that it's the GAME that drives the way people play, if there is a easy pathway to success people will ALWAYS take it, and adjust their builds accordingly. The point I am making is that if the change renders the a skill unusable, then they've overcorrected. They didn't fix the problem, they just eliminated it.

Cordelayne, FrostII and FBohler like this.
  19. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please keep things kind, considerate, constructive -- it's easy to get passionate about the game, but let's all try to keep friendly tones please.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'll continue to periodically check in on the forums to see if @Chris decides to remove the ability of mobs to strip off shield of air, but I doubt that will happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.