1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 69011 and 69022] Blood River Outskirts bugs

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Lanthrudar, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Lanthrudar

Lanthrudar Avatar

New to the game and have a few issues...

1. In Blood River Outskirts the "Vigilante Inquisitor" quest seems bugged since i have been to the vigilante outpost and back and killed dozens of the mobs and have YET to get Stage 1 in online play. This worked great offline.
    2. In Gus's little cul-de-sac, I am constantly hit by damage (assume the mushroom mobs) that are *not* visible to actually kill. It's constant damage with zero chance to clear the area.
    3. When trying to use the /bug command and enter either of these bugs in the bug forum, I am told I have to link my steam account, which I have *already* done.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i have approved your post but i am hesitant to move it into the bug forum yet because if you can't post there, you can't reply to your own thread there either.

@Sannio

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I can confirm this is currently working, with a newly created character, and I have the quest and journal entry for "Vigilante Inquisitor".

[​IMG]

Due to the RNG drop system of the game, they just have not killed enough Bandits possibly.

Standing right next to gus, I'm not seeing any damage being done to me?

[​IMG]

Also all of the mushrooms in the scene near him are visible and can be killed by me, as long as your ranged skill is high enough. Otherwise you have to get much closer to them (at a low level). They can all be targeted.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! I've added the info as issue #69011

I don't know why something would work offline but not online. Also, the invisible NPCs sounds odd. Do you have the latest update of the game? If you play through Steam, consider verifying your game's files (instructions for doing so are linked below.)

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Aren't there some swamp gas thingies in the area? Is it possible you're just taking poison damage from that?

FrostII likes this.
  6. Lanthrudar

Lanthrudar Avatar

Update...

So the alcove with Gus, I did not see any issues with DOT's there when exploring there again. The former damage was out near the pond, not next to him. I had no mushrooms to kill, but may have run into poison gas randomly spawning over the pond, since my monitors went into amber color during the play time.

Vigilante Inquisitor.. I have killed dozens of vigilante's, approx 4k gold worth minimum (they drop 13-20 gold each) and probably 1k arrows (using a longbow) worth and have STILL not gotten the phase 1 quest item for the elf leader.. You can do the math on how many I I have likely killed and if you think that was 'enough' to have spawned the quest item. I am not sure for quests if there is any weight check for items based on max expected to kill before guarenteed spawn, but I suspect if it's not in it should be. As of now I am givining up on this quest chain, assuming the online version of the game is BROKEN and I cannot delete the quest to even reset things and try again. For perspective, I have found 3 dozen or more bottles of elf wine while trying in vain to find that quest item, and now I am writing off the quest, and the reliability of this game to not have quest bugs, since this is obviously a major problem for me currently.

7. Sannio

@Lanthrudar , I feel like you may have skipped a step with your online character. There is a restriction on the "Vigilante Plans Stage 1" that allows it to be looted only if you have a certain quest flag. You get that quest flag from Alberic. It's possible I'm wrong and I'm tempted to log in as your character and check your flags, but before I escalate to that stage, could you do me a favor?

Please go to Alberic in Blood River Outskirts and say "help" to him. If he replies with "Indeed, you could help me find evidence of the vigilantes' wrong doing," that means you forgot to check in with him first, but have now officially started his quest and the Stage 1 plans should drop for you. If he says anything else, could you tell me exactly what he says? (A screenshot would be OK if you don't want to paste or type it.) The specific reply he gives could give me a hint as to your quest state and what might be wrong.

Elgarion, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  8. Sannio

I forgot to also mention that the issue with the fungal enemies near Gus is issue #69022

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  9. Sannio

@Lanthrudar , just doing a follow up here. Did you every get back to Alberic in Blood River Outskirts and say "help" to him? If so, what was his reply?