1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Farming Trees

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Arcuss, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcuss

Arcuss Avatar

Is it possible to add trees to farming? Lets say they take a week to grow to maturity. I dunno throwing it out there we do it in RL why not in game.

Jassim and Archer like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s currently Small Apple Tree and Lemon Tree?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If you are speaking about choppable trees, they could use small planting beds (2x2) to grow, and could work out great! Nice idea if the grow time is long enough

Archer likes this.
  4. Masa Llama

Masa Llama Avatar

Also have a chance at getting wood scrap while harvesting things like apple trees.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ooooh, bad idea, I think. (Presuming you want to sit in your dungeon all day and chop wood.)(Giggety!)

Cotton plants have already pretty much killed gathering cotton as way to make money; it's only still a thing at all because of the beetles. Same with the farmed reagents. I think adding other main crafting materials to farming is an overall bad. idea.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

Was it ever worthwhile except for the beetles? I've been planting cotton since persistence. They should at least bump the cotton collected from nodes.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I don't know, I started a few months after persistence. I don't know when farming cotton went in. I would have assumed though that as soon as you could farm cotton, gathering it would become pointless. Also makes no market for fabric scraps; since nobody really needs them for making cloth, it's better to sell fabric items instead of scrapping. Wouldn't really bother me at all if cotton was removed from agriculture. (And if the leather from scraps recipe were fixed, @Elgarion.)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree that there's a problem with most of this, but it's the remedy that I disagree with. There's no doubt that there's a tug-o-war between gathering and agriculture which aggravates both. Most all of my characters are gatherers while one is heavy in agriculture skills and my sota accounts own as much land as I dare to place into a sea of crops.

My opinion:

• Much more bugs need the placing into gathering and those bugs need to be much more important to fishing.
      • More process needed in agriculture with an entirely different set of bugs which need to be important to new fabrics such as silk (I don't know if you have ever much encounter with Thai-Silk, but that stuff is extremely strong, enough to make armor if it's thick) making "Medium Asian style Armor" when made with "Bamboo" (<---<<< new crop, good for building simple huts, simple enough to be easy to program in as open shed type of farming huts which would add to a new decor line in housing fashion) and reinforcement for silk armor types.
      • Major Wood needs to be a gathering exclusive, yet new agriculture wood raw material such as pulpwood needs to take over exclusively paper and included as necessary for (new item) "Animal Corrals" and added often so as to gather it back up for fertilizers.
      • There needs to be a distinct difference in spell casting power using gathered regs vs farmed regs and like the "Heritage Items", the gathered regs need to be exclusive to the gatherer and cannot be sold, which would give cause to reg gathering becoming a thing for our magical characters.
      • Agriculture needs to branch into farm animals providing more quality meats, cheese, wool, but require adequate area. Animal farming pens should come with the animals themselves, which would mean a certain low amount of carpentry needed for building them combined with taming skills to add the animals from the tamer to all combine into the sellable "OK Corral styled" lot placed outdoor item, needing differing other farmed crops to breed animals from them (agriculture sink the same as a gold sink). Raise donkeys for water pump well construction, cattle for quality beef foods and low quality milk & low quality cheese, pigs for pork, sheep for wool, goats for higher quality cheese and high quality milk. All of the fore mentioned would place a huge dent into our current agriculture market which would allow gathering to become more important in it's own for different directions away from our current agriculture vs gathering atmosphere.
    We need to develop gathering and agriculture away from each other and the above are only mentioned in displaying the theme of how we can do it, as a primer.
    I think there are easy fixes, yet it's finding the development time to do it, with the simplest programing solutions being the best solutions for all.
    [​IMG]
    ~TL~

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Masa Llama and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.