1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

I wish for a rotating scene cycle

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Kaizen Strava, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

This game has sooo many scenes that are just amazing to be in but the mob level makes them inappropriate to hunt in so they rarely get seen.
    It would be amazing if some of the lesser used scenes that are not used for story line could get rotating difficulty levels. Like once month if is a tier two then 3 Then 4 and so on until it hits about a tier 8. then back down to 2 again. it would encourage people to hunt in a buncha "NEW" places they have not seen before.
    The devs could even do a scene of the month thing and put that particular scene on steroids.
    Kind of like they do the fishing towns on a rotation

2. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

When I took my break a year ago they were supposed to be adding a option to all scenes where you could choose the tier level before entering it, I don't know if this was given up on or not.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Many balance issues came into play making this very difficult. Some episode 2 scenes give this option, but I think they want to finish their balance before trying this out some more.

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  4. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

Well I do hope they still add this at some point because there is alot of nice looking scenes that are low tier.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The other day I walked into a random "stag scene"... stag, doe, stag, stag, stag, doe, stag, "dragon!" It didn't indicate stag and dragon scene.

Scaling up as the instance is worked seems the better direction to take this I think. That just seems more natural to me, to see larger monsters/animals show up that depended on that food source within it's territory. Sort of territorial predator showing up after a full cycle of killing everything in that instance. A predator that would take a party of that scull level of players to take down.

I think everywhere in our world there needs to be a time to run away, no matter what your super-duper-character's skill level.

Selecting a level for an area to be sounds nice, but even then, I think the territorial boss needs to show up corresponding with the selected level.

I think that would make for more socially collective incentive to group, yet also I do think we need events that cause any level to run away. Grinding and farming need to become things of our game's past.

Some stimulation for thought... "The Lack of Control" I think needs to be added each time we add more control.

Just some thoughts when thinking about this :)~TL~

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it did, you have to look around. ash piles, dragon scales scattered on the ground...

7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

We did get a few of those. The Lost Vale has variable difficulty on the encounters there, and several Episode 2 scenes like Lamech's Bazzar, Spindleskog and Myrkur have two or more difficulty levels as well.

Anpu, Coswald_Dirthmire and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops: Sweet dreams are made of these, who am I do disagree? :confused:
    Well I certainly was one more ash pile to that instance ;)~TL~

Net, Coswald_Dirthmire and Alley Oop like this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I like the OP idea. This way we would play every scene in the game in the long run. If they just added multiple tiers to every scene, we would end visiting the same scenes instead of exploring old/new ones.

Wilfred and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.